Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
SEAL_63

Big 8 - Week 4

Recommended Posts

Friday, Sep. 13
Jasper at Heritage Hills, 7 pm
Mount Carmel (Ill.) at Princeton, 7 pm
North Knox at Boonville, 6:30 pm
Vincennes at Mount Vernon ©, 7 pm
Washington at North Daviess, 6 pm

Jasper/HH - one of the hardest games to pick every year. No idea. Had Jasper not exploded against Boonville last week, this might be easier.

MC over Princeton 

Boonville over NK

Lincoln over MV - Alices defense is for real. Offense still searching for answers, but I think they find enough of it this week.

Washington over ND - The Hatchets are winless. Their smaller county rival is undefeated. Why not?

Edited by SEAL_63

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After correctly picking Jasper to win at Boonville, I'm going to be a homer and take the Patriots by five points in The Jungle. This will be the 19th game since the two teams started playing in the regular season in 2001. HH was fresh off a state championship and Jasper had one of the best running backs in the state in Brian Lewis. The game was delayed because of torrential rains. God only knows the conversations that took place between coaches, ADs, and officials. All I know as a sophomore on that team was we dressed, undressed, and redressed at least three times before starting around 9 p.m. (Central time, 10 p.m. Eastern/Jasper time). We and Jasper took turns doing last minute walkthroughs and stretches in the basketball gymnasium. When all was said and done, the game ended in a HH victory and was junior Cole Seifrig's coming out party as one of the best all-around athletes in Indiana -- at RB, WR, safety, KR, PR, and special teams safety.

I think this game will see HH run until Jasper can stop it ... let's see if it takes 7, 8, or 9 in the box to do so.

 

Mount Carmel had a good showing against Mount Vernon, I'll take our friends on the other side of the Wabash, the Golden Aces by 23 ... Does anyone know if this series will continue?

Lincoln in a tight one on the road. 15-13 Alices with one or two big plays or mistakes being the difference.

North Daviess ... I know nothing about this one, but it's always nice to stick it to Washington in any sport even though they probably have the best selection of restaurants in any SW Indiana town... Elnora watcha got?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

After correctly picking Jasper to win at Boonville, I'm going to be a homer and take the Patriots by five points in The Jungle. This will be the 19th game since the two teams started playing in the regular season in 2001. HH was fresh off a state championship and Jasper had one of the best running backs in the state in Brian Lewis. The game was delayed because of torrential rains. God only knows the conversations that took place between coaches, ADs, and officials. All I know as a sophomore on that team was we dressed, undressed, and redressed at least three times before starting around 9 p.m. (Central time, 10 p.m. Eastern/Jasper time). We and Jasper took turns doing last minute walkthroughs and stretches in the basketball gymnasium. When all was said and done, the game ended in a HH victory and was junior Cole Seifrig's coming out party as one of the best all-around athletes in Indiana -- at RB, WR, safety, KR, PR, and special teams safety.

I think this game will see HH run until Jasper can stop it ... let's see if it takes 7, 8, or 9 in the box to do so.

 

Mount Carmel had a good showing against Mount Vernon, I'll take our friends on the other side of the Wabash, the Golden Aces by 23 ... Does anyone know if this series will continue?

Lincoln in a tight one on the road. 15-13 Alices with one or two big plays or mistakes being the difference.

North Daviess ... I know nothing about this one, but it's always nice to stick it to Washington in any sport even though they probably have the best selection of restaurants in any SW Indiana town... Elnora watcha got?

 

 

 

What about Booneville and North Knox????

And if memory serves me correct, that 2001 rain delayed game HH won 14-7 and Coach Clayton never ran a single play outside of the Tackles all night.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

What about Booneville and North Knox????

And if memory serves me correct, that 2001 rain delayed game HH won 14-7 and Coach Clayton never ran a single play outside of the Tackles all night.  

Everything old is new again. Jasper went on to win 10 straight and the Class 3A champion (Chatard) was every bit as good as the 4A. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going to go with:

North Daviess 35 - 21 over Washington at home. This is just a shot in the dark. 

Vincennes  48 - 7 over Mt. Vernon .... I think Vincennes will final puts some offense together this week.

Booville over North Knox 42 - 7 North Knox with a late score to avoid the shout out. 

Mount Carmel over Princeton 30 - 14. 

In the hardest game to pick this week in the Big 8 this week I'm going to take the Jasper wildcats 24 - 22 in a cloes one. I could also see HH winning this by 3 scores. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2019 at 10:04 AM, hhpatriot04 said:

After correctly picking Jasper to win at Boonville, I'm going to be a homer and take the Patriots by five points in The Jungle. This will be the 19th game since the two teams started playing in the regular season in 2001. HH was fresh off a state championship and Jasper had one of the best running backs in the state in Brian Lewis. The game was delayed because of torrential rains. God only knows the conversations that took place between coaches, ADs, and officials. All I know as a sophomore on that team was we dressed, undressed, and redressed at least three times before starting around 9 p.m. (Central time, 10 p.m. Eastern/Jasper time). We and Jasper took turns doing last minute walkthroughs and stretches in the basketball gymnasium. When all was said and done, the game ended in a HH victory and was junior Cole Seifrig's coming out party as one of the best all-around athletes in Indiana -- at RB, WR, safety, KR, PR, and special teams safety.

I think this game will see HH run until Jasper can stop it ... let's see if it takes 7, 8, or 9 in the box to do so.

 

Mount Carmel had a good showing against Mount Vernon, I'll take our friends on the other side of the Wabash, the Golden Aces by 23 ... Does anyone know if this series will continue?

Lincoln in a tight one on the road. 15-13 Alices with one or two big plays or mistakes being the difference.

North Daviess ... I know nothing about this one, but it's always nice to stick it to Washington in any sport even though they probably have the best selection of restaurants in any SW Indiana town... Elnora watcha got?

 

 

 

What makes you think this Vincennes game and Mt. Vernon game will be so close. I have seen Vincennes in their first game but I haven't seen Mt. Vernon. Is MV any better than they were last year? Traditionally VIncennes takes care for MV pretty good. So from your prediction I feel that this MV team must be better than they have been in previous years. Coach Brunson is a good coach and I am sure he will get them going in the right direction. I just don't see it happening right now. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't think 

2 hours ago, SWFootballfan said:

What makes you think this Vincennes game and Mt. Vernon game will be so close. I have seen Vincennes in their first game but I haven't seen Mt. Vernon. Is MV any better than they were last year? Traditionally VIncennes takes care for MV pretty good. So from your prediction I feel that this MV team must be better than they have been in previous years. Coach Brunson is a good coach and I am sure he will get them going in the right direction. I just don't see it happening right now. 

I don't think there will be much offense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah it seems as if Vincennes is struggling to find some offense this year. Their Defense looked really good against Boose in the game I was at week one. How did MV look against HH?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SWFootballfan said:

Yeah it seems as if Vincennes is struggling to find some offense this year. Their Defense looked really good against Boose in the game I was at week one. How did MV look against HH?

Well they didn't score.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Well they didn't score.

Not really giving me anything about MV there. I mean everyone expect the HH defense to be very good this year. 

NorthKnox94 going with the Warriors. They beat Eastern Green (1A) and Tecumseh (1A) by a combined 109 to 0. This will be a little bit of a change in competetion for them. I dont see them coming close in this one. Phillips and Mockobee are going to be by far the best athletes on the field in this game. Also did the county rivalry have anthing to do with you pick MV over Vincennes. Haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outside of this play Mount Vernon didn't do much against Heritage Hills but they did score 56 against North Posey and 24 against Mount Carmel.

https://twitter.com/CamBehindTheCam/status/1165712459015053312?s=20

 

 

 

 

Against HH Snoddgrass completed 12 of 27 passes for 129 yards and threw 3 interceptions.

They struggled even more on the ground finishing with minus 4 yards rushing.

The 55 yard pass was at end of the 1st half before the HH reserves came in but the Patriots had a defensive stand after giving up the long play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HH - in a close one.  May have to drive to Lincoln City for this one!

MC - Cause Princeton might not win again

Boonville - bounce back from a whoopin’

MV...hope Vincennes’ freshmen coaches are on the sidelines...sweet couple of fellas!

North Daviess - and Washington stays winless.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HH wins the takeaway battle and the game.

MC wins with discipline and execution 

Boonville got beat physically, have they rebounded mentally. Boonville wins, but closer game than should be.

Vincennes has to be able to run the ball to win?? I say they will.

Washington needs everybody to play, if they are still beat up, then ND.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/12/2019 at 1:12 PM, SWFootballfan said:

Not really giving me anything about MV there. I mean everyone expect the HH defense to be very good this year. 

NorthKnox94 going with the Warriors. They beat Eastern Green (1A) and Tecumseh (1A) by a combined 109 to 0. This will be a little bit of a change in competetion for them. I dont see them coming close in this one. Phillips and Mockobee are going to be by far the best athletes on the field in this game. Also did the county rivalry have anthing to do with you pick MV over Vincennes. Haha

troy Noland is by far the best athlete on the field...but, those two kids are good also...I really dont pay attention to vincennes...just heard their offense is not good.

 

Edited by NorthKnox94

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, NorthKnox94 said:

troy Noland is by far the best athlete on the field...but, those two kids are good also...I really dont pay attention to vincennes...just heard their offense is not good.

 

Sure.... The good thing about this is we will see how this shakes out in a few hours. Still going 42 - 7 Boonville.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It took 4 weeks for the truth to come out....

Boonville and Lincoln were way overrated.

Is Mt.Vernon the 2nd best team in the Big 8? 

 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SWFootballfan said:

Sure.... The good thing about this is we will see how this shakes out in a few hours. Still going 42 - 7 Boonville.

It should have been 40-20...but, late long defensive td got called back...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NorthKnox94 said:

troy Noland is by far the best athlete on the field...but, those two kids are good also...I really dont pay attention to vincennes...just heard their offense is not good.

 

So who was the best athlete on the field???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NorthKnox94 said:

Holtman doades was tonight...he had four rushing tds

Congrats on the big Win! Nice to see the Warriors off to a strong start. Also good to see ND come out on top! Hopefully the Miners & Warriors can knock off a couple Big 8 teams next week as well.

If North Knox beats Lincoln and Lincoln beats Jasper...is North Knox the 2019 Big 8 champs?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...