Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Warren Central @ Ben Davis (95th Circle City Showdown)

Its rivalry week in the Circle City of Indianapolis. You know what that means? Here come the defending State Champion Warren Central Warriors into Ben Davis Giants territory!!! This is the 95th edition of the longest standing rivalry between the two teams. Warren Central leads the overall series 57-34-3. Both teams are going in different directions. The Giants got embarrassed by the Center Grove Trojans 48-20. The Warriors spoiled Lawrence Central's homecoming night 40-21. What are your predictions? I think the Giants will put up a good fight with the Warriors. Warren Central will win this rivalry game 42-17. Let's hear it.

Go Warriors!!! 2018 6A State Champions

Edited by Warren Central Warrior

11 hours ago, DT said:

Tom Allen might have been wishing he was back at BD after the whipping his Hoosiers took from Ohio State today.  UGH!!   That was ugly.  

Well maybe he should wait until next week. He was 0-5 vs Warren as the coach at BD, including 42-7 and 76-7 losses in his final season. 😳

On second thought, bring him back now. 😬

19 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Its rivalry week in the Circle City of Indianapolis. You know what that means? Here come the defending State Champion Warren Central Warriors into Ben Davis Giants territory!!! This is the 95th edition of the longest standing rivalry between the two teams. Warren Central leads the overall series 57-34-3. Both teams are going in different directions. The Giants got embarrassed by the Center Grove Trojans 48-20. The Warriors spoiled Lawrence Central's homecoming night 40-21. What are your predictions? I think the Giants will put up a good fight with the Warriors. Warren Central will win this rivalry game 42-17. Let's hear it.

Go Warriors!!! 2018 6A State Champions

“Put up a good fight” yet lose by 25?

At what point do we start talking about Southport’s potential to steal the sectional from BD?

9 hours ago, Temptation said:

“Put up a good fight” yet lose by 25?

At what point do we start talking about Southport’s potential to steal the sectional from BD?

I think we are probably there. I have no clue what's going on there right now but surely the talent level isn't that low to have lost 10 of their last 14 games. 

8 hours ago, Staxawax said:

BD will win Sectional 6.

I'm not sure I disagree with you but I can tell you that I am not as confident as you seem to be.  What's your basis out of curiosity?  

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

I'm not sure I disagree with you but I can tell you that I am not as confident as you seem to be.  What's your basis out of curiosity?  

BD's strength of schedule.  Southport will be severely tested this week against Chatard.  If the Cardinals give the Trojans a game I might be swayed.

• Like 1

I can't identify exactly what's going on with BD right now other than they've been pretty inconsistent. I don't have a good feeling about Friday night, but, if there's ever a time to put your foot in the turf and say no more...it would be Friday. I'll still be in and with the purple win or lose.

Edited by BDGiant93

1 hour ago, BDGiant93 said:

I can't identify exactly what's going on with BD right now other than they've been pretty inconsistent. I don't have a good feeling about Friday night, but, if there's ever a time to put your foot in the turf and say no more...it would be Friday. I'll still be in and with the purple win or lose.

Absolutely. Better days are ahead for BD, for sure. 

Ben Davis played a good game. That's for sure. Warren didn't play well and I heard weren't great in practice this week. So BD took advantage of that. 

That's all I'm going to say about that. If I say how I really feel, I'll be kicked into oblivion on here. If you think it's okay to decide a game on something EVERY team does, than that's on you. 

Edited by WarrenGrad12
  • Like 1

Wild game!

BD led 7-0 at the half, but couldn’t hold onto the ball. A fumble in the 3rd led to a return by the Warren D, then another Warren FG made it 10-7. Giants marched 80 yards in the 4th to take a 14-10 lead and had the game in their hands before another fumble leading to a WC TD. BD got it back though and marched 82 yards in 4:00 minutes. With a chance to tie, BD missed a FG at the end but Warren has too many men on the field leading to a 2nd chance and a BD FG to send us to OT at 17 each.

After trading TD’s in OT, Warren threw an INT on the first possession of double OT setting up BD for the game winning FG.

Giants win 27-24

Nice win for the Giants. A little bit more indicative of what this team COULD be than what it has been so far. Hoping this win can spark the Giants to see their potential.

I was surprised the Giants got the call at the end of regulation. That's rarely called, but, by letter of the law, the field goal try must play all the way out. Warren came on the field early and was penalized. BD took advantage of the second chance and then made a huge play in the double OT to get the ball back without a WC score to give them the chance to win.

It was a fun game either way. I'm sure a healthy number of Warren fans will blame the refs, but that team did not look good tonight. Alot of that was the BD defense, who played very well, but this Warren team did not look like the Warren I expected. Gotta get off the field on a 4th & 19...which BD converted...well before the penalty at the end of regulation. 

Edited by BDGiant93

9 hours ago, WarrenGrad12 said:

Ben Davis played a good game. That's for sure. Warren didn't play well and I heard weren't great in practice this week. So BD took advantage of that. 

That's all I'm going to say about that. If I say how I really feel, I'll be kicked into oblivion on here. If you think it's okay to decide a game on something EVERY team does, than that's on you. 

I need help here...was the clock at :00 when the Warren players rushed the field or was there time left after the kick missed?

6 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Nice win for the Giants. A little bit more indicative of what this team COULD be than what it has been so far. Hoping this win can spark the Giants to see their potential.

I was surprised the Giants got the call at the end of regulation. That's rarely called, but, by letter of the law, the field goal try must play all the way out. Warren came on the field early and was penalized. BD took advantage of the second chance and then made a huge play in the double OT to get the ball back without a WC score to give them the chance to win.

It was a fun game either way. I'm sure a healthy number of Warren fans will blame the refs, but that team did not look good tonight. Alot of that was the BD defense, who played very well, but this Warren team did not look like the Warren I expected. Gotta get off the field on a 4th & 19...which BD converted...well before the penalty at the end of regulation. 

Huge season changer for BD...hopefully they can avoid a letdown in the coming weeks.

Really feel good for the kicker.  Great kid who has been through a lot.

27 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I need help here...was the clock at :00 when the Warren players rushed the field or was there time left after the kick missed?

Technically the play wasn't blown dead yet.  Which I'm sure will have many WC fans bent and blaming the officials.   However,  if you don't give up a first down on essentially a hail mary on 4th and 19 WC survives a bad night and it never gets to the mess at the end.

18 minutes ago, dmizers3 said:

Technically the play wasn't blown dead yet.  Which I'm sure will have many WC fans bent and blaming the officials.   However,  if you don't give up a first down on essentially a hail mary on 4th and 19 WC survives a bad night and it never gets to the mess at the end.

True.  Easy to blame ONE play but a series of events decide a contest.

10 hours ago, WarrenGrad12 said:

10 hours ago, HoosierFB_JG said:

With a chance to tie, BD missed a FG at the end but Warren has too many men on the field leading to a 2nd chance and a BD FG to send us to OT at 17 each.

7 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Can someone please explain what happened at the end of regulation? Got bits and pieces of it, but it sounds like there was some controversy.

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Can someone please explain what happened at the end of regulation? Got bits and pieces of it, but it sounds like there was some controversy.

Basically WC partially blocked a game tying FG attempt and before the play was blown dead a bunch of WC players ran onto the field and got flagged for it. BD then kicked the tying FG and BD went on to win in 2OT.