Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1 hour ago, AG said:

That would work and would be in my backyard, although 4A Western might crush Pioneer in a few sports or when they're down. Maybe take away HH and add Peru and Maconaquah for 8.

I think Mac and Peru left the old conf for a reason. 

All that pick em was a battle!

On 9/16/2019 at 9:24 AM, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Don't know about y'all, but this season is going by way too quickly!
Here we are getting ready to start WEEK #5 of HNAC Football

Thanks to everyone that has made our little part of the state and big success..... We have been high on the 'views' counter much of the season.

Here are the HNAC games for this week ..... What Say You?

Friday, Sep. 20
Crispus Attucks at Pioneer, 7:30 pm
Glenn at Knox, 7:30 pm
LaVille at Caston ©, 7 pm
Triton at Culver ©, 7 pm
Winamac at North Judson ©, 7:30 pm

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

CA at Pioneer - I don't know much about CA, so I'll take Pioneer, 38-18

Glenn at Knox - This will be a very interesting match up as Glenn is much improved, but Knox is still too much, Knox 28-14

Laville at Caston - Laville 69-0

Triton at Culver - Culver seems to be piecing some things together and are starting to roll, Culver 48-28

Winamac at NJ - Winamac will torch NJ through the air, their pass defense looks in rough shape, but I think it'll be a close one, NJ 26-24

Friday, Sep. 20
Crispus Attucks at Pioneer - Attucks has won three games, but even Triton has played a more difficult schedule than the Tigers.  So don't read much into that.  Pioneer will be much better than their visitors from the city.  38 zip at the half, running clock to start the 3rd.  Pioneer 54-7
Glenn at Knox - This game will give all of us a little more info to speculate about the Pioneer / Knox matchup in a couple weeks.  If the Redskins can't handle the Falcons pretty soundly, they won't have anything for Pioneer.  Glenn is better this year for sure, but I think Knox will control the game from start to finish.  Knox 28-7
LaVille at Caston - No contest here.  LaVille will control both sides of the ball all night long.  Probably a shutout.  LaVille 52-0
Triton at Culver - Triton is very young and inexperienced in the trenches.  The Cavs will exploit that weakness all night long.  I look for big nights for the Culver trio of wishbone backs!  They can pick their poison.  But Triton will move the ball on offense.  Culver has given up quite a few points.  I think Triton will hang around for 3 quarters, but a late Culver 8 minute drive will seal the win.  Culver 28-14
Winamac at North Judson - Game of the week!  This should be a good one!  Just like the matchup in Culver, this will be contrasting styles.  I like what Winamac has going on and if they can avoid turnovers, I'm giving them the edge in a close one.  Winamac 27-21

Crispus Attucks @ Pioneer: Don't know much about CA.. So ill go... Panthers 28-0

Glenn @ Knox: Glenn has a big time QB and he's only a soph... Knox is just gonna be too much for the Falcons to handle though... Skins 28 - 7

LaVille @ Caston: I don't even wanna type this out... LaVille

Triton @ Culver: Triton will go to the air early and likely could have some success vs a horrid Culver secondary... But won't be able to stop the power offense... Culver 40 - 20

Winamac @ North Judson: Jays offensive play calling could use some work to say the least... Jays waited until 4th down to spread it out and bring the passing plays vs Knox when everyone and their grandma knew what was coming... Guessing I formation up the middle every time wouldn't be the worst call for an opposing defense... Winamac has had an interesting schedule to the point... I don't think Winamac will be able to get the run game going at all vs Shidler and co.... But I do expect Compton to air the ball out and get a couple key big plays... Should be the best game here... Jays 28 - 20

5 hours ago, Wild Frogs said:

Crispus Attucks @ Pioneer: Don't know much about CA.. So ill go... Panthers 28-0

Glenn @ Knox: Glenn has a big time QB and he's only a soph... Knox is just gonna be too much for the Falcons to handle though... Skins 28 - 7

LaVille @ Caston: I don't even wanna type this out... LaVille

Triton @ Culver: Triton will go to the air early and likely could have some success vs a horrid Culver secondary... But won't be able to stop the power offense... Culver 40 - 20

Winamac @ North Judson: Jays offensive play calling could use some work to say the least... Jays waited until 4th down to spread it out and bring the passing plays vs Knox when everyone and their grandma knew what was coming... Guessing I formation up the middle every time wouldn't be the worst call for an opposing defense... Winamac has had an interesting schedule to the point... I don't think Winamac will be able to get the run game going at all vs Shidler and co.... But I do expect Compton to air the ball out and get a couple key big plays... Should be the best game here... Jays 28 - 20

Typically I look forward to your trite and sophomoric football commentary, however to denigrate the Jays week after week does become a bit monotonous.  Wild Frogs is beginning to sound a lot like some of the old-timers in the stands who say the same thing at every game such as:  Jays need to pass more.  Jays need to block better.  Jays need to run harder.  The same depthless analysis gets generationally passed down to those that know very little about football.  Here's some perspective about the Jays program:  Coach Lambert inherited a program that was ostensibly considered toxic.  The Jays have been on a championship drought for the last 15 years.  They haven't been able to win at home consistently in that time period.  The older players treated the younger players like complete garbage.  The prior coaches allowed and in some instances enabled this behavior.  Show some school spirit Wild Frogs!  You should be commending the Jays for turning the entire program around.  For ensuring that every single kid in that locker room feels like they are apart of something special.  Ask the young guys what they think about being undefeated as JV program?  Ask your friends about their trip to Bears Training Camp just because the coaches wanted to offer them something that may never have the chance to do on their own dime.  Jays are 2-0 against 1A opponents.  After tomorrow we will be 3-0 against 1A teams.  This is the same North Judson team that wasn't expected to do much at all this year because we lost so much "talent."  You see Wild Frogs, football is unlike any other sport in the world.  You can't just win with 11 guys.  You need every single kid on that roster to buy-in, learn their positions or multiple positions, and then be able to deliver in the moment on a Friday night when the pressure is through the roof.  When it is 100 degrees with humidity or when it is freezing in late October/November.  When it's raining, sleeting, or snowing.  That's a kind of pressure that you wouldn't know anything about.  Because, honestly, no one goes to tennis matches.  It's easy to criticize.  It's easy to be an arm-chair quarterback.  It's not easy to change culture, instill values, and install an entirely new offense in a short period of time. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Duke of Denham said:

Typically I look forward to your trite and sophomoric football commentary, however to denigrate the Jays week after week does become a bit monotonous.  Wild Frogs is beginning to sound a lot like some of the old-timers in the stands who say the same thing at every game such as:  Jays need to pass more.  Jays need to block better.  Jays need to run harder.  The same depthless analysis gets generationally passed down to those that know very little about football.  Here's some perspective about the Jays program:  Coach Lambert inherited a program that was ostensibly considered toxic.  The Jays have been on a championship drought for the last 15 years.  They haven't been able to win at home consistently in that time period.  The older players treated the younger players like complete garbage.  The prior coaches allowed and in some instances enabled this behavior.  Show some school spirit Wild Frogs!  You should be commending the Jays for turning the entire program around.  For ensuring that every single kid in that locker room feels like they are apart of something special.  Ask the young guys what they think about being undefeated as JV program?  Ask your friends about their trip to Bears Training Camp just because the coaches wanted to offer them something that may never have the chance to do on their own dime.  Jays are 2-0 against 1A opponents.  After tomorrow we will be 3-0 against 1A teams.  This is the same North Judson team that wasn't expected to do much at all this year because we lost so much "talent."  You see Wild Frogs, football is unlike any other sport in the world.  You can't just win with 11 guys.  You need every single kid on that roster to buy-in, learn their positions or multiple positions, and then be able to deliver in the moment on a Friday night when the pressure is through the roof.  When it is 100 degrees with humidity or when it is freezing in late October/November.  When it's raining, sleeting, or snowing.  That's a kind of pressure that you wouldn't know anything about.  Because, honestly, no one goes to tennis matches.  It's easy to criticize.  It's easy to be an arm-chair quarterback.  It's not easy to change culture, instill values, and install an entirely new offense in a short period of time. 

i’m not sure how i’m putting the jays down as i predicted them to win? and you ask for me to show some school spirit when, ask anyone, i’m the loudest in the student section and talk to the players about the game all week because i’m so into it? and you would be surprised with the tennis turnouts 😉

9 minutes ago, Duke of Denham said:

i’m not sure how i’m putting the jays down as i predicted them to win? and you ask for me to show some school spirit when, ask anyone, i’m the loudest in the student section and talk to the players about the game all week because i’m so into it? and you would be surprised with the tennis turnouts 😉

9 minutes ago, Wild Frogs said:

I'm sure if the attendance is greater than one I would be surprised.  😄 

Crispus Attucks at Pioneer - Panthers win going away.
Glenn at Knox - Don't think Glenn can get it done. Knox wins 
LaVille at Caston - LV
Triton at Culver - I like Culver here

Winamac at North Judson - my coin came up NJSP 

as always,  the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

On 9/16/2019 at 4:56 PM, Ultimate Warrior said:

Pioneer by 48

Knox by 28

LaVille...by as many as Coach H wants. 

Ill go Culver 42. Triton 20. I think itll be close for 3 Q but Culver wears down the trojans. 

As for Winamac/North Judson. I don't really have a clue. As of this past Sat.. Winamac played the 2nd toughest 1a schedule according to sagarin SOS...which will go down as they get farther into the season.

North Judson lost to NN and Knox two tough teams...and beat Culver after Culver had 4+ turnovers. 

NJ is young on the OL/DL. North Judson has some senior skilled guys but most are new to the offensive side this year. Lambert will have his boys ready to go. 

Winamac's played decent for 3 Q against LaVille. I liked some of the things the Warriors did against the Lancers and what they did early against Pioneer. 

I think the Warriors will put 4 Q together and escape liberty field with a win. 22-20. 

Knox by 28 good one.....

IMG_9192.JPG

• Haha 2

Not much to see I was told at Caston tonight.  Laville tuning up for a huge showdown next weekend at home with the Tribe!!  I am hearing good things about a freshman running back from Laville to that looks to be the real deal!  Maybe they should of played him against Pioneer if that is the case.  Anyone at Caston tonight to see the kid play?

Judson and Winamac was a pretty good game for about 44 mins and 15 seconds. 

Judson scores with 3 45 left to go up 15-8. Down 15 to 8, bad snap over QB, kid recovers in end zone to make it 22-8. Winamac gets ball back, turnover on Downs. Judson scores on big play. 

Should be good one if we get a rematch. 

Had sometime to think. 

Man that #40 kid is a gonna be a stud for NJ. He reminds me of a bigger Tyler Katschke (as a freshman). Nolan Shidler played solid. Trey Hampton once they went to shotgun did very well on the option. Their special teams were good. 

Idk what happened to the Jays last few years but you can feel a major culture change.  

For Winamac. 9 penalties, silly holding at bad times, accidental face masks. 4 turnovers! A fumble by Lynch (call gets over turned if there was review). Compton throws a pick near end of half. A bad snap by Dakota Podell which resulted in a jays player diving on it in the end zone. Compton had a  fumble as well. 

Positives. Keith Dell had some decent punts. I thought Logan Schultz had a nice game offensively and defensively. Shayden May looked fine. Trent Fox had 150 yards of total offense.  Gabe Townsend moved to guard. They moved Kyle Olds to LB. Russell Compton had 192 yards passing. 

If there's a rematch. Itll be a dandy. It was an exciting and close game for about 44 mins and 15 seconds. 

Gotta get Jared Huetten back. Hayden Clark is prob done for the year. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior