Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Sagamore Conference 2019

On 10/20/2019 at 10:40 PM, XStar said:

Congratulations to Western Boone on a 2nd straight undefeated Sagamore Conference season in a row and being the first program to win the conference 9 times.  Not bad for being the smallest school in it.  

Now my 3 questions for the postseason.

1.  Can Western Boone make another deep run in 2A?  I think losing some of their depth from last season has certainly weakened the defense a little bit and the wide receivers are not as sure-handed as last year's group.  But they are solid on both lines and if Spencer Wright plays well they are going to be a tough out for anyone.

2.  How far can the winner of the Danville/Tri-West game go?  Indian Creek and Ritter could also have something to say about the winner of Sectional 29 but whoever gets out of that sectional looks to be a solid favorite against whoever gets out of Sectional 30.  They could find themselves in the semi-state championship and an upset away from the state finals.

3.  Can Lebanon beat Western?  Western Boone fans have a unique perspective on this game having played both teams and having their only loss to Western.  Western probably exposed a couple of weaknesses in that week 2 win and caught WeBo off guard but they've done little since then to impress.  If the Tigers come to play, I think they can take this one and play for a sectional title.  

I will say that I saw this possibility (see #2 above) since the sectional draw.  I actually thought it would be Tri-West instead of Danville since they won the regular season matchup and Danville didn't really come into the playoffs on a high note either but I thought the winner of their game was probably the favorite to win the sectional and regional.