Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

WRC Week 5

I know we at NV had some great assistant coaches. DON COREY may he rest in piece. Was like a father to most people. Boo went to Covington but is now somewhere else now crothers showed up to home coming last year hes not in good health diabetes has taken over his life. Last year I was able to talk Bless and watch him coach agian it brought back so many memories.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Also who remembers Saturday morning Coaches Corner? I believe they use to go to Janet’s? In Montezuma and recap all the Friday night games. Jim Jerome did an awesome job with that. Coaches would exchange game tapes there also. Most coaches would bring one or two players with them. We got our 15 mins of fame. We would all sit around the locker room eat donuts and talk about all the “great” plays we made, while  we listened to the radio show. I believe they ended this around 93/94?  Wish we still had something like that now. There is my blast from the past. 

This is one thing I wish the radio would bring back.Any of them that cover the WRC games. We would always have sat morning practice or swim and lift, check injuries and listen to coaches corner. They would always recap the games and ask the coaches questions. Some player were able to go with coaches but not all the time. It was great to hear your name on the radio boosted conference for some.. but if you think back not one coach bosted about a player or team they was all humble about it. They may have givin a shout out to another player or team..like we need to watch or contain a certain someone or watch the blitz from another it was a great listen. Just like listening to spotlight on the WRC on 103.1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mechanic24 said:

I know we at NV had some great assistant coaches. DON COREY may he rest in piece. Was like a father to most people. Boo went to Covington but is now somewhere else now crothers showed up to home coming last year hes not in good health diabetes has taken over his life. Last year I was able to talk Bless and watch him coach agian it brought back so many memories.

Mr. Corey was awesome. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

Wasn’t there a Tolen at Turkey Run? You didn’t know all the information about coaches and player back then. All we had was newspaper and radio. 

He was there a couple years I think never had any dealings with him though. I think he had a couple good teams.

1 hour ago, Woody_Hayes said:

I taught with John Strader at Cloverdale. He is a great guy.

Yes he is

2 hours ago, Mechanic24 said:

This is one thing I wish the radio would bring back.Any of them that cover the WRC games. We would always have sat morning practice or swim and lift, check injuries and listen to coaches corner. They would always recap the games and ask the coaches questions. Some player were able to go with coaches but not all the time. It was great to hear your name on the radio boosted conference for some.. but if you think back not one coach bosted about a player or team they was all humble about it. They may have givin a shout out to another player or team..like we need to watch or contain a certain someone or watch the blitz from another it was a great listen. Just like listening to spotlight on the WRC on 103.1

We would meet in Rockville and the coaches corner for us it was at a small café on the square.  We ate breakfast as our coaches talked, great memories for sure.

6 hours ago, Warriorfan said:

I find myself falling victim to  the ridiculous and trying to debate it with fact against the lunacy that is posted

well there, Big Shoots, we thought you were being a good sport about it, but looks like we need to leave you alone....sorry bud, not many safe spaces to stand in the GID...

I honestly do not remember Seeger, or I should say Warren County, doing anything like a coaches corner back when I was around. For any sport that is. As sports obsessed the residence of Warren County can be with its only high school (should have been around when Stephanie White was playing. The community was a sight to see) I'm surprised someone has not came up with a blog, pod cast, whatever for something like that

34 minutes ago, RedwoodCowTippers said:

well there, Big Shoots, we thought you were being a good sport about it, but looks like we need to leave you alone....sorry bud, not many safe spaces to stand in the GID...

I honestly do not remember Seeger, or I should say Warren County, doing anything like a coaches corner back when I was around. For any sport that is. As sports obsessed the residence of Warren County can be with its only high school (should have been around when Stephanie White was playing. The community was a sight to see) I'm surprised someone has not came up with a blog, pod cast, whatever for something like that

Big shoots??  Post what you want I will respond as I see fit. Plain and simple. You don't need to worry about my feelings, I react the way I want as most on here do.  I don't need a safe place as you can plainly see I don't hide. 

1 hour ago, Warriorfan said:

Big shoots??  Post what you want I will respond as I see fit. Plain and simple. You don't need to worry about my feelings, I react the way I want as most on here do.  I don't need a safe place as you can plainly see I don't hide. 

You are missing the point. I'm giving you the opportunity to be the voice of Seeger sports....

John Harrell has some interesting predictions for tomorrow.  No way do I see RP scoring 14 against the Falcons.  Attica-FC will be whatever Attica wants it to be.  I’m ok with the Seeger-Covington game, I think that is close to a toss up game.  Not sure SV will be able to hang with Sullivan?  And the juggernaut Wolfs will have balls flying all over the yard and probably hit the 50 marker in the 1st half.  

10 hours ago, Oldbleacherfan said:

This could make for some good conversations. Name some of the former coaches from your school. If they are still coach we’re are they now. Also add any assistants if you want. 

Rockville

The great Jay Barrett RIP went to W vigo

Dan Vukovits went on to be an assistant I believe at TH north, North Putnam, and South Vermillion. 

Assistant Jim foster, not sure he coached at a varsity level after his stint with Vuk. Coaches a lot of other sports. Great guy.

Assistant John Barnes the coach that most players feared but he would do anything for you if you worked hard and showed respect. One of the most knowledgeable football minds around. Know he spent some time at Turkey Run, surprised some doesn’t have him on the side lines now.

Herb King of course went to Seeger.

assistant John Batty, went on to be head coach at Rockville. 

Assistant Steve Jones spent a lot of time scouting. Very football smart. 

Batty left Rockville, I believe kids go to Riverton Parke district. I believe he might of coached daughter in basketball? Surprised he isn’t helping RP

Assistants Neeley, Bettis, Clapp? Some of these have move on and stayed with Moore. 

Moore of course now. 

Im sure I am missing a lot of assistants and maybe a head coach. Was out of the area for 4 or 5 years? 

Also who remembers Saturday morning Coaches Corner? I believe they use to go to Janet’s? In Montezuma and recap all the Friday night games. Jim Jerome did an awesome job with that. Coaches would exchange game tapes there also. Most coaches would bring one or two players with them. We got our 15 mins of fame. We would all sit around the locker room eat donuts and talk about all the “great” plays we made, while  we listened to the radio show. I believe they ended this around 93/94?  Wish we still had something like that now. There is my blast from the past. 

Wish they would bring back the Saturday morning radio show. It was always nice to hear the coaches get together and talk about the games and upcoming schedule. Nothing like piling around the radio in the weight room Saturday morning and listening. Though I do believe it went on a little later into the 90s. Maybe 96? 

Edited by DomerFan78
  • Like 1