Head Coach Openings 2024 ×

Soft Penn Program Could Be Looking West For Relief

Guest DT

51 minutes ago, johnny U said:

I does seem ironic that Nagy left Marian the Monday after Powlus was injured on the previous Friday.

and he went to Marian to play QB and got beat out this year by a more athletic QB

and did he not go to Marian because of the Lynch kid when he played FB

21 hours ago, DT said:

Nobody said it was a horrible program.   "Soft" implies that the program is not as tough and rugged as it has been in the past.  You've seen enough Penn - Ben Davis games to understand 

The 57-11 record is impressive, but when measured against the out manned NIC competition, where Penn is 2 , 3 and even 4 times the size of it competitors , the record becomes more suspect.   Didn't Penn go nearly a decade without losing a conference game?

And Penn's big blowout losses at LOS have tarnished their Golden image.   

Used to be a great program

Now just a very good one

It was just 2015  at LOS when Penn gave what many to believe was the best Center Grove team of all time a very good game . It was 21-16 in the fourth quarter before CG scored again . It was a very competitive game and probably the closest game CG had all year . 

Edited by GOLDRUSH1985

4 hours ago, Temptation said:

Their 51 wins are padded by the fact that they have little in-state competition on a regular basis in northern Indiana.  It's really not their fault.

2-2 versus Carmel is impressive, but what happened the following week?  (Outscored 91-30).

People hate the truth, but Penn is no longer the power it once was in the 90s and would be a middle of the road/.500 team annually if they were in central Indiana.

Ya we hear this every year , nothing like beating a dead horse . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

It was just 2015  at LOS when Penn gave what many to believe was the best Center Grove team of all time a very good game . It was 21-16 in the fourth quarter before CG scored again . It was a very competitive game and probably the closest game CG had all year . 

I’m not sure if it was the best center groove team of all time or not but

week 1 they beat WC by 4

week 3 they beat Carmel by 3

Beat LC 17-7

beat Catherdral 7-0

Beat Avon in double ot 

6 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Ya we hear this every year , nothing like beating a dead horse . 

Class 6A (32 Schools)
Sectional 1. (4): Crown Point, Lake Central, Merrillville, Lafayette Jefferson
Sectional 2. (4): Chesterton, Penn, Portage, Warsaw

Penn's Sectional adn Regional - not sure any of these teams measure up with their competition right now

9 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Not only was it CG's only unbeaten team , there were a lot of fans saying that was the best CG team. Just saying . 

Penn claiming moral victories in a double digit loss confirms my point that it is no longer the power it was.  Sad times.  

(And I too am not convinced that was CG's best team of all-time.  They should have lost the week prior to AVON'S best team of all-time.)

Let's make this fun.  What happens first?

A:  Penn wins another state championship.

B:  A second-tier MIC (Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, North Central, Pike) team wins a state championship.

I'm going with B.

15 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Penn claiming moral victories in a double digit loss confirms my point that it is no longer the power it was.  Sad times.  

(And I too am not convinced that was CG's best team of all-time.  They should have lost the week prior to AVON'S best team of all-time.)

B:  A second-tier MIC (Lawrence Central, Lawrence North, North Central, Pike) team wins a state championship.

I'm going with B.

Well technically isn't it factually already B, since Lawrence Central has already won a state title since PENN last won one?

2 hours ago, Temptation said:

I'm going with B.

Again beating a dead horse. No moral victories here. People every year say Penn would be a .500 team every year in Central Indiana. In 2015 they beat Carmel in the Semisate then gave CG a good game at LOS. So I would guess they would of been top 3 of the Mic that year. They beat A top tier MIC team last year. Penn is extremely down this year, so yes they would be in the bottom of the Mic this year. Look at CG this year 0-3 and BD 1-2 . Are they washed up too?  I wonder why people not affiliated with Penn always feel the need to start threads like this. Penn will be fine . 

9 minutes ago, GOLDRUSH1985 said:

Again beating a dead horse. No moral victories here. People every year say Penn would be a .500 team every year in Central Indiana. In 2015 they beat Carmel in the Semisate then gave CG a good game at LOS. So I would guess they would of been top 3 of the Mic that year. They beat A top tier MIC team last year. Penn is extremely down this year, so yes they would be in the bottom of the Mic this year. Look at CG this year 0-3 and BD 1-2 . Are they washed up too?  I wonder why people not affiliated with Penn always feel the need to start threads like this. Penn will be fine . 

It's because of the relatively weak competition

3 hours ago, DannEllenwood said:

Well technically isn't it factually already B, since Lawrence Central has already won a state title since PENN last won one?

That was prior to LC joining the MIC.