Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

EIAC Week 5

40 minutes ago, Coffin K9 said:

Haha...what would a Trojan know about offense or personnel? Every team in our conference runs a modernized offense, except for one (two if you count when KFI randomly runs DW). I suppose Casketnation should run the ole DW or Power I with 180 pound linemen? That offense has beat every team in the EIAC since Coach Hep, except for the mighty red and black.

There seems to be a lot of delusions over there in St Leon, but I guess that's nothing new. You're "we're gonna line up and steam roll them with our much bigger guys" attitude usually cuts the season short when facing opponents similar in size. But keep getting those big EIAC Titles and thinking everyone hates you cuz they ain't you. 👍

Eleven guys in the box forever, 21st Century never!!!

180 lbs lineman is a stretch according to your roster that sir is fake news.  200, 205, 215, 260, 200, 195 across the board. Sounds like a weight room problem to me? Widolffs Forever, Randy’s Roadhouse Never!!!!

23 minutes ago, SoutheastBEAST said:

So you just going sit there and pretend that 2 out the past 4 seasons Trojans didn't make it to Lucas Oil???  And win state in '17 using that very style of play? 

I said, and you highlighted, "usually"! Yes, EC went to the Can twice and won once and that is an accomplishment for anyone. A big part of that was because the Coffee Kid could air it out, and beat you with his feet. But I could argue that the Trojans would still be holding onto 1994 had it not been for rule changes taking CE out of their class. As STC has pointed out, stone age football (no pun intended) has hurt the mighty red and black in the state tournament more often than it has helped them.

I don't care what anyone chooses to run, it was Trojan Place who called out the Dawg's style of offense. Every team in the conference, minus one, is running some version of spread and for the exact same reasons he mentioned...personnel. If you have size and depth you can put student body in the box and run it down the the throats of lesser teams. If you don't, it makes sense to spread the field and put your athletes in space. But for some reason, he doesn't think it fits the personnel in Casketnation. Are there a bunch of big bruisers standing on the Dawg's sideline that I can't see from the stands? 

This isn't a knock, and it is not an excuse for the times EC has beat the Dawgs, it's simply proof that many of the guys in Trojanville are delusional to what most teams in the EIAC face. Many of them get it, but a few never will. 

Just now, 1 Trojan Place said:

180 lbs lineman is a stretch according to your roster that sir is fake news.  200, 205, 215, 260, 200, 195 across the board. Sounds like a weight room problem to me? Widolffs Forever, Randy’s Roadhouse Never!!!!

Another Trojan delusion. 

1. Rosters aren't always accurate, and rosters certainly don't indicate if the guy is a player or not. 

2. Are all of those guys healthy? Unlike the mighty red and black, most EIAC teams are not 2-3 deep at every position with a separate offensive and defensive crew. 

Again, not a dig but so many guys at EC are clueless to anything outside of St Leon. EC has a good football program, they should be proud of that, but act like what you are. Shouting that you are a "powerhouse" to the EIAC really doesn't mean anything. 

15 minutes ago, 1 Trojan Place said:

I'm not even sure where you got this roster. The guys that are playing don't look that big to me, but then again, I'm usually half lit! The only guy on the entire sideline who looks 260 is the Offensive Line coach!! Haha

Coffin you sir are a good, almost a legend! KFI knows a legend when he sees or hears one. Watched good ol' rocking Rod for years out at EC and now get the pleasure every Friday night to hear him from the press box. Speaking of one in the making when are people on here going to give Coach Rand the love he deserves? KFI was so excited Coach Rand didn't go after that EC job when it opened up. Coach Rand would have taken EC's double wing to a new level. It is no secret, EC wanted to meet with Coach Rand about the double wing. Rumor is they had a meeting before the State game on how EC could attack using the double wing? Not judging, Coach Rand loves it and knows it. 

K9, I completely agree with you on running an offense that fits your personnel. EC runs a power offense it fits them well they are big up front and don’t have many guys if any out wide that can flat out run. Going back to what I said before Coach Hep’s spinner was unique it was something no one else around ran so teams had to prepare for it. It confused a lot of defenses with the misdirection. As far as getting your athletes in space you must be more than half lit because I haven’t seen many athletes out wide or in the backfield for the Bulldogs. 

9 minutes ago, 1 Trojan Place said:

K9, I completely agree with you on running an offense that fits your personnel. EC runs a power offense it fits them well they are big up front and don’t have many guys if any out wide that can flat out run. Going back to what I said before Coach Hep’s spinner was unique it was something no one else around ran so teams had to prepare for it. It confused a lot of defenses with the misdirection. As far as getting your athletes in space you must be more than half lit because I haven’t seen many athletes out wide or in the backfield for the Bulldogs. 

Most of the athletes are just pups, but they'll grow up. I wouldn't change the entire offense based on one year, that would be foolish. Coach Hep didn't run a lot of spinner, or at least it wasn't the heart of the playbook like BC. Most of his career was Wing T with some Single Wing and a little Spread mixed in. I'm not gonna knock Coach Hep, it's a good offense and he had a lot of success with it. Many Wing T teams have evolved into Spread teams as it is just more versatile. Wing T/SW can be deceptive, but times change and things evolve. 

Casketville has had success with the spread in my opinion. There were some bumps in the beginning, but they have gotten better every year. This year they are just young, you will have that. Here's a little history for ya...that offense put up almost 400 yards on last year's Trojans! They struggled to finish a few drives and the defense couldn't stop those big boys up front, but offensive scheme wasn't the problem. 

2 hours ago, Magic 8 Ball said:

Batesville is coming off a huge victory and will be riding high and bring lots of emotion.  EC is coming off of a game where there was probably more emotion during the week of practice than was in the actual game.  How focused EC can come in will determine how many they put on the board.  The defense will play as they have the past few weeks.  Time for the offense to get in a rhythm and produce.

This is an absolute joke where beating Rushville is considered a huge victory. 

Maybe this is the problem coming out of Batesville if this is the thought process. Spin it back a few years and we were spending a decent amount of practice time in Milan/SD weeks prepping for East Central.

If you're not beating Milan and you're not beating South Dearborn --- you're not beating EC.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Coffin K9 said:

Casketville has had success with the spread in my opinion. There were some bumps in the beginning, but they have gotten better every year.

Success? By the end of year four running the Spread Batesville will have won 0 Sectionals and 1 Small School Conference Championship. I guess we have different interpretations of success.

21 minutes ago, Coffin K9 said:

Here's a little history for ya...that offense put up almost 400 yards on last year's Trojans! They struggled to finish a few drives and the defense couldn't stop those big boys up front, but offensive scheme wasn't the problem. 

The other part of that story is Batesville ended up scoring 9 points. If you score less than 10 points in modern football with your modern offense I wouldn't say it's all scheme, but scheme probably has a little to do with it.

8 minutes ago, dawgieinthepound said:

Maybe this is the problem coming out of Batesville if this is the thought process. Spin it back a few years and we were spending a decent amount of practice time in Milan/SD weeks prepping for East Central.

If you're not beating Milan and you're not beating South Dearborn --- you're not beating EC.

Well played sir, well played.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dawgieinthepound said:

Dawgie,

The Bulldogs fought tooth and nail for that victory.  They never gave up and in the end it paid off.  Let’s not minimize a win when they are so hard to come by.

8 minutes ago, Fortune Teller said:

Success? By the end of year four running the Spread Batesville will have won 0 Sectionals and 1 Small School Conference Championship. I guess we have different interpretations of success.

The other part of that story is Batesville ended up scoring 9 points. If you score less than 10 points in modern football with your modern offense I wouldn't say it's all scheme, but scheme probably has a little to do with it.

Well played sir, well played.

Oh now Fortune Teller, everyone knows you're just a disgruntled Bulldog. Maybe I should have said progress rather than success. I'm pretty sure most new coaches with a new system take their lumps. 

NO ONE in Casketnation said beating Stewytown was a huge victory. 

17 hours ago, Coffin K9 said:

Here's a little history for ya...that offense put up almost 400 yards on last year's Trojans! They struggled to finish a few drives and the defense couldn't stop those big boys up front, but offensive scheme wasn't the problem. 

13 hours ago, Coffin K9 said:

Haha...I wasn't trying to imply that the Dawgs were in the game. But the offense did move the ball. 

You happy just moving the ball or scoring points?  Move the ball all you want in space on your end of the field, but can you get the ball across the line in the red-zone or at the goal-line? You can have all the yards you want but if you're not scoring points you're not winning games!  

What about being able to control clock & tempo to your advantage. Especially against teams that are bigger and deeper than you. Why not limit possessions and try shortening the game so cave-man offenses don't end up scoring 51 pts. and 55 pts. the last two seasons against the dawgs!!!

What about overall team mentality/toughness that spills over from an offensive philosophy?? Your dawgs have been as soft as puppy poo (pun intended) the last few seasons.  I don't recall the Dawgs playing that way under Heppner..even when they were young, short on talent, lacked size.  

• Thanks 1

Do you guys read through all of the comments, or just pick the last one and run with it? Obviously winning the game is always the goal, I was simply responding to a comment about the offense not fitting the personnel. I do agree that controlling the clock and tempo would make sense. I don't think the Dawgs were soft at all last year, and if you think Coach Hep never had a weak team you're crazy. 

Week 5:

Sparty at Stewy:....blaaaah...uh the winner will be something-ville  20-13

FC Chickentown at Meador Manor: Not sure why some think this game will be close.  Tigre - 40 :  Roosters - 15

Boom Boys at Hooks House: Looking for a shoot-out? this may be it.  KFI - 48 : Hook - 42

Dawgs (and haters) at Bad Boyz Stadium: Pleeeease....chalk it up to another clock run-out.   Bad Boyz - 38 : Flea Bags - 6