Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Who is Indiana's most underrated HS Football Coach? It's ;

Guest DT

16 minutes ago, slice60 said:

We always said City was a sleeping giant if they found a top-notch coach. Well, not only did they do that but Mason has surrounded himself with a great group of veteran assistants.

They found a top notch coach in Craig Buzea.  Buz started the turnaround and then Mason finished the job.  

Just now, slice60 said:

In between Buzea & Mason, City had 2 coaches who won a total of 12 games in 6 seasons.

They were making good progress under Buz, then he bolted for HF

13 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I'm going to go with Kurt Tippmann. You don't hear his name thrown out there much outside of northeast Indiana (at least I don't) but he's in season 11 as a head coach (all at Snider) and has a 110-24 record. Of all the current coaches out there that have coached 10+ years, only four have won 80% of their games or more (Tippmann, Reed May of Brownstown Central, Brian Moore of Parke Heritage, and Cory Yeoman of Penn). Tippmann's Snider Panthers are in the third toughest conference in the state and he's one of three head coaches that have knocked off a Kyle Ralph-led New Palestine squad. Add in a 2015 5A state title and he's at the top of my list. Hard to deny what he's done.

If Warren beats Ben Davis and Pike in the next 2 weeks, I believe Jayson West joins that group as well.

What Kurt Tippmann has done at Snider is certainly impressive. Beating New Pal alone is really good work 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Wedgebuster said:

What about Jeff Adamson at Eastbrook? 270-88 in year 31.  Plenty of consistency at a smaller public school.  Very hard to not feel the talent gaps in a school that size, but every year he has them competing for a Sectional. 

GREAT call.

14 hours ago, NEIFootballGuy said:

One from NE Indiana that does really nice job and deserves to be mentioned. Mike Mosser from Adams Central always has good teams and AC probably would have at least one more state title if Pioneer hadn't been so dominant.

And how about the job he's done so far this year? My goodness. After all the kids they lost to graduation from last year's team, it's like they haven't missed a beat. The win over Monroe Central was an eye-opener. Looking forward to their week 6 match-up with South Adams. Hopefully everyone stays healthy on both teams.

• Like 1

Tim Miller at Lapel.  Been there 7 years, constant improvement. 

Last 3 years has had solid teams.

2016 lost in Sectional championship to eventual state champions Ritter.

2017 lost to Eastbrook in the Regional.

2018 lost to Eastbrook ( State Run Up ) in Regional.

Seems to be doing things right.

13 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I believe I said a "Kyle Ralph-led New Palestine squad". So that's only three. I was very careful with how I phrased it. lol

Yes indeed !!    Good stuff Pal   

:classic_laugh:

Though in all honestly, if anyone coach or player has been fortunate enough to be involved with the game can tell you, EVERYONE WINS that week.   Such a great experience across the board. 

• Like 1

On 9/16/2019 at 8:43 PM, superjay said:

I've always admired the job Ryan Good does at Attica.  11 seasons without a losing record.  At a school that small, you would expect a drop off at some point.

Absolutely!  

17 kids on his roster in 2018 and in the Sectional Championship.  Lost to State Runner-Up North Vermillion. 

I heard rumors that they didn't even have summer weights this off-season and he is still 3-1 with the only loss a 20 point L vs Parke Heritage(Their closest game thus far).

You can quote a weak conference schedule, but the competition in the WRC the last 4 years is as good as I've ever seen it, regardless of what the scoreboards have said, and Ryan Good is the most Underrated coach in the Wabash Valley by far!

1 hour ago, Cow Bell said:

24 hours later /  2 post and no Love for my man Steve Moorman. What say You?

I 1,000% agree with this!!!

Steve lives down the road from us in our neighborhood.  Every chance I get to speak with him is a pleasure.  He always has very positive things to say about the young men that he coaches and has coached.  

What he has done at IPS schools is very impressive!

• Like 1

Since I haven't seen his name on here, I'll say it. Mike Goebel! He has success year after year. He coaches a 2A team in a conference comprised of mainly 4A & 5A schools. In 21 years he has had one losing season. He has a state championship, multiple semi-state, regional and sectional championships.  As much success as he has had as a football coach, his career record as a wrestling coach is even more impressive! I copied and pasted those stats below.

As a wrestling coach, Goebel has set a precedent unlike any coach in the state of Indiana, and his teams head to head match record of 533-14-2 is the national record for winning percentage. Goebel has an elusive 29 City Championships, 29 Sectional Titles, 29 Regional Titles, 22 Semi-State Titles, and 12 State Titles with 1 runner-up. Coach Goebel’s run of 29 straight regionals is a state record, and his 12 state titles is the state record.

The man just knows how to coach!

• Like 1

On 9/17/2019 at 10:00 AM, Coach Nowlin said:

4 Head Coaches!!!    Chris Meeks led North All Star team defeated Kyle Ralph led South All Star Team  Summer of 2015!!    :classic_laugh::classic_biggrin:

AD/Transportation/HC of Frontier,  out of the classroom and there is some charm to coaching a small rural school compared to big city school in Evansville.    Lots go into decisions like this , most of them have nothing to do with actual football 

I believe one of Troy's sons is a student at Purdue. He's from New Castle, went from Owen Valley to Greenfield-Central to be closer to home, left there after winning a conference title in his first year, but then had a couple of down years. He had a *great* run at South Putnam. IIRC, he left coaching when his son was playing at Plainfield, then got back in after he graduated. Frontier, obviously, is a lot closer to Lafayette than Evansville. Some coaches really enjoy the 1A environment. Troy is a fantastic coach and a great guy. 

• Like 1