Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sagamore Conference 2019

I think Danville will get back on track for the 2019 season.  A question mark for them will be the QB position and who replaces Slaton.  Tri-West will build off of last year and be improved with a lot of guys returning offensively.  Not sure how many players WEBO will lose, but they are always well coached and they will compete without a doubt.  Especially with Wright still at QB.

Crawfordsville and Frankfort will struggle again this year, but hopefully their play will improve and they will get more kids involved in the programs.

How will Lebanon be next year?

Webo will need some receivers to step up. Other than Kernodle, they lose the rest.  Cortez and Hole will probably have to go both ways.  On defense, obviously Weakley will be tough replace along with Deetz and Shallenbarger.  

Danville will have to figure out who is QB.  Stevens will be a junior and he was solid on the JV.  They’ll have Schubert at RB.  They return some youth on defense with Wooten and Dutra.  They lose 3 good Offensive linemen.  

Tri-West will need to figure out the OL situation. Lost 3 starters and a backup to graduation.  Replacing Van Slyke and his production will be difficult.  I’m guessing Hendershot will fill some of that role.  Defense should be set.  Lost 2 starting safeties.  But lots of experience returning on D.  Ross, Cora, West, Covey, Depinet, Saylor, Catt, Hogan all returning starters.

Not sure on rest of conference.

8 minutes ago, superjay said:

Webo will need some receivers to step up. Other than Kernodle, they lose the rest.  Cortez and Hole will probably have to go both ways.  On defense, obviously Weakley will be tough replace along with Deetz and Shallenbarger.  

Danville will have to figure out who is QB.  Stevens will be a junior and he was solid on the JV.  They’ll have Schubert at RB.  They return some youth on defense with Wooten and Dutra.  They lose 3 good Offensive linemen.  

Tri-West will need to figure out the OL situation. Lost 3 starters and a backup to graduation.  Replacing Van Slyke and his production will be difficult.  I’m guessing Hendershot will fill some of that role.  Defense should be set.  Lost 2 starting safeties.  But lots of experience returning on D.  Ross, Cora, West, Covey, Depinet, Saylor, Catt, Hogan all returning starters.

I think Max and Casey will go both ways covering the loss of Deetz and Patrick and Cortez and Connor will go both ways 

18 hours ago, superjay said:

Garrity who will be a Jr. should see some action at TE, I could see Blake Culley & Mitch Miller as a slot/receiver.  Casey Baird & Elliot Young also.  Wethington, Cortez, Hole, Josh Benson, Luke Marsh, Freeman are back defensively.  There are pieces in the current Freshman/Sophomore class that got a lot of playing time last year that will step up... And the incoming Freshman class is REALLY good.

Edited by 1st_and_10
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Knight said:

WEBO seems to be returning quite a bit.  Could they be better next year than they were this year?

Hard to tell if they will be better, Webo lost 13 Seniors... It will be different... Not many 2A teams can do what Webo did last year and 2 platoon... Very few kids played both ways and those that did, weren't full time players both ways. 

• 3 weeks later...

I don't think it's other sports taking over as much as it is kids flocking to 'successful' sports from those that are struggling, and maybe that's what you meant.  Kids want to win and experience the emotions that come with winning.  I think we all do if we have the choice.  And yes, it will take getting the right coach and the upper echelon of athletes on the football field to change the situation.  

39 minutes ago, CoachGerold said:

Welcome Coach Schlicher to Crawfordsville High School.

http://www.journalreview.com/sports/article_5f0669a2-407c-11e9-a3b0-9700c765fee3.html

Assuming some sort of relation to former North Montgomery stud QB BJ Schlicher who graduated in the late 90's?  I believe he was runner-up for Mr. Football as well but opted to play baseball after high school.    

Edited by XStar

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...