Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Hoosiers Totally Outmanned Against OSU

Guest DT

Really ugly performance on Saturday.  The most exciting part of the game was Tom Allen's fiery pre game speech.

IU looked like it didn't belong on the same field with Ohio State.  They looked like the Buckeyes freshman team scrimmaging against the varsity.

The defense cannot tackle.  Do defenders even practice tackling anymore.  Most of these DBs , who come from Florida and Georgia, have terrible tackling technique.  Remember, Allen is a defensive mastermind.  This D looks worse than many we have seen before.

OSU is a national contender, and IU has played the Bucks tough in recent years.  Top to bottom, this was the worst Hoosier performance I've seen in a long time.  Very discouraging.  

Edited by DT

Ryan Day looks like an upgrade from Urban Meyer.  This OSU team looks flawless.  

Meyer teams would occasionally go into a funk.  This Day version is just relentless, never letting up.  The competition for playing time there must be intense.  Something IU could never replicate.  

Edited by DT

I agree on all counts. IU was able to hang with OSU teams for 3 quarters in previous years; BUT in each of those OSU really should have run them off the field like they did Saturday.  The talent level and depth in Columbus has always been superior. But realistically, all the discussion around paying players this last week or so..........has been happening for YEARS now. IU cannot match the cash of bigger programs. They just rarely played up to it. That type of play bit them big time in WL, and they paid dearly for it by being on the outside of the playoff picture. Deservedly so, I might add. 

And the coaching shuffle continues for this program. Way too much change from season to season to effectively establish a solid foundation of success that the other Big Ten programs have. You can’t blame any one person ,coaches or otherwise,  but it has decimated the program for decades. I can hear it now the drums starting to beat, regardless what Fred Glass says.