Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 5

Just now, Tanka Jahari said:

Ok, you have a logical opinion, but the Wolfs already beat Attica. Attica is one of the best teams in class A. Even though the game wasn't a blow-out, it was still 26-6. And the Wolfs played really sloppy, so it should've been much worse. 

How is Attica one of the best teams???  Are you going off of the record alone? Did you look at who they beat to get to 3-1?  I have to disagree that Attica is one of the best teams in class A, I believe they are the fortunate to have had a soft early schedule just as the Wolves have.  Again if PH ends up running the table I will be happy they did (I don't see it happening) but to say they are Elite because they beat Attica is a big stretch.

21 minutes ago, Warriorfan said:

How is Attica one of the best teams???  Are you going off of the record alone? Did you look at who they beat to get to 3-1?  I have to disagree that Attica is one of the best teams in class A, I believe they are the fortunate to have had a soft early schedule just as the Wolves have.  Again if PH ends up running the table I will be happy they did (I don't see it happening) but to say they are Elite because they beat Attica is a big stretch.

In 2016 Attica lost to LCC 56-29. It was a barn burner until late in the game. Any team that can do that is one of the best teams in class A. 

8 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

In 2016 Attica lost to LCC 56-29. It was a barn burner until late in the game. Any team that can do that is one of the best teams in class A. 

LCC outscored Attica 50-7 in the 2nd halv of that game. Something was burned alright, not sure it was the barn.

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/11/04/ccs-50-point-second-half-overcomes-attica/93272272/

Edited by gonzoron

38 minutes ago, Warriorfan said:

That is kinda funny  and I am sorry to hear you sister left you and there is no one left in the house to offer consolation and provide affection to you.  I guess you could always by a couple WOLVES I hear they are great companions

whoa! whoa! Easy there Margo! I asked for a hug and you are taking jabs at my sister! Sounds like you need the hug more than I do...

11 minutes ago, gonzoron said:

LCC outscored Attica 50-7 in the 2nd halv of that game. Something was burned alright, not sure it was the barn.

https://www.jconline.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/11/04/ccs-50-point-second-half-overcomes-attica/93272272/

IT WAS AN HISTORIC COMEBACK, FURTHER PROVING THE ELITE STATUS OF THE ATTICA PROGRAM.

• Haha 1

At times this forum gets so ridiculous to the point of myself losing interest in it. 

I will can continue to give my opinion on how PH does as a game recap and will also report scores during the game.

Just gets old listening to the bickering back and forth about the Wolves being elite. As long as everyone continues to give the attention to the stupid post we will never get good football discussions going on.

I have been around the WRC since 87 or 88,  I have played on, played against, have help coach at times against good teams. Every school has had their “elite” team/programs at some point. It’s a cycle that all small schools go through, there were even a few years when Riverton Parke and Turkey Run had decent teams. So if we want to talk about football I’ll be here to chat. If we want to talk about the good ole days we can do that also. Like most of us I enjoy to  relive our glory days. But don’t compare 2019 to 2016 or 2012 or 2009 or 1995, This 2019 new coaches, new players new teams. 

• Like 2

On 9/16/2019 at 9:09 AM, Tanka Jahari said:

WOW!!! It's hard to believe that we are halfway through the season!! We learned a lot about the WRC last week! Updated power rankings will be released today. Now on to the games!

Covington @ Seeger

South Vermillion @ Sullivan

Riverton Parke @ North Vermillion

Attica @ Fountain Central

Parke Heritage @ Eastern Greene

Would HOF coach Brian Moore ever order a whole pizza for himself?

On 9/16/2019 at 1:28 PM, Mechanic24 said:

I like to see the discussions on the games point spread..what player or players to watch out for. But seems here lately every WRC thread has been about the so called elite offence of ph. I'm sure they are tough and have plenty of athletes with a great coach.. but to bost about them like that is just jibberish. Waiting for the day they run in retreat with their tail between their legs. 

I played fo NV in late 80s early 90s and from year to year you didnt know who the power house teams were. I dont believe if any team really put the second string in until late in 4th quarter with the exception of TR and RP but they have also had a few good years.. but all schools will or have had their not so good teams. Comparing todays fast offenses to yesterday's brute hard hitting playing with concussions pulled muscles arms in cast and many other injuries. Yes things are totally different now with coaching Stiles and rules so 2 different types of football teams. 

One day the players now will look back on today and say we played harder then then you do know!

So now let's look at our youth programs... NV has a great program and last I knew so did Covington,Attica and SV dont know if anyone else has good showing for the entry level football programs if they dont they should start them. Kids that grow up playing football together seem to make great teams in High School just from my observation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes I believe you are correct. I had coach wheat for 1 year then Mark Bless came in and started turning the program around for NV. I myself would love to hang out with some of the players from back in the day from the different teams and just talk about old times and the fun we all had.. on the field we were enemies but off the field we joked around. 

This could make for some good conversations. Name some of the former coaches from your school. If they are still coach we’re are they now. Also add any assistants if you want. 

Rockville

The great Jay Barrett RIP went to W vigo

Dan Vukovits went on to be an assistant I believe at TH north, North Putnam, and South Vermillion. 

Assistant Jim foster, not sure he coached at a varsity level after his stint with Vuk. Coaches a lot of other sports. Great guy.

Assistant John Barnes the coach that most players feared but he would do anything for you if you worked hard and showed respect. One of the most knowledgeable football minds around. Know he spent some time at Turkey Run, surprised some doesn’t have him on the side lines now.

Herb King of course went to Seeger.

assistant John Batty, went on to be head coach at Rockville. 

Assistant Steve Jones spent a lot of time scouting. Very football smart. 

Batty left Rockville, I believe kids go to Riverton Parke district. I believe he might of coached daughter in basketball? Surprised he isn’t helping RP

Assistants Neeley, Bettis, Clapp? Some of these have move on and stayed with Moore. 

Moore of course now. 

Im sure I am missing a lot of assistants and maybe a head coach. Was out of the area for 4 or 5 years? 

Also who remembers Saturday morning Coaches Corner? I believe they use to go to Janet’s? In Montezuma and recap all the Friday night games. Jim Jerome did an awesome job with that. Coaches would exchange game tapes there also. Most coaches would bring one or two players with them. We got our 15 mins of fame. We would all sit around the locker room eat donuts and talk about all the “great” plays we made, while  we listened to the radio show. I believe they ended this around 93/94?  Wish we still had something like that now. There is my blast from the past. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

And the very next year Attica got beat 43-0 by fountain central.  Not sure i can agree with this attempt at proving their current status as one of the best teams in class A

20 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

At times this forum gets so ridiculous to the point of myself losing interest in it. 

I will can continue to give my opinion on how PH does as a game recap and will also report scores during the game.

Just gets old listening to the bickering back and forth about the Wolves being elite. As long as everyone continues to give the attention to the stupid post we will never get good football discussions going on.

I have been around the WRC since 87 or 88,  I have played on, played against, have help coach at times against good teams. Every school has had their “elite” team/programs at some point. It’s a cycle that all small schools go through, there were even a few years when Riverton Parke and Turkey Run had decent teams. So if we want to talk about football I’ll be here to chat. If we want to talk about the good ole days we can do that also. Like most of us I enjoy to  relive our glory days. But don’t compare 2019 to 2016 or 2012 or 2009 or 1995, This 2019 new coaches, new players new teams. 

I find myself falling victim to  the ridiculous and trying to debate it with fact against the lunacy that is posted, I am beginning to feel a lot like you do.  I was from the WRC and I have seen a lot of good teams, players and coaches over the years as well. I would love to just talk football for what it is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

This could make for some good conversations. Name some of the former coaches from your school. If they are still coach we’re are they now. Also add any assistants if you want. 

Rockville

The great Jay Barrett RIP went to W vigo

Dan Vukovits went on to be an assistant I believe at TH north, North Putnam, and South Vermillion. 

Assistant Jim foster, not sure he coached at a varsity level after his stint with Vuk. Coaches a lot of other sports. Great guy.

Assistant John Barnes the coach that most players feared but he would do anything for you if you worked hard and showed respect. One of the most knowledgeable football minds around. Know he spent some time at Turkey Run, surprised some doesn’t have him on the side lines now.

Herb King of course went to Seeger.

assistant John Batty, went on to be head coach at Rockville. 

Assistant Steve Jones spent a lot of time scouting. Very football smart. 

Batty left Rockville, I believe kids go to Riverton Parke district. I believe he might of coached daughter in basketball? Surprised he isn’t helping RP

Assistants Neeley, Bettis, Clapp? Some of these have move on and stayed with Moore. 

Moore of course now. 

Im sure I am missing a lot of assistants and maybe a head coach. Was out of the area for 4 or 5 years? 

Also who remembers Saturday morning Coaches Corner? I believe they use to go to Janet’s? In Montezuma and recap all the Friday night games. Jim Jerome did an awesome job with that. Coaches would exchange game tapes there also. Most coaches would bring one or two players with them. We got our 15 mins of fame. We would all sit around the locker room eat donuts and talk about all the “great” plays we made, while  we listened to the radio show. I believe they ended this around 93/94?  Wish we still had something like that now. There is my blast from the past. 

Good stuff. Nice to see the discussion moving in this direction.