Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

11 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Not much to see I was told at Caston tonight.  Laville tuning up for a huge showdown next weekend at home with the Tribe!!  I am hearing good things about a freshman running back from Laville to that looks to be the real deal!  Maybe they should of played him against Pioneer if that is the case.  Anyone at Caston tonight to see the kid play?

Hats off to all to the young men at Caston. They play hard and show a tremendous amount of heart.  Last night was August hot and humid. Heard there were 17 dressed for Caston.  LaVille simply outmanned Comets.

I've seen the young man on internet you are referring to.  He plays defense mostly.   Is probably #5 back. According to article in Pilot News,  young man carried ball 2 times, 80+ yards and 2 TDs v. Caston. Heard kid is pretty quick and runs hard.  Lots of kids are quick and run hard. According to scoring summary, kid got in game late when game decided.   

Bottom line is: Pioneer defense. Is no Winamac defense,  is no Knox defense,  is no NJSP defense,  is no Caston defense.  Let's see what the kid does in time.

as always,  the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

6 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Hats off to all to the young men at Caston. They play hard and show a tremendous amount of heart.  Last night was August hot and humid. Heard there were 17 dressed for Caston.  LaVille simply outmanned Comets.

I've seen the young man on internet you are referring to.  He plays defense mostly.   Is probably #5 back. According to article in Pilot News,  young man carried ball 2 times, 80+ yards and 2 TDs v. Caston. Heard kid is pretty quick and runs hard.  Lots of kids are quick and run hard. According to scoring summary, kid got in game late when game decided.   

Bottom line is: Pioneer defense. Is no Winamac defense,  is no Knox defense,  is no NJSP defense,  is no Caston defense.  Let's see what the kid does in time.

as always,  the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007 

LaVille has a very very good young OL. i heard their 8th grade class is pretty good but you wanna talk about an impressive freshman... Judson folks should get excited about #40. Their freshman back does a lot of nice things. Hell have a coming home to Jesus moment against LaVille and Pioneer but hes gonna be a stud. Heard there's multiple classes coming up for NJ and they very well could have a couple conf and sectional titles coming their way. Lambert is night and day compared to White. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

1 hour ago, FinePrint said:

I wasn't at the game.  Doesn't appear that it went very well.  3 picks I think.  Couldn't stop the wishbone.  Our line is definitely a work in process with a couple of freshmen starting.   Hot much experience there across the front. 

Triton QB made some good throws,  he was off at times and had 3 picks. One of these was at goal line when the were trying to capitalize on a  Culver fumble.  Culver secondary has come along way on pass defense since opening game

2 hours ago, FinePrint said:

I wasn't at the game.  Doesn't appear that it went very well.  3 picks I think.  Couldn't stop the wishbone.  Our line is definitely a work in process with a couple of freshmen starting.   Hot much experience there across the front. 

Tough. 

Been there! As you have too...those early pains one will turn into gains! Our line has been better this year. I would have loved to seen how we would have done had Kiefer our center not gone down for the year and our left tackle not stayed back in Texas. 

Russell is starting to get into rhythm.38-57 for 381 in his last 3 games. I think hes got 1 td and 1 pick.  

Just gotta capitalize in the end zone!

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

32 minutes ago, AubbeenaubeeCav said:

Triton QB made some good throws,  he was off at times and had 3 picks. One of these was at goal line when the were trying to capitalize on a  Culver fumble.  Culver secondary has come along way on pass defense since opening game

Its gonna be a tough one for us. Culver is big and physical. Last year we caught them a little bit with the switch at QB and on the onside kicks. 

Its gonna be a tough time. Culver def will dominate the clock.. Hope we can create some turnovers, score quickly and hold on for dear life like last year. We are better as a whole then our team last year but so are you guys. 

Triton continues to shoot themselves in the foot.  We moved the ball well against Culver, close to 400 yards of offense on a limited number of possessions, but could not capitalize on anything.  Too many turnovers, 3 picks and 1 lost fumble.  Lost an onside kick at the beginning of the 2nd half when we were down 21pts.   I think we only punted once.  We were able to move the ball on the ground pretty well, but had to rely on the pass in the second half due to being down by 3-4 touchdowns and couldn't connect.  Some were great defensive plays by Culver, others were simply forced or missed passes.  It was very frustrating to watch, because we are not as bad as we played.  Our line played better than at Bremen and had less penalties. Hopefully we will have our best O and D lineman back this week.

Culver played to their strength.  Pounding the ball with their running back linemen.  😉 lol,  and then popping it outside with King.  We went with a heavier, slower defense, trying to limit the inside run game, and had them stopped on a few occasions and Culver would go on two and we would jump, giving them a first down.  So frustrating. 

13 minutes ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

QB under center with 3 RB’s

T G C G T Y

Q

HB  FB  HB

Thank you.  I knew that was the T.  What I did not know, is that is the POWER T.  Didn't know there was a difference.

On 9/19/2019 at 7:42 PM, Duke of Denham said:

Typically I look forward to your trite and sophomoric football commentary, however to denigrate the Jays week after week does become a bit monotonous.  Wild Frogs is beginning to sound a lot like some of the old-timers in the stands who say the same thing at every game such as:  Jays need to pass more.  Jays need to block better.  Jays need to run harder.  The same depthless analysis gets generationally passed down to those that know very little about football.  Here's some perspective about the Jays program:  Coach Lambert inherited a program that was ostensibly considered toxic.  The Jays have been on a championship drought for the last 15 years.  They haven't been able to win at home consistently in that time period.  The older players treated the younger players like complete garbage.  The prior coaches allowed and in some instances enabled this behavior.  Show some school spirit Wild Frogs!  You should be commending the Jays for turning the entire program around.  For ensuring that every single kid in that locker room feels like they are apart of something special.  Ask the young guys what they think about being undefeated as JV program?  Ask your friends about their trip to Bears Training Camp just because the coaches wanted to offer them something that may never have the chance to do on their own dime.  Jays are 2-0 against 1A opponents.  After tomorrow we will be 3-0 against 1A teams.  This is the same North Judson team that wasn't expected to do much at all this year because we lost so much "talent."  You see Wild Frogs, football is unlike any other sport in the world.  You can't just win with 11 guys.  You need every single kid on that roster to buy-in, learn their positions or multiple positions, and then be able to deliver in the moment on a Friday night when the pressure is through the roof.  When it is 100 degrees with humidity or when it is freezing in late October/November.  When it's raining, sleeting, or snowing.  That's a kind of pressure that you wouldn't know anything about.  Because, honestly, no one goes to tennis matches.  It's easy to criticize.  It's easy to be an arm-chair quarterback.  It's not easy to change culture, instill values, and install an entirely new offense in a short period of time. 

Sorry I missed this:   

+1 

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Sorry I missed this:   

+1 

Hes spot on. 

Judson started turning the ship by hiring great AD's back to back and putting Annette Zupin in charge as the super. I admire what they've done there. I kept thinking walking in Winamac as a whole can learn a few things from NJ. It takes time to build a culture, you have to have a Super, AD and Principal buying into their coaches. Its something weve lacked the last two seasons but we are slowly getting there. 

At our game last friday.. I could notice a difference..just by walking up to liberty. The kids body language was better, i heard more positivity coming from their teammates on sidelines and their coaches. Their fans were more intuned to the game. Lambert has some good guys working for him like John Hampton, Evan Howard and a guy that does their defensive stats in Rabe Frasure. I know of Mitch Fingerhut one of the middle school coaches, another solid hire for middle school...Hes a really good dude. 

Judson is limited in the pass game but hitting smaller passes work just fine... Moving Nolan Shidler to the OL was absolutely needed. Barnes, Brown and Allen do well enough. Our game Friday was a great battle, the next two seasons will be good games...after that watch out. North Judson is gonna get very good, with conference and sectional championship talent. Fans just need to give Lambert sometime....he had A LOT TO FIX and some of it takes a couple years. 

On 9/19/2019 at 2:27 PM, Hoosier Hawk said:

Why did Pioneer add Attucks? They are terrible.

This will be a running clock at half.

On 9/19/2019 at 2:28 PM, AG said:

They needed to add a team better than North White.

On 9/19/2019 at 3:42 PM, Radar36 said:

I believe it was the only team that had an opening that week.  It was between Attucks or having to go out of state.  

Late to responding to this but... Was playing Attucks really better than the alternatives? Did Pioneer just drop NW? Was this prior to the season?

I mean it's great and all that the Pioneer community got to feel great about playing a "4A team from the big city" but anyone who has traveled outside of Cass County (or can use Google) knew this was going to be a game similar to playing North White.

6 minutes ago, Hoosier Hawk said:

Late to responding to this but... Was playing Attucks really better than the alternatives? Did Pioneer just drop NW? Was this prior to the season?

I mean it's great and all that the Pioneer community got to feel great about playing a "4A team from the big city" but anyone who has traveled outside of Cass County (or can use Google) knew this was going to be a game similar to playing North White.

North White was dropped prior to the season starting. Attucks was the only team in the state with an opening that week. Other conversations were had with others schools but they didn't want the pain of changing their schedules as well.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

North White was dropped prior to the season starting. Attucks was the only team in the state with an opening that week. Other conversations were had with others schools but they didn't want the pain of changing their schedules as well.

Fair enough. Just seems like it would have made more sense to try and find someone before dropping the team down the road of similar talent!

I'd be interested in knowing how that conversation sounded with NW since they weren't able to fill it.

Is this becoming a thing at the high school level? Schedules being shifted due to "down/up" freshman/sophomore classes.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/hs-blog/2019/09/26/indiana-high-school-football-new-palestine-vs-shelbyville-go-planned/2448147001/

25 minutes ago, Hoosier Hawk said:

Fair enough. Just seems like it would have made more sense to try and find someone before dropping the team down the road of similar talent!

I'd be interested in knowing how that conversation sounded with NW since they weren't able to fill it.

Is this becoming a thing at the high school level? Schedules being shifted due to "down/up" freshman/sophomore classes.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/high-school/hs-blog/2019/09/26/indiana-high-school-football-new-palestine-vs-shelbyville-go-planned/2448147001/

Agreed on the first point. North white was originally picked up when west central left the conference. If I’m not mistaken it was only a 2 year contract so the contract just wasn’t renewed with nw. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1