Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 5

WOW!!! It's hard to believe that we are halfway through the season!! We learned a lot about the WRC last week! Updated power rankings will be released today. Now on to the games!

Covington @ Seeger

South Vermillion @ Sullivan

Riverton Parke @ North Vermillion

Attica @ Fountain Central

Parke Heritage @ Eastern Greene

9 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Did you swim a river or become a booster?  

Yes and not yet. I swam from Lafayette to Terre Haute, but I couldn't finish the rest. I hope that's good enough.

If you tell me where to send it, you will receive my contribution in the mail. If you would like, I can send it to Rensselaer Central.

Updated WRC power rankings:

1. Parke Heritage Wolfs

After Friday night there is no disputing who the best team in the WRC is. Had the Wolfs not played so sloppy, the score would've been much worse. Rest assured though that Brian Moore will get it cleaned up. My neighbor told me that the living legend was fired up with the way the Wolfs ran the ball!

2. Attica Red Ramblers

Even though they didn't win, the River Ewes were a thorn in the side of the Wolfs all night. They proved all they needed to prove to move to second spot in the power rankings.

3. North Vermillion Falcons

It was a tough loss for the Falcons but I heard it was actually a pretty good game. It was hard to pick between Attica and North Vermillion, so I gave the Falcons the third spot because Parke Heritage is better than Linton, and Attica played a pretty good game.

4. South Vermillion Wildcats

Barrett's boys sit at 3-1 for the first time since 2017. Their improvement is undeniable. Thats-u one-u spicy meat-u-ball!!

5. Seeger Patriots

HERB FREAKIN KING!!!!!!!! If Herb had been on Game of Thrones he would've won the whole dang thing!!!

6. Covington Trojans

I've been saying all along that the Men of Troy were going to wreck some teams later in their schedule. The reckoning is coming!

7. Fountain Central Mustangs

Dale Hummer, or Brian Moore or Rick Malone would struggle with this group. It's not the kids fault or the coaches. It just is what it is. Small schools go through cycles. The Mustangs will be back!

8. Riverton Parke Panthers

I hope the shenanigans are done in Panther land. I would hate to have to keep them at the eighth spot all season long.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Covington @ Seeger

Trojans 28 Seeger14 

SV???? 

NV 72 Riverton 0 (will Woody Hayes pound Riverton for the cheap shot on county little sister?) 

Attica 42-FC 0 

Parke Heritage 60 EG 6 

ramblers vs wolves breakdown:

Wolves offense 

-Logan White was 23-27 with 2 interceptions and 225 yards. Wolves ran for 250 yards on the ground  more failed 2 pt conversions. Attica refuses to give up the deep ball, 5 man box and man coverage with corners and OLB 10-12 yards off with 2 high safeties. First drove wolves threw 7 hitched down the field over and over and then tried a deep ball into triple coverage for interception 1. Same thing happened on interception number 2, we dunk and dink all the way down the field and then want to throw a long ball in triple Coverage for another pick. Great pass protection. Run game looked a lot better as I said we rushed for close to 250 yards on the ground. We seemed to not break any tackles for big scores like we have the previous 3 games. That’s credit to the grit and strength of the ramblers.  

defensively for wolves 

-I’m not sure we gave up a single pass completion but somehow gave up 270 yards for the game on the ground. My son said kids not lined up in correct spot and not tackling. Hope this gets fixed before NV. NUMBER 4 for ramblers is a stud, he’s a one man show on the offense. 

special teams for wolves 

-longest streak of no games with a KR OR PR for a TD. new kicker Hanks had 2 kickoffs, one for a touchback and one landed on the 5 since ramblers were lined up for the onside all night. 

Officials** 

-wolves had 105 yards in penalties, ramblers had 95. 

-Moore had a sideline warning and eventually a flag 25 yards away from line of scrimmage. Ramblers coaches got a flag. Multiple flags on both teams for unsportsmanlike. Ramblers got 4 flags for 4 illegal “high-lows” or chop blocks. 

Worst officiated game I have ever seen, unsafe and out of control, and I’ve watched WRC football for a long long time. 

Rankings 

1. NV 

2. WOLVES 

3. RAMBLERS 

4. SV 

5.  TROJANS

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

1. Parke Heritage Wolfs

After Friday night there is no disputing who the best team in the WRC is. Had the Wolfs not played so sloppy, the score would've been much worse. Rest assured though that Brian Moore will get it cleaned up. My neighbor told me that the living legend was fired up with the way the Wolfs ran the ball!

2. Attica Red Ramblers

Even though they didn't win, the River Ewes were a thorn in the side of the Wolfs all night. They proved all they needed to prove to move to second spot in the power rankings.

It was a tough loss for the Falcons but I heard it was actually a pretty good game. It was hard to pick between Attica and North Vermillion, so I gave the Falcons the third spot because Parke Heritage is better than Linton, and Attica played a pretty good game.

Barrett's boys sit at 3-1 for the first time since 2017. Their improvement is undeniable. Thats-u one-u spicy meat-u-ball!!

5. Seeger Patriots

HERB FREAKIN KING!!!!!!!! If Herb had been on Game of Thrones he would've won the whole dang thing!!!

6. Covington Trojans

I've been saying all along that the Men of Troy were going to wreck some teams later in their schedule. The reckoning is coming!

Dale Hummer, or Brian Moore or Rick Malone would struggle with this group. It's not the kids fault or the coaches. It just is what it is. Small schools go through cycles. The Mustangs will be back!

I hope the shenanigans are done in Panther land. I would hate to have to keep them at the eighth spot all season long.

Not sure Seeger getting its second win from another very poor team is something to be too excited about, and I am not sure you can make the claim that PH is Better than Linton.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

1. Parke Heritage Wolfs

2. Attica Red Ramblers

5. Seeger Patriots

6. Covington Trojans

Alone wins post of the day!

56 minutes ago, DannEllenwood said:

, so I gave the Falcons the third spot because Parke Heritage is better than Linton,

My opinion but you should be tested for mental incompetence. No one with any kind of sanity would say PH is better then Linton. PH is varley better then Attica. One day you will understand you have no clue what your talking about!

• Like 3
  • Disdain 1

7 minutes ago, Mechanic24 said:

My opinion but you should be tested for mental incompetence. No one with any kind of sanity would say PH is better then Linton. PH is varley better then Attica. One day you will understand you have no clue what your talking about!

I'm sorry?  I think you misquoted me.  I did not say that.

I referenced the GOT remark.

9 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

1. Parke Heritage Wolfs

2. Attica Red Ramblers

5. Seeger Patriots

6. Covington Trojans

PH is second in my rankings.. Don’t see how you’d put them as your #1.. NV has played better competition the first 4 weeks.

“South V and Linton.”

Not OV and Covington...

PH would get ran off the field if they played linton lol. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

WOW!!! It's hard to believe that we are halfway through the season!! We learned a lot about the WRC last week! Updated power rankings will be released today. Now on to the games!

Covington @ Seeger

Seeger 26, Covington 22: Can a Patriot choke out a Trojan?

Sullivan 28, South Vermillion 20: The Golden Arrows will take down the Wild Calicos in a good game

North Vermillion 62, Riverton Parke 0: Do you think a Falcon can carry off a full grown panther?

Attica 41, Fountain Central 0: The River Ewes get back in the W column with a stomping of the Ponies

Parke Heritage 55, Eastern Greene 6: What the heck does a Thunderbird look like? Doesn't matter, the Wolfs will ground them in this game

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wrcsage said:

PH will beat SV MUCH worse than NV beat them...any takers on that?

I see this as a 50-14 type of score in favor of the Wolfs. I think the SV offense is good enough to score a couple of early touchdowns, but the Juggernaut offense of the Wolfs won't be slowed down now that SV is without their best player. I still can't believe Shew had his knee blown out because of a blatant cheap shot. 

I think the Wolfs are a better team than Linton which means Attica is also really good. Was the WRC championship decided Friday night in the game between the Wolfs and the River Ewes? That may be the case. 

13 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I see this as a 50-14 type of score in favor of the Wolfs. I think the SV offense is good enough to score a couple of early touchdowns, but the Juggernaut offense of the Wolfs won't be slowed down now that SV is without their best player. I still can't believe Shew had his knee blown out because of a blatant cheap shot. 

I think the Wolfs are a better team than Linton which means Attica is also really good. Was the WRC championship decided Friday night in the game between the Wolfs and the River Ewes? That may be the case. 

Attica rushes for 250 yards. Linton would rush for 500. 

2.5 weeks for the WRC TITLE

Edited by Oldbleacherfan
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mechanic24 said:

Sir, my mental competence is fine. It is a fact that the Parke Heritage Wolfs are better than the Linton Miners. In fact, I would venture to say that the Wolfs are the best team in the entire Wabash Valley. The Wolfs would beat the Terre Haute schools, but it would probably be a good game in both cases. I just don't see any other school around being able to match up with the stud athletes of the Wolfs or the hall of fame coaching of Brian Moore. 

Brian Moore and Chuck Norris once had a staring contest. Brian Moore won and Chuck Norris went cross-eyed for three weeks.

• Kill me now 1