Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Dwenger vs Homestead

Don’t know about Carroll.  Homestead students thought it was a good idea to take apart new bleachers because they were not big enough and the video themselves doing it as well as video lighting something on fire in bleachers.   The odd thing is it was posted on Instagram and are trying to deny it happened.  I guess when you have never won a big game before, this is how you behave.  To credit the Homestead players, they handled everything well and are a very good team.    Fans and parents are going to need a quick tutoring session to catch up.  

Having said that,  Bishop Dwenger needs to realize that every single school on the SAC wants to beat them and want to do it badly.   This is a perfect example of what it means to other schools In SAC if they beat Dwenger

Edited by OldschoolFB
Mis spelling.

10 hours ago, BLKnights7 said:

I remember school workers at Northrop complaining about all the alcohol bottles and trashed bleachers in the student section  when Dwenger would come through. Not sure why they don't supervise the student sections.

Nice dig on Dwenger. I sure every student section has that. 

I was out of town, so I live streamed it. Dwenger's side was never shown, but I'm presuming their side was full with some standing? 2700 maybe for Dwenger? Homesteads side looked like all students and some parents. 600 maybe? Homestead's side wasn't jammed packed like I thought it would be. Many people staying home because of lack of seating would be my guess. Casual fans who were neutral more than likely sat on the Dwenger side. 

18 minutes ago, BTF said:

I was out of town, so I live streamed it. Dwenger's side was never shown, but I'm presuming their side was full with some standing? 2700 maybe for Dwenger? Homesteads side looked like all students and some parents. 600 maybe? Homestead's side wasn't jammed packed like I thought it would be. Many people staying home because of lack of seating would be my guess. Casual fans who were neutral more than likely sat on the Dwenger side. 

Some of what you missed seeing, was actually shown on the 'LIVE' Stream game video on YouTube from SummitCitySports.com and the play by play audio track by Redeemer Radio 106.3 FM commentators. There were a line up of temporary bleachers well at the back of the High Jump pad and beyond the North End Zone end line..

On 9/15/2019 at 2:30 PM, OldschoolFB said:

Don’t know about Carroll.  Homestead students thought it was a good idea to take apart new bleachers because they were not big enough and the video themselves doing it as well as video lighting something on fire in bleachers.   The odd thing is it was posted on Instagram and are trying to deny it happened.  I guess when you have never won a big game before, this is how you behave.  To credit the Homestead players, they handled everything well and are a very good team.    Fans and parents are going to need a quick tutoring session to catch up.  

Having said that,  Bishop Dwenger needs to realize that every single school on the SAC wants to beat them and want to do it badly.   This is a perfect example of what it means to other schools In SAC if they beat Dwenger

Well, welcome to the club.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Image result for jump to conclusions mat

There certainly is/was damage, right?  

"Dwenger Principal Jason Schiffli said that bolts and nuts that support crossbeams for the bleacher were removed, foot plates were missing and bent, bleachers were bent, and a standing bar was missing."

https://www.wane.com/news/local-news/certain-damage-at-dwenger-stadium-may-not-have-been-vandalism-principal-says/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

FORT WAYNE, Ind. (WANE) Damage to bleachers at Bishop Dwenger’s new stadium that was believed to have been caused by fire or chemicals was actually oxidation, and bolts that were said to have been removed by visiting Homestead High School students may have been left behind by a contractor, the school’s principal said Tuesday.

While the investigation carries on, Schiffli said Tuesday he learned that at least one part of the damage – and possibly more – was not caused by the students, or anyone else. Schiffli said he learned from bleacher maker Southern Bleacher that the dark, charred-looking marks on the bleacher floors was actually caused by oxidation, not fire.

“We were surprised by this discovery, since the stains were not noticed when the bleachers were constructed,” Schiffli said.

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Yes, I did see that.  He was probably making a list of what he thought had happened, like you do after you have a car accident or some kind of damage to your home.  He did retract.  I don't see it as jumping to conclusions.  

I'm waiting on a picture of the horrible damage left to my school's bleachers last year by a visiting school. Since the GID files from last year are gone, I'm going to have to rely on Facebook 'memories' to save the picture. Unless @Maynard111 still has it stored? Those rocks were hard to sit on................

6 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

I'm waiting on a picture of the horrible damage left to my school's bleachers last year by a visiting school. Since the GID files from last year are gone, I'm going to have to rely on Facebook 'memories' to save the picture. Unless @Maynard111 still has it stored? Those rocks were hard to sit on................

I'll have to search to see if I saved those photos later tonight.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Robert said:

Yes, I did see that.  He was probably making a list of what he thought had happened, like you do after you have a car accident or some kind of damage to your home.  He did retract.  I don't see it as jumping to conclusions.  

My point was that before everyone got all up in arms, its always good to let the process play out. 

and anytime you can insert the jump to conclusion mat,  you insert said mat!!!  :classic_laugh:

• Haha 2