Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 5

2 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I see this as a 50-14 type of score in favor of the Wolfs. I think the SV offense is good enough to score a couple of early touchdowns, but the Juggernaut offense of the Wolfs won't be slowed down now that SV is without their best player. I still can't believe Shew had his knee blown out because of a blatant cheap shot. 

I think the Wolfs are a better team than Linton which means Attica is also really good. Was the WRC championship decided Friday night in the game between the Wolfs and the River Ewes? That may be the case. 

Linton would run PH off of the field

1 hour ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Sir, my mental competence is fine. It is a fact that the Parke Heritage Wolfs are better than the Linton Miners. In fact, I would venture to say that the Wolfs are the best team in the entire Wabash Valley. The Wolfs would beat the Terre Haute schools, but it would probably be a good game in both cases. I just don't see any other school around being able to match up with the stud athletes of the Wolfs or the hall of fame coaching of Brian Moore. 

Brian Moore and Chuck Norris once had a staring contest. Brian Moore won and Chuck Norris went cross-eyed for three weeks.

I think history says otherwise... does anyone know Brian Moore vs Brian Crabtree coaching record against each other?

On 9/16/2019 at 9:09 AM, Tanka Jahari said:

WOW!!! It's hard to believe that we are halfway through the season!! We learned a lot about the WRC last week! Updated power rankings will be released today. Now on to the games!

Covington @ Seeger

South Vermillion @ Sullivan

Riverton Parke @ North Vermillion

Attica @ Fountain Central

Parke Heritage @ Eastern Greene

Covington 26, Seeger 25.  Game of the week in the WRC!  

Sullivan 40, Mildcats 18

NV 40, RP 0.  I would’ve gone higher, but I have a feeling the NV coaching staff will take it easier than normal on the Panthers.

Attica 46, FC 0.  O’fer watch is on.

PH 72, Eastern Greene 0.  The Wolfs juggernaut will get back on track this week.  Every great team needs a wake up call at some point of the season.  Still wish the Wolfs would be playing Linton on this date.  Would’ve been a helluva game.

1 hour ago, Wabash River said:

Linton would run PH off of the field

No I don't think so. I don't mean it as a slap in the face to Linton because they are a really good team, but Parke Heritage is elite. I can't imagine Linton has the athletes that Parke Heritage does. I think the Wolfs would outscore the Miners in a shoot out.

40 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

No I don't think so. I don't mean it as a slap in the face to Linton because they are a really good team, but Parke Heritage is elite. I can't imagine Linton has the athletes that Parke Heritage does. I think the Wolfs would outscore the Miners in a shoot out.

It’s not a shootout If they run the ball and control the clock

1 minute ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

It’s not a shootout If they run the ball and control the clock

I think the Miners would score too fast to control the clock. Then the Wolfs get the ball back and score in 2-3 plays with their athletes. The Wolfs end up scoring more though. I could see it ending up like 63-49 with the final score in favor of the Wolfs.

• Disdain 1

42 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I don’t see how PH is elite. They’ve played one decent team which was Attica, and didn’t even score in the first quarter, and only put up 26 in the entire game. Don’t get me wrong PH is a good ball club, but I wouldn’t call them elite. Linton which has a 4-0 record with a pretty tough schedule is elite. Ill stick to what I said “Linton would run PH off of the field”

6 minutes ago, Wabash River said:

I don’t see how PH is elite. They’ve played one decent team which was Attica, and didn’t even score in the first quarter, and only put up 26 in the entire game. Don’t get me wrong PH is a good ball club, but I wouldn’t call them eliteLinton which has a 4-0 record with a pretty tough schedule is elite. Ill stick to what I said “Linton would run PH off of the field”

*3-1 I forgot linton got beat week 1 against a tough Southridge team 28-20

2 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I think the Miners would score too fast to control the clock. Then the Wolfs get the ball back and score in 2-3 plays with their athletes. The Wolfs end up scoring more though. I could see it ending up like 63-49 with the final score in favor of the Wolfs.

Have you see both teams play, or have you seen both teams competition. I am a fan of the WOLVES, but you clearly don't understand football.  IF PH can beat NV and that is a big if, they still could not compete against a team like Linton and certainly not against the larger teams in Terre Haute even when they (the Terre Haute schools)  are down terribly.  North Vermillion beat an Awful Evansville team last year who is a disgrace to Evansville football but I don't see PH competing with the large Terre Haute schools nor Linton either.  PH has scored against weak teams and played a so-so game against a team that is tough but I would not call them a top tier football team.  When this regular seasons is over I guess we will see if this unstoppable offense as you put it can make it to the very top in November.

Seems to be some delusional fans that think PH is unstoppable probably the same fans as last year that thought PH could beat NV in Rockville. Brian Moore is a good coach but can you be great when you cant be Brian Crabtree? NV is still the Champ of the WRC and will continue to be #1 in my power rankings until someone in the WRC can knock them off

• Like 1

7 hours ago, wrcsage said:

Covington 26, Seeger 25.  Game of the week in the WRC!  

Sullivan 40, Mildcats 18

NV 40, RP 0.  I would’ve gone higher, but I have a feeling the NV coaching staff will take it easier than normal on the Panthers.

Attica 46, FC 0.  O’fer watch is on.

PH 72, Eastern Greene 0.  The Wolfs juggernaut will get back on track this week.  Every great team needs a wake up call at some point of the season.  Still wish the Wolfs would be playing Linton on this date.  Would’ve been a helluva game.

You mention O”fer every week, I swear to God you do. Do you get a stiffy because a group of teenage boys will probably not win a game? 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I get you're fishing for a reaction. I'm bored so I'll take the bait....

Linton's athletes are better. Linton's line is better.  Linton's coaching staff is better.

I haven't seen PH nor do I need to.  They scored 26 on Attica (nothing against Attica), and you think they'd put 63 on Linton and score in 2-3 plays every possession LMAO.  

Linton would boat race the Rox/Warriors

• Like 3

Thoughts for this week’s game 

PH to come out of the game with no injured players. Hopefully get a running clock so 2 hour drive home isn’t so late. 

North Vermillion to come out of the game with no injured players.

Do all teams kick onside to Riverton Parke to avoid injuries on the return?

Attica to bounce back on offense. Take this week to establish their passing game? 

Fountain Central play hard and compete. Who is playing quarterback for them now? 

Covington/Seeger should be a good game to watch. Will it be a high scoring game or a defensive battle? 

Don’t know much on Sullivan. Hope for a South vermilion win since they are a conference school. 

3 hours ago, WrcChamp said:

Seems to be some delusional fans that think PH is unstoppable probably the same fans as last year that thought PH could beat NV in Rockville. Brian Moore is a good coach but can you be great when you cant be Brian Crabtree? NV is still the Champ of the WRC and will continue to be #1 in my power rankings until someone in the WRC can knock them off

Couldn’t have said it better myself 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, hick said:

I get you're fishing for a reaction. I'm bored so I'll take the bait....

Linton's athletes are better. Linton's line is better.  Linton's coaching staff is better.

I haven't seen PH nor do I need to.  They scored 26 on Attica (nothing against Attica), and you think they'd put 63 on Linton and score in 2-3 plays every possession LMAO.  

Linton would boat race the Rox/Warriors

Ive been a fan of the WRC for a long time and i have seen some good teams come out of that have done very well in the tournament, but it is sad that there are people who continue to post remarks about a teams ability when it has not been tested or proven.  I get that some of the posts are just jabs by lonely posters who need reactions. What is depressing though is the fact that many people blindly offer opinions based on just personal choice, and not factual/logical information.  I get that the GID is a site where everybody's opinion is welcome and levity is part of repartee, but several good debates go awry because of ridiculous statements.  I am a fan of the Wolves and I agree with you completely. 

54 minutes ago, Warriorfan said:

Ive been a fan of the WRC for a long time and i have seen some good teams come out of that have done very well in the tournament, but it is sad that there are people who continue to post remarks about a teams ability when it has not been tested or proven.  I get that some of the posts are just jabs by lonely posters who need reactions. What is depressing though is the fact that many people blindly offer opinions based on just personal choice, and not factual/logical information.  I get that the GID is a site where everybody's opinion is welcome and levity is part of repartee, but several good debates go awry because of ridiculous statements.  I am a fan of the Wolves and I agree with you completely. 

If post about high school football makes you sad and depressed maybe you should join the tennis digest, I swear to God you should 

• Like 1

I'm sorry if I'm making people depressed. Maybe the Wolfs aren't as good as I thought they were. Maybe they can't beat Linton, but they're still tops in the WRC and in class A. If you have seen the collection of athletes that they put on the field you would agree with me. And then on top of it they have a hall of fame head coach in Brian Moore. Why wouldn't I think they're elite?

10 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I'm sorry if I'm making people depressed. Maybe the Wolfs aren't as good as I thought they were. Maybe they can't beat Linton, but they're still tops in the WRC and in class A. If you have seen the collection of athletes that they put on the field you would agree with me. And then on top of it they have a hall of fame head coach in Brian Moore. Why wouldn't I think they're elite?

If you want to call them tops in the WRC because they have not been beaten yet, that's one thing but for you to blindly compare and claim ELITE status of the athletes of PH to those of other schools you have not played yet that is foolish.  I will say it one more time I AM a fan of the WOLVES, but to claim they are elite at this point makes no sense at all.   Maybe you should wait until they have beaten some better competition before you make the claims that they are ELITE.  I also get that you want reaction by your posts, and when I am bored and have time I will reply. Why do I reply? Its simple the logical person in me responds to the posts of mere personal opinion when being passed off as truth. 

22 minutes ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

Warrior, all I want is a hug and to be told its all going to be ok......and for you to spell Wolfs correctly...…

That is kinda funny  and I am sorry to hear you sister left you and there is no one left in the house to offer consolation and provide affection to you.  I guess you could always by a couple WOLVES I hear they are great companions

5 minutes ago, Warriorfan said:

If you want to call them tops in the WRC because they have not been beaten yet, that's one thing but for you to blindly compare and claim ELITE status of the athletes of PH to those of other schools you have not played yet that is foolish.  I will say it one more time I AM a fan of the WOLVES, but to claim they are elite at this point makes no sense at all.   Maybe you should wait until they have beaten some better competition before you make the claims that they are ELITE.  I also get that you want reaction by your posts, and when I am bored and have time I will reply. Why do I reply? Its simple the logical person in me responds to the posts of mere personal opinion when being passed off as truth. 

Ok, you have a logical opinion, but the Wolfs already beat Attica. Attica is one of the best teams in class A. Even though the game wasn't a blow-out, it was still 26-6. And the Wolfs played really sloppy, so it should've been much worse.