Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

CIC WEEK 4

Elwood @ Oak Hill - The Golden Eagles have more than enough to handle the Panthers.

Frankton @ Blackford - The Bruins will methodically drive up and down the field to take care of the Eagles. (Could be a close one.)

Madison Grant @ Alexandria Monroe - The Tigers passing attack will be the key to victory over the Argylls.

Mississinewa @ Eastbrook - *Matchup of the week *  The Panthers will have the discipline and grit necessary to take this game, the can, and the conference title away from the Indians. (Should be a huge crowd, get your tickets early).

Let’s hear some input on this weeks games.  I think it’s a week for the home teams.

Edited by captainobvious

Oak hill will dominate Elwood! Score may not be indicative of game but they will handle Elwood. Oak hill by 27

Blackford will beat Frankton in one of the most boring games of the year! Who will make the least amount of mistakes. Blackford by 20 

Alexandria will handle Madison grant with a balanced attack. Madison grant better be able to stop running game cause Frankton couldn't. Alexandria by 28

Ole miss vs Eastbrook will be a battle! I believe Ole miss pulls the win in this classic! Should be close! Ole Miss by 12

Elwood at Oak Hill--Last week Elwood played with a continuous clock the final 3 quarters.  Oak Hill doesn't have the offense that Mississinewa does but still has enough to get rid of the goose egg in the win column.  Oak Hill wins this one but will be closer than it should be.

Frankton at Blackford--Frankton has some talent but has trouble finding it all at the same time.  Blackford is trying to figure out what they need to do to compete with Mississinewa and Eastbrook later this season.  Blackford shows a strong defense this week and pulls out the win.

Madison-Grant at Alexandria--This game will be a close one and may be the closest game of the week.  Alexandria has some weapons and will need all of them to show up this week.  Madison-Grant took a thumping last week but this week they put some points on the board but unfortunately it won't be enough.  Alex wins this one by but not by much.

Mississinewa at Eastbrook--This game will determine the CIC Champs.  Too bad this game couldn't be played at IWU, Ball State, or Lucas Oil Stadium so everybody would have a seat to watch this one.  Mississinewa played the starters only 1 quarter last week and still set a school record on points scored in a game.  Eastbrook showed last week that they can put some points on the board.  Eastbrook is 0-2 against 4A schools this year while Mississinewa is 2-0 against 4A schools.  Eastbrook took a couple of games on the chin to start the season but will be prepared for this week.  Mississinewa's QB by committee and situation will pose problems for Eastbrook.  Mississinewa has a power back and speed backs.  Eastbrook has a lot of speed.  Mississinewa has the size but Eastbrook may be quicker off the line.  This game will be decided in the trenches.  Mississinewa wins this one but this game will be the lowest scoring game for Ole' Miss for the regular season.  Too bad this game wasn't the final game of the regular season.

Oak Hill -  Elwood is a few years away  OH by 21

Blackford - This could be close. 2 ground and pound teams that eat up the clock.  If Frankton can limit mistakes and score in the red zone we could have a game. Blackford by 7

Alex- MG's needs to keep the Tiger O off the field.  It worked for Frankton in the first half.  Alex by 14

Mississinewa- With out a doubt the best game in the CIC this week.  Ole Miss by 3 

OH by 4 TDs over the Panthers

Blackford over my Eagles, the teams run the same O but the Bruins defense actually has a pulse 35-6

Alex will win at home by 3 TDs over the Argylls

Ole Miss will beat Eastbrook by 2 TDs, but this should be a great game!  I wish I could attend and hear the cow bells.

The battle between MG, Frankton and Elwood for the honor of actually winning a game this season is going to be epic down the stretch.  My early bets are on MG to beat both teams and Frankton to beat Elwood 21-20.  After watching my Eagles for 2 quarters last week I'm hoping that they delete the Wing T from the playbook next season.  Although it's successful at chewing up the clock and occasionally scoring a TD, once a Wing T team falls behind a score or 2 the game is typically over at that point (especially for my Eagles).  However, if a team could run Wing T one play and then go spread the next I think that'd be a great formula for an offense.  It seems my Eagles are lacking the 2 Ts right now anyway, Talent and Toughness.

Elwood @ Oak Hill-  Oak Hill By a lot

Frankton @ Blackford- Blackford by a lot, according to some they will be 2nd in the CIC.....SMDH.....

M-G @ Alex -  With M-g taking one on the chin last week they will be out to get the bag pipes going again with a victory tune... Close, M-G wins....

Ole Miss @ Eastbrook- ***GAME OF THE WEEK***  Here. We. Go.  10 miles seperate these  rivals.  Home team has won since 2011.  Yes Eastbrook has lost to 2 ranked 4A teams, Ole Miss has beat 2 unranked 4A teams.  Advantage Panthers.

The Panther fans are shining the bells up, already got their tickets and have been out to the stands and taped down their blankets to reserve there spot for the Battle for 1st place in the CIC.  Time to bring the Can back home!!!  Eastbrook in a close game. We've seen better 4A teams and know what to expect.  Stronger schedule, stronger team!

Unfortunately I can't make it, but I will be ringing my Bell in Indy WATCHING it on WIWU-TV.  Anybody else can't make it here is the link to the youtube channel it will be on:

https://www.youtube.com/user/wiwutv51

Go Panthers!!!!

Ole Miss gets by Eastbrook in OT by 6.  This should be a great game either way.  I wish other CIC teams could figure out how to compete like these two!!! 

Blackford beats Frankton by 21.  If Frankton wants to fight, it could be a little closer.  If Blackford jumps ahead early, it could be a lot worse.  Not sure how in the world Alex beats Frankton by 28!!!  I would like to think Frankton has the athletes to compete better than that but maybe I'm wrong. 

Alex beats Madison Grant by 3.  The big lopsided win against the Eagles last week will have the Tigers chest puffed out and will play with confidence against M.G.  I think M.G. is getting better but I think the tigers grab this one.  Hopefully the Tigers don't comeback and put signs all over the field and egg the press box later though.

Oak Hill beat Elwood by 28.  Not sure when or if Elwood will rebound from all these beatings but this week is not the week for sure.  Golden Eagles win easily.  

7 hours ago, captainobvious said:

Isn’t Mississinewa playing at Eastbrook tomorrow??  Where is the usual trash talk and conversation that normally accompanies this game?  This week has been boring.

Not going to here much from me, i thin Ole Miss is the real deal and beats us by 2TDs.... Now when @Scottish_Warrior says Eastbrook is the 4th best team in the CIC (SMDH) then i will start trash talking.

Elwood @ Oak Hill - Oak Hill by 3-4 scores 

Frankton @ Blackford - Blackford by a lot

MG @ Alex - Think this will be a close game! Both teams are going to be ready to go and will both put up points but I think the key is can MG defend the pass good enough to come out with a win and that’s something I don’t think they will do this week. Alex by 7-14 

Ole Miss @ Eastbrook - Going to be another great game between these two teams! Eastbrook is at home and I think they always have a major advantage at home. But with that being said I think this time Ole Miss comes out with the win! Mississinewas play makers prove to be just a little to much for the panthers. Mississinewa by 10

If anybody remembers last years Ole Miss V Eastbrook game came down to a touchdown pass as time ran out to avoid going to Overtime.  And that was against the best team Ole Miss ever had last year....  Now we are back to the best team Ole Miss ever had this year, not sure how that seems to get labeled every year, but that's just how they do in Gas City I guess.  Yes, Ole Miss is in the top 10 in 4A, but who have they really played?  This ranking is based solely on last years success not by the quality of victories this season for sure.  

But tonight, finally a quality opponent, The Mighty Eastbrook Panthers.  Out to prove a point that having quality out of conference opponents have made them a stronger team.  And if anybody will learn and excel from losses it is Coach Adamson and his staff.  Motivation?  Get that can back to it's home, CIC title(most likely) and one step closer to Grant 4 champs!

As to why the chatter on here has been so quiet?  My guess is that everybody in Gas City is Cleaning out the Kmart and getting it ready for the Archery range, players are huddled up around the Milk can saying their goodbyes and Upland and surrounding areas are shining up the Cow Bells to bring the noise tonight... And the players, Making room for "Frank"  to come back home for the season!

To everybody going tonight, Have fun, be safe go early and hit Ivanhoe's, or enjoy a ribeye sandwich fresh off the grill at the field.  It is going to be an electric night!  Enjoy and GO PANTHERS!!! 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, djbowzz said:

If anybody remembers last years Ole Miss V Eastbrook game came down to a touchdown pass as time ran out to avoid going to Overtime.  And that was against the best team Ole Miss ever had last year....  Now we are back to the best team Ole Miss ever had this year, not sure how that seems to get labeled every year, but that's just how they do in Gas City I guess.  Yes, Ole Miss is in the top 10 in 4A, but who have they really played?  This ranking is based solely on last years success not by the quality of victories this season for sure.  

But tonight, finally a quality opponent, The Mighty Eastbrook Panthers.  Out to prove a point that having quality out of conference opponents have made them a stronger team.  And if anybody will learn and excel from losses it is Coach Adamson and his staff.  Motivation?  Get that can back to it's home, CIC title(most likely) and one step closer to Grant 4 champs!

As to why the chatter on here has been so quiet?  My guess is that everybody in Gas City is Cleaning out the Kmart and getting it ready for the Archery range, players are huddled up around the Milk can saying their goodbyes and Upland and surrounding areas are shining up the Cow Bells to bring the noise tonight... And the players, Making room for "Frank"  to come back home for the season!

To everybody going tonight, Have fun, be safe go early and hit Ivanhoe's, or enjoy a ribeye sandwich fresh off the grill at the field.  It is going to be an electric night!  Enjoy and GO PANTHERS!!! 

Man, what a Friday night that would be. Panthers and Indians battling in front of a packed house and some Ivanhoe's on the way? Oooo weee. Good luck to everyone tonight. I'll be seething with envy as I knock out some "honey-do's" at home while feverishly checking the GID for score updates. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, halfbackpass said:

Man, what a Friday night that would be. Panthers and Indians battling in front of a packed house and some Ivanhoe's on the way? Oooo weee. Good luck to everyone tonight. I'll be seething with envy as I knock out some "honey-do's" at home while feverishly checking the GID for score updates. 

This game will be broadcasted live on WIWUtv 51 on youtube... Just sayin.... 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, djbowzz said:

You think Ole Miss best team was last year? That's not even close to being accurate. With that being said, i don't believe this will be close tonight. Ole Miss by 2-3 TDs.

Just now, Midway Monster said:

You think Ole Miss best team was last year? That's not even close to being accurate. With that being said, i don't believe this will be close tonight. Ole Miss by 2-3 TDs.

No, my point was that it seems like every year it's their "best team" ever, according to their fans...

10 hours ago, panther10 said:

Not going to here much from me, i thin Ole Miss is the real deal and beats us by 2TDs.... Now when @Scottish_Warrior says Eastbrook is the 4th best team in the CIC (SMDH) then i will start trash talking.

Yes, that’s a crazy statement!  I do disagree with you about the game tonight. I believe Eastbrook wins a close one!  Should be a huge crowd.

11 hours ago, djbowzz said:

But tonight, finally a quality opponent, The Mighty Eastbrook Panthers.  Out to prove a point that having quality out of conference opponents have made them a stronger team.  And if anybody will learn and excel from losses it is Coach Adamson and his staff. 

Just sayin....

Eastbrook reaping the rewards for their schedule.  No doubt in my mind the Marion/Delta games toughened this young group up and put them in a position tonight they probably would not have been in if they had not challenged themselves early.  Congrats to the players on this win.  Very impressed.  

• Like 3