Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 5 in the NIC

Hard to believe in 5 weeks half the teams in the state will be done with football.

Friday, Sep. 20
Central at St. Joseph ©, 7 pm
Glenn at Knox, 7:30 pm
Marian at Jimtown ©, 7 pm
New Prairie at Mishawaka ©, 7:30 pm
Adams at Penn ©, 7 pm
Clay at Bremen ©, 7 pm
Riley at Washington ©, 7 pm
©conference game

Central over Saint Joseph- it will be interesting when Central plays Mishawaka and Penn.

Knox over Glenn- Knox recently has had great regular season success.

Marian over Jimtown- Marian in the drivers seat to win the NIC south.

New Prairie over Mishawaka -  I'd had hate to see what NP would have done in the NSC with this team.

Penn over Adams-  should we start a thread for who the next Adams coach will be?

Bremen over Clay- Bremen is no Hammond

Riley over Washington-should be close between two 3-1 teams.

Alright Indian. How did I miss the new thread!!!

Central takes this one easy

Glenn over Knox...who has Knox played Winamac/North Judson and Rochester...Lets keep it in the NIC...

Marian focuses on Jimtowns one dimensional offense and takes it 49-7

NP over Mishawaka NP by 3 scores

Penn over Adams. Adams has no D and Penn has no Offense. 

CLAY keeps this one tight. Who am I Kidding. Bremen 28 Clay 7

Riley over Washington. Washingtons pass defense is sketchy and full of holes. Washington finally faces a team with a decent defensive line and line backer core. Look for the cats not to be caught napping on another 70 plus yard screen play.  

Let the banter begin.....

Central Wins

Id like to see Glenn pull this out.... Glenn is the biggest school on Knox schedule.

Marian starts slow offensively but rolls in the end

NP over Mishawaka 

Adams is 0-7 going into Washington that makes Penn the winner.

I like Bremen over Clay. 

Riley is strong up front, Edison and the boys win over Washington and they also when the Chick-Fil-A challenge currently going on. 

*I’ll wait for the Adams thread!!! 

Central Wins

Id like to see Glenn pull this out.... Glenn is the biggest school on Knox schedule.

Marian starts slow offensively but rolls in the end

NP over Mishawaka 

Adams is 0-7 going into Washington that makes Penn the winner.

I like Bremen over Clay. 

Riley is strong up front, Edison and the boys win over Washington and they also when the Chick-Fil-A challenge currently going on. 

*I’ll wait for the Adams thread!!! 

19 hours ago, Indian72 said:

Friday, Sep. 20
Adams at Penn ©, 7 pm
Clay at Bremen ©, 7 pm
©conference game

Central wins pretty easily.  Brownlee will have a big night. 42-7

Ill take Knox over Glenn 35-14

NIC south title game - Marian over Glenn 21-7

I’m a homer so gotta take NP over Mishawaka.  Tight game for sure.  Coach Kinder will try to chew up the clock and play keep away from the NP offense.  Turnovers decided this game last year. 35-21

Penn ready for NIC schedule and handles Adams 42-14

Bremen over Clay 32-7

Riley over Washington 28-13

20 hours ago, Indian72 said:

Hard to believe in 5 weeks half the teams in the state will be done with football.

Friday, Sep. 20
Adams at Penn ©, 7 pm
Clay at Bremen ©, 7 pm
©conference game

Got a weird feeling St. Joe pulls something off 21-20 SJ

Glenn 20 Knox 13

Marian 49 Jimtown 21

New Prairie 34 Mishawaka 28

Penn 42 Adams 12

Bremen 28 Clay 7

Riley 27 Washington 13

• Like 1
  • Disdain 1

1 hour ago, NPFan said:

Central wins pretty easily.  Brownlee will have a big night. 42-7

Ill take Knox over Glenn 35-14

NIC south title game - Marian over Glenn 21-7

I’m a homer so gotta take NP over Mishawaka.  Tight game for sure.  Coach Kinder will try to chew up the clock and play keep away from the NP offense.  Turnovers decided this game last year. 35-21

Penn ready for NIC schedule and handles Adams 42-14

Bremen over Clay 32-7

Riley over Washington 28-13

Did Brownlee play last week?  The stats in the paper looked like another running back had a big game

7 hours ago, Indian72 said:

I was curious as to what people think - Is this New Prairie team as good or better then the one that made it to Lucas Oil?

I think the offense is better but the defense is not quite as good.  That team still played in the NSC so kind of hard to compare stats.  I guess have a better feel after this week’s game.

15 hours ago, NPFan said:

I think the offense is better but the defense is not quite as good.  That team still played in the NSC so kind of hard to compare stats.  I guess have a better feel after this week’s game.

The last half of their schedule will show if they have what it takes to make a state title run. It’s going to be a really good tune up for the playoffs.

19 hours ago, johnny U said:

Was Bob Tull the present Adams AD at Saint Joseph when Ben Downey was head coach?  If he was the chances for Ben to get the head job, if it opens, are greatly increased

Tull was not there when Downey was the coach at St Joe but Ben is a teacher there so Tull could have had inter workings with him

4 hours ago, BoomBoomMcGee said:

The last half of their schedule will show if they have what it takes to make a state title run. It’s going to be a really good tune up for the playoffs.

The thing is they are playing bigger school but 4A does not look as tough as the teams they will play.

21 hours ago, Observer said:

I wish Ben Downey would apply.

His sons are getting older so who knows if he wants to take time away from them.  Some people think that would be the only job he would apply for if he wanted to get back into it but who really knows.

I feel, and I know Indian 72 will disagree, that Adams is a sleeping giant with the right person running the program.  With the two most successful middle school program(LaSalle and Jefferson) coming to Adams they should be better than they are doing.  All sports at Adams should be able to compete at a level where they can compete for conference and sectional titles.   This is especially true in the country club sports.

On 9/17/2019 at 1:34 PM, johnny U said:

I feel, and I know Indian 72 will disagree, that Adams is a sleeping giant with the right person running the program.  With the two most successful middle school program(LaSalle and Jefferson) coming to Adams they should be better than they are doing.  All sports at Adams should be able to compete at a level where they can compete for conference and sectional titles.   This is especially true in the country club sports.

I do not disagree at all.  Adams is the best high school in town based on what people say.  They have some good and athletic kids.  It will take the right coach, system, and the kids buying into to make it happen.  They have an outsanding principal and a pretty good AD right now.  It is getting the right person to mesh with the student body.  Yet you could say that about many schools.  Look at what the right coach did at Michigan City.

On 9/16/2019 at 3:56 PM, NPFan said:

But let's look and say they win sectional, regional maybe Lowell or Hammond Morton, (just a guess) then East Noble, Marion ( another guess)  know little about the named teams but not sure many can stop them maybbe slow them down or field and weather enter into it.

Adams at Penn ©, 7 pm
Clay at Bremen ©, 7 pm

Central over St. Joe:  Not sure St. Joe will get things turned around yet.

Knox over Glenn:  Glenn is not enough for a hard-nosed Knox team.

Marian over Jimtown:  Marian has just too many weapons on the outside.

New Prairie over Mishawaka:  This game may only last an hour.

Penn over Adams:  Who coaches The Eagles next season?

Bremen over Clay:  A young Bremen team is still better than Clay.

Riley over Washington:  Wildcats in a close one.

On 9/15/2019 at 3:31 PM, Indian72 said:

Friday, Sep. 20
Central at St. Joseph ©, 7 pm Blazers by a bunch
Glenn at Knox, 7:30 pm Knox is a better program
Marian at Jimtown ©,7 pm This is turning into a really special team for Marian
New Prairie at Mishawaka ©, 7:30 pm No reason, just think NP is better
Adams at Penn ©, 7 pm Anthony Johnson is on this Adams team
Clay at Bremen ©, 7 pm Lions have to keep improving week to week.
Riley at Washington ©, 7 pm Riley wins this Cat Fight. I see it going back an forth until the 4th quarter.
©conference game

30 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Who has Knox played? No offense to the teams in the HNAC but Knox is double in size then most of those schools.  Culver? They have a bunch of Earth movers but absolutely no skill guys. Put it in the air and Culver is out matched from the opening kickoff. Winamac? They have like 20 kids in the entire program. Rochester? If #7 Played the first half of the game it would of been a completely different outcome and North Judson? Come on......Knox is benefiting from playing in an overall weak conference. Glenn has played played 3 top ranked teams in Boone Grove 4-0, Marian 4-0 and Jimtown who unfortunately had tough matchups the first few weeks.  If Glenn gets the offense rolling Glenn takes this one 28-14. I'll agree on your other predictions but Bremen/Clay will be low scoring. Clays speed sends Bremens QB scrambling all night. 

IMG_9188.PNG

14 minutes ago, TurfToe said:

Who has Knox played? No offense to the teams in the HNAC but Knox is double in size then most of those schools.  Culver? They have a bunch of Earth movers but absolutely no skill guys. Put it in the air and Culver is out matched from the opening kickoff. Winamac? They have like 20 kids in the entire program. Rochester? If #7 Played the first half of the game it would of been a completely different outcome and North Judson? Come on......Knox is benefiting from playing in an overall weak conference. Glenn has played played 3 top ranked teams in Boone Grove 4-0, Marian 4-0 and Jimtown who unfortunately had tough matchups the first few weeks.  If Glenn gets the offense rolling Glenn takes this one 28-14. I'll agree on your other predictions but Bremen/Clay will be low scoring. Clays speed sends Bremens QB scrambling all night. 

IMG_9188.PNG

I don't think those wins are anything to scoff at.  I think they have a better team, better coach, and better program.  Coach Hendryx is 35-15 at Knox. He has the numbers improving. They maybe a bit overmatched in a 3a sectional but if there enrollment was 2a, that would be sectional contenders a lot of years.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

I don't think those wins are anything to scoff at.  I think they have a better team, better coach, and better program.  Coach Hendryx is 35-15 at Knox. He has the numbers improving. They maybe a bit overmatched in a 3a sectional but if there enrollment was 2a, that would be sectional contenders a lot of years.

You also thought Bremen would handle Glenn easily and Glenn who is also Sophmore dominated. Took It to Bremen.