Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Cathedral VS Chatard @Arlington

2 hours ago, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

I will say Lysander is deafeningly quiet this week no matter what duplicate thread it might be on. 

Heh.....I don’t usually have much of anything to say either before or after this game.  God knows, I never try to predict it.  

That said, I agree with your comments elsewhere about Cheek.  He seems to have slotted in very nicely after Nondorf.  My sense is that the skilled positions are even more experienced than last season (excepting Cheek....but, as stated above and by you elsewhere, I feel like it’s almost a “reload”).  Again, my sense is that the Defense is equivalent (maybe better) than last year.  

Still, not having played Lawrence Central this year (NorthWood is a worthy opponent...but they aren’t Lawrence Central) and playing what appears to be a very down Roncalli, I still find it hard to compare teams.  Brebeuf is typical Brebeuf - not ready for prime time the first game or so (although it really felt like they quit before the half this year - which isn’t typical).  This is a good Chatard team of that I have little doubt.  How good remains to be seen.

I simply haven’t seen Cathedral this year (and don’t know the kids coming out of CYO like I used to), I don’t have any sense of the team other than the results so far of their schedule and some of the catfighting comments I’ve seen here.  They beat Noblesville by about the same as Carmel.  Beating Moeller is huge....I don’t care if Moeller is up, down or sideways it’s still huge.  Playing Elder at The Pit to a stand-off is a big deal.  Obviously, there has been much written here about how good they are and how they are a top 4-5 team in the state overall.  I’ll defer.

I do hope it’s a helluva competitive game with no serious injuries that Chatard finds itself somehow winning in the end.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 3

Got the run down this morning that the field is in excellent condition.  Cathedral's grounds team, Turfdogs, has done a hell of a job on it.  Being grass with no games or practices on it this season, the field is in awesome condition is the report I got from a pretty informed source.  I was told the field is firm and even if it thunderstorms between now and then it will remain in great shape.  Looking forward to a great game between these two storied programs.  I will see you all tomorrow at the tailgate!  Go Irish!

• Thanks 1

On 9/12/2019 at 11:51 AM, IndianaWrestlingGuy1 said:

It certainly won't be like Cincy Elder's Pit, but I am excited to shake the dust off the place. Throw it all the way back to the early 2000s! Go Irish! 

Arlington 2019.jpeg

That doesn't look too bad.  It looks better than the last time the Irish played there, that's for sure.

• Like 1