• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SAC week 5

On 9/17/2019 at 10:46 AM, jakone said:

Carroll at Dwenger

Concordia at Nothrop

Luers at North Side

Snider at Homestead

South Side at Wayne

Should be the most competitive week of the season.

Carroll over BD

Concordia over Bruins 

Homestead over Snider

North over BL

Wayne over South.

Hate to pick against My Saints but something seem off. I have not figured it out yet.

I pick Homestead to when the bell in preseason.  I told you about Hardwick... I know him personally and I stuck around to congratulate him after his 200 yard night.

Carroll at Dwenger - This will be a good game. I think Carroll will give Dwenegr all they can handle. On other hand, Dwenger doesn't want to lose two in a row at home. I'll go with the Saints in OT by 3.

Concordia at Nothrop - Northrop good "middle" pack of league team but Concordia will get them by 14 +/- 3

Luers at North Side - QB change for the the Redskins may be difference in game, I'll take the "Skins" by 6

Snider at Homestead - Tough call for me, heart says Snider, gut says Sparty. I consider the dominance for the Panthers vs the desire for Homestead to put ghosts of past behind them. I'm saying Sparty by 10

South Side at Wayne - Battle for bottom of the barrel, Wayne has more O than the Archers, Generals by 20

The Snider/Homestead game is subject to further consideration.

Edited by psaboy

Carroll over Dwenger - The Saints are coming off of a big game against Homestead and probably don't realize how good Carroll is. The Chargers were an extra point away from sending the Panthers to overtime, yet know one really want's to add them to the discussion as the SAC's best. Carroll by 10.

Homestead over Snider - The Spartan's just beat a team that, in my opinion, is better than Snider. Dwenger's probably bigger, faster, and has a better defense than Snider.  Homestead by 14

Concordia over Northrop - Concordia has a good team. They are battle tested. They lost to Homestead and Snider and will probably go down to Carroll. They will handle everyone else and be battle tested to start the 3a tournament. Concordia by 10

South over Wayne - I'm not I've witnessed a collapse in one year like I've seen at Wayne. I'm rooting for the Archers. I want to see this program turn the corner. South by 7

North over Luers - North Side has some fight in them, probably more so than Luers at this point. North by 7.

On 9/18/2019 at 5:56 PM, Mebuck said:

Carroll over BD

Concordia over Bruins 

Homestead over Snider

North over BL

Wayne over South.

Hate to pick against My Saints but something seem off. I have not figured it out yet.

I pick Homestead to when the bell in preseason.  I told you about Hardwick... I know him personally and I stuck around to congratulate him after his 200 yard night.

Yes, something is off indeed. 

11 hours ago, New Money said:

Yes, something is off indeed. 

It's not like they looked bad last week. There is no shame in losing to Homestead. Two redzone turnovers and a crucial penalty made a 21 point difference in the game. 

3 hours ago, BTF said:

It's not like they looked bad last week. There is no shame in losing to Homestead. Two redzone turnovers and a crucial penalty made a 21 point difference in the game. 

I don't think anyone is ashamed. It's just that the turnovers and penalties are somewhat unusual. There were some questionable game management tactics and personnel decisions. And finally, there seemed to be a lack of urgency and intensity during several stretches of the game. Also not trying to take anything away from the Spartans. They are a legit good football team and it will take a nearly mistake free game for someone to beat them if they play like they did last Friday night.  My gut tells me that this was an anomaly and they will be back on track tonight at home against the Chargers. 

Edited by New Money

1 hour ago, New Money said:

I don't think anyone is ashamed. It's just that the turnovers and penalties are somewhat unusual. There were some questionable game management tactics and personnel decisions. And finally, there seemed to be a lack of urgency and intensity during several stretches of the game. Also not trying to take anything away from the Spartans. They are a legit good football team and it will take a nearly mistake free game for someone to beat them if they play like they did last Friday night.  My gut tells me that this was an anomaly and they will be back on track tonight at home against the Chargers. 

They better be. And they better put their best foot forward. If not they will be on a two game losing steak. Carroll, Snider, Homestead, and Dwenger are playing on the same level right now. 

49 minutes ago, BLKnights7 said:

Been awhile sense Snider got it handed to them like this. Surprising to say the least.

Not really a surprise. Snider just doesn't match up well against Luke Goode. When his career is over, he'll be 4-0 against Snider. 

8 minutes ago, BLKnights7 said:

I picked homestead number one beginning of season. Just surprised Snider couldn't hang with them as tough is all. 

It's really all about Luke Goode. He gave Snider fits last year. The difference being Snider not able to force any turnovers tonight. Homestead literally had the ball 7 times and scored 7 touchdowns. Kudos to them. Definitely Homesteads year. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BTF said:

It's really all about Luke Goode. He gave Snider fits last year. The difference being Snider not able to force any turnovers tonight. Homestead literally had the ball 7 times and scored 7 touchdowns. Kudos to them. Definitely Homesteads year. 

Id have to agree. Goode is very good.

5 minutes ago, jakone said:

Is this Luers worst team ever?

Hard to say. The SAC is absolutely stacked this year. I consider North Side to be a good football team. They just had the misfortune of opening against Snider, Dwenger, and Carroll. As I said in another post, those three teams would do the same thing to 90% of the state. I just can't say that a 5 point loss to North Side is any reason to believe that this is Luers worst team ever. 

33 minutes ago, BLKnights7 said:

Didn't get out first win in 2013 until sectional. Guess we will find out still plenty of ball left to play.

Worst loss that year was 34 point loss. This year Luers has lost by 42 and 51 and still have Snider and Dwenger coming up.