Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, XStar said:

Eastbrook reaping the rewards for their schedule.  No doubt in my mind the Marion/Delta games toughened this young group up and put them in a position tonight they probably would not have been in if they had not challenged themselves early.  Congrats to the players on this win.  Very impressed.  

After the Ole Miss and Eastbrook game would you say Eastbrook is that good or Ole Miss isn’t? Are Marion and Delta the real deal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not going to say much about Ole Miss.  I wasn't at the game last night so I haven't even seen them play this year.  I hope they are legit because that will make this win by Eastbrook look better as the season/postseason progresses.  

I will say this regarding 2A.  None of the usual suspects have really stepped up and shown themselves to be a juggernaut so far.  The programs coming in from other classes like Luers, Andrean, and Pioneer have all already lost games I didn't think they would.  Last year's champ dropped a game in which they allowed 40+ points after not allowing more than 20 in a game last year.  This thing feels WIDE open to me, particularly in the North.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, XStar said:

I'm not going to say much about Ole Miss.  I wasn't at the game last night so I haven't even seen them play this year.  I hope they are legit because that will make this win by Eastbrook look better as the season/postseason progresses.  

I will say this regarding 2A.  None of the usual suspects have really stepped up and shown themselves to be a juggernaut so far.  The programs coming in from other classes like Luers, Andrean, and Pioneer have all already lost games I didn't think they would.  Last year's champ dropped a game in which they allowed 40+ points after not allowing more than 20 in a game last year.  This thing feels WIDE open to me, particularly in the North.  

 

It looks like Cass is a big threat in the North. Return a lot from the team last year that took Eastbrook down to the wire in the post season and have 2 or 3 quality wins already this year starting 4-0

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, captainobvious said:

I’m guessing that my prediction of Eastbrook going undefeated in the CIC is not sounding so crazy now, is it?

Not so fast Captainobvious!  Eastbrook still has to get through Frankton and Elwood.  Let's not go crowning them CIC champs just yet!!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, olinecoach said:

It looks like Cass is a big threat in the North. Return a lot from the team last year that took Eastbrook down to the wire in the post season and have 2 or 3 quality wins already this year starting 4-0

They are absolutely a contender.  But they have a strong challenge within their own sectional.  Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the state finals but also wouldn't be surprised to see Pioneer avenge their opening week loss and win that sectional.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, XStar said:

They are absolutely a contender.  But they have a strong challenge within their own sectional.  Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the state finals but also wouldn't be surprised to see Pioneer avenge their opening week loss and win that sectional.  

Good call. I think that, similar to Eastbrook, their schedule helps them be prepared for the tournament. The rest of their schedule being 3A and 4A teams may give them a bump or two, but should get them ready for a run!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for all the input @olinecoach, @XStar, and @bittergymteacher. Totally agree with you about Cass, they have some stud play makers. Then the Bombers go and beat Western, Will be very interesting to see what happens in 2A North come playoff time. Heck their is a chance Eastbrook doesn't make it out of their sectional with Tipton in it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, panther10 said:

Thanks for all the input @olinecoach, @XStar, and @bittergymteacher. Totally agree with you about Cass, they have some stud play makers. Then the Bombers go and beat Western, Will be very interesting to see what happens in 2A North come playoff time. Heck their is a chance Eastbrook doesn't make it out of their sectional with Tipton in it.

Eastbrook and Tipton would be a great matchup. Both graduated a lot of good players. Both have had good players step up and play well. Both Cass and Pioneer have improved greatly since week 1. From my understanding, Pionner had some injured lineman week 1. RC has had some nice wins and will be a great matchup for Andrean in their sectional. Can't wait to see how the next couple of weeks go for all teams. November is just around the corner!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TacklingFuel_10 said:

Eastbrook and Tipton would be a great matchup. Both graduated a lot of good players. Both have had good players step up and play well. Both Cass and Pioneer have improved greatly since week 1. From my understanding, Pionner had some injured lineman week 1. RC has had some nice wins and will be a great matchup for Andrean in their sectional. Can't wait to see how the next couple of weeks go for all teams. November is just around the corner!

Tipton is not near as good as you’re giving them credit for.  Eastbrook would beat them by 3 plus scores.  I realize both schools graduated a lot last year, but Eastbrook is a plug and play program!  This senior class at Eastbrook is a very talented bunch.  It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they make another deep run this season.  Very good team!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, captainobvious said:

Tipton is not near as good as you’re giving them credit for.  Eastbrook would beat them by 3 plus scores.  I realize both schools graduated a lot last year, but Eastbrook is a plug and play program!  This senior class at Eastbrook is a very talented bunch.  It wouldn’t surprise me at all if they make another deep run this season.  Very good team!!

Tipton lost 17 starters from last year. Only have a couple seniors this year. Talented team but really young. I think they could be dangerous come tournament time if they continue to improve as they have so far. Next year, expectations will be high again. As for Eastbrook, I don’t know much about their team this year other than Adamson is still their coach. Anyone who sleeps on an Adamson coached team is foolish. 

Edited by Fballfan15

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2019 at 12:40 AM, captainobvious said:

I’m guessing that my prediction of Eastbrook going undefeated in the CIC is not sounding so crazy now, is it?

The CIC title is definitely looking very good for Eastbrook at this point. Friday's matchup wasn't what most had thought it would be. Eastbrook put on a defensive clinic in my opinion.

Here are some stats for the Mississinewa QB:

35 yards rushing

70 yards passing

2 TDs

1 Personal Foul

0 Headbutts (those in the community will get the joke)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congratulations Eastbrook!  I was incorrect on my Ole Miss predictions of winning game and my early pick of the river rats winning the CIC.  I will venture to say that if the game was in Gas City, the score would've been the same but with the Indians coming out on top instead.

Now on to the BIGGEST CIC game of the year...........................  Frankton @ Elwood.  The 2019 (Works Bathroom Cleaning Supplies) Toilet Bowl.  There'll be dozens of people at the game and the winner will have bragging rights of NOT finishing dead last in the conference.  HUUUUUUGGGGGEEEEEE!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Warriorfan said:

Can Elwood get a win in this game???

I just don't see it. All the talent at Elwood is either in the stand, at home or transferred. It will take a few years for them to get on track!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, GV5 said:

I just don't see it. All the talent at Elwood is either in the stand, at home or transferred. It will take a few years for them to get on track!

Elwood is a work in progress.  I feel they have a chance, but will need to execute.  Last year we knew we were going to have a couple of lean years with freshmen and sophomores playing.  This might have been pushed back a year with transfers.  Ron knows what he has and is getting experience for the younger players.  Win or lose these kids are doing what they can, but they are a few steps slower than the teams they are facing.  Coaching longevity and player buy-in will determine how Elwood does in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Foga said:

Elwood is a work in progress.  I feel they have a chance, but will need to execute.  Last year we knew we were going to have a couple of lean years with freshmen and sophomores playing.  This might have been pushed back a year with transfers.  Ron knows what he has and is getting experience for the younger players.  Win or lose these kids are doing what they can, but they are a few steps slower than the teams they are facing.  Coaching longevity and player buy-in will determine how Elwood does in the future.

I agree 110%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...