Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 5 in the MIC/HCC

6-2 last week and 30-10 overall (one game ahead of Neddenriep).

MIC:

Center Grove @ North Central - A true toss up game in my opinion as I think every week that passes means Steele is more likely to play as he has been practicing according to people I have spoken to.  NC won at CG last year for the first time in an eternity and CG has revenge on its minds.  I see this one coming down to the last possession though.  Gimme NC 20-17 in a "slight" upset.

Lawrence Central @ Pike - I have NO clue what to expect from LC at this point as I inflated expectations for the Bears from the get go and have been wrong nearly every week.  I thought their win over LN would catapult them to a battle with Warren that just never came to fruition.  Pike continues to improve and I see them pulling this one out.  Gimme Pike 33-24.

Lawrence North @ Carmel - Lawrence North looked like an upper half MIC team after the first couple of weeks but have come crashing back down to earth since.  Carmel rolls here 27-13.

Warren Central @ Ben Davis - Two programs headed in opposite directions, which makes me sad as this used to be the premier rivalry in big boy football.  BD surely remembers last season's regular season trip to the east side but will it matter?  They cannot continue to turn the ball over and expect to remain competitive, let alone win.  This one will be one sided once the home crowd energy wears off.  Warren wins on the road 34-14.

HCC: 

Fishers @ Brownsburg - This is a VERY underrated game as the Tigers are ready to prove that they may be the forgotten team in the conference and has the Dogs fresh off of a rivalry loss in which their offense was shut down by Avon.  Meanwhile, Fishers is riding high after a rivalry win of their own.  That being said, Brownsburg's talent and home field wins out.  Brownsburg 24-20.

Franklin Central @ Avon - The up and comers versus the established contenders.  Avon will need to keep their eyes open as FC is vastly improved and they will be coming off of a rivalry win too.  They cannot take the Flashes lightly.  Avon still prevails.  27-14.

Westfield @ Hamilton Southeastern - A true pick em game in my opinion. Westfield is the better team, HSE is at home.  I'll take the Rocks to win but am not extremely confident in this pick.  'Rocks win 20-13.

Zionsville @ Noblesville - Noblesville HAS to have this one to prove to their fan base that they are pointed in the right direction.  Zionsville has been slightly disappointing in their own right.  Both teams need this one badly.  I'll take the Eagles 27-17.

40 minutes ago, Temptation said:

MIC:

Center Grove @ North Central - A true toss up game in my opinion as I think every week that passes means Steele is more likely to play as he has been practicing according to people I have spoken to.  NC won at CG last year for the first time in an eternity and CG has revenge on its minds.  I see this one coming down to the last possession though.  Gimme NC 20-17 in a "slight" upset.

Lawrence Central @ Pike - I have NO clue what to expect from LC at this point as I inflated expectations for the Bears from the get go and have been wrong nearly every week.  I thought their win over LN would catapult them to a battle with Warren that just never came to fruition.  Pike continues to improve and I see them pulling this one out.  Gimme Pike 33-24.

Lawrence North @ Carmel - Lawrence North looked like an upper half MIC team after the first couple of weeks but have come crashing back down to earth since.  Carmel rolls here 27-13.

Warren Central @ Ben Davis - Two programs headed in opposite directions, which makes me sad as this used to be the premier rivalry in big boy football.  BD surely remembers last season's regular season trip to the east side but will it matter?  They cannot continue to turn the ball over and expect to remain competitive, let alone win.  This one will be one sided once the home crowd energy wears off.  Warren wins on the road 34-14.

HCC: 

Fishers @ Brownsburg - This is a VERY underrated game as the Tigers are ready to prove that they may be the forgotten team in the conference and has the Dogs fresh off of a rivalry loss in which their offense was shut down by Avon.  Meanwhile, Fishers is riding high after a rivalry win of their own.  That being said, Brownsburg's talent and home field wins out.  Brownsburg 24-20.

Franklin Central @ Avon - The up and comers versus the established contenders.  Avon will need to keep their eyes open as FC is vastly improved and they will be coming off of a rivalry win too.  They cannot take the Flashes lightly.  Avon still prevails.  27-14.

Westfield @ Hamilton Southeastern - A true pick em game in my opinion. Westfield is the better team, HSE is at home.  I'll take the Rocks to win but am not extremely confident in this pick.  'Rocks win 20-13.

Zionsville @ Noblesville - Noblesville HAS to have this one to prove to their fan base that they are pointed in the right direction.  Zionsville has been slightly disappointing in their own right.  Both teams need this one badly.  I'll take the Eagles 27-17.

FC coming off of a rivalry win?? When did Zville and FC become rivals? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, QB said:

FC coming off of a rivalry win?? When did Zville and FC become rivals? 

I can see where you thought that was my point.  Poor writing skills on my part.  AVON is coming off of a big rivalry win.  (The "too" was a continuation from the Brownsburg write-up above.)  Sorry.

Edited by Guest

I know this has nothing to do with this week, but this is something I think would be very cool to do.  That in the future  you get the MIC and the HCC to play in a challenge week, sort of like what the ACC and Big Ten do with basketball  You could do this week 2 and have 1 threw 8 play each other or have a blind draw on what teams get to play each other,  Some might say well who gets home field,  This is one way it could be done is one year all MIC is home the next is HCC

2 minutes ago, Trojanmp52 said:

I know this has nothing to do with this week, but this is something I think would be very cool to do.  That in the future  you get the MIC and the HCC to play in a challenge week, sort of like what the ACC and Big Ten do with basketball  You could do this week 2 and have 1 threw 8 play each other or have a blind draw on what teams get to play each other,  Some might say well who gets home field,  This is one way it could be done is one year all MIC is home the next is HCC

I also think that would be something nice, but I don’t think that the scheduling would work out. It would be something nice to have though

If something else I would like  to see happens it would help,  If you was to move the start of the season up a week.  For class 1 -4 will they will add bye week and 5 and 6 will get to add a game due to the fact most of them get a bye first week of the playoffs.  This way all Class play the same amount of games

Edited by Trojanmp52

4 hours ago, Trojanmp52 said:

I don't think it'll ever happen. A lot of the MIC teams already play at least one HCC team. The ones who don't have supplemented their conference schedule with out of state powers (Trinity) or other marquee programs (New Pal, etc). 

It's an intriguing idea though. 

On 9/17/2019 at 12:01 PM, Temptation said:

MIC:

Center Grove @ North Central - A true toss up game in my opinion as I think every week that passes means Steele is more likely to play as he has been practicing according to people I have spoken to.  NC won at CG last year for the first time in an eternity and CG has revenge on its minds.  I see this one coming down to the last possession though.  Gimme NC 20-17 in a "slight" upset.  NO Upset here, NC has been  bit overrated all year.  CG by 10.

Lawrence Central @ Pike - I have NO clue what to expect from LC at this point as I inflated expectations for the Bears from the get go and have been wrong nearly every week.  I thought their win over LN would catapult them to a battle with Warren that just never came to fruition.  Pike continues to improve and I see them pulling this one out.  Gimme Pike 33-24. I'll take LC by 6.... A bit of a grudge Game for LC.

Lawrence North @ Carmel - Lawrence North looked like an upper half MIC team after the first couple of weeks but have come crashing back down to earth since.  Carmel rolls here 27-13. Carmel wins here.

Warren Central @ Ben Davis - Two programs headed in opposite directions, which makes me sad as this used to be the premier rivalry in big boy football.  BD surely remembers last season's regular season trip to the east side but will it matter?  They cannot continue to turn the ball over and expect to remain competitive, let alone win.  This one will be one sided once the home crowd energy wears off.  Warren wins on the road 34-14.  Warren wins in a rout here.

HCC: 

Fishers @ Brownsburg - This is a VERY underrated game as the Tigers are ready to prove that they may be the forgotten team in the conference and has the Dogs fresh off of a rivalry loss in which their offense was shut down by Avon.  Meanwhile, Fishers is riding high after a rivalry win of their own.  That being said, Brownsburg's talent and home field wins out.  Brownsburg 24-20.  Fishers has been a surprise thus far, but don't get it done this week. Dogs win a close one.

Franklin Central @ Avon - The up and comers versus the established contenders.  Avon will need to keep their eyes open as FC is vastly improved and they will be coming off of a rivalry win too.  They cannot take the Flashes lightly.  Avon still prevails.  27-14.  FC is improving, bur would have to get some breaks to beat Avon. 

Really??

Zionsville @ Noblesville - Noblesville HAS to have this one to prove to their fan base that they are pointed in the right direction.  Zionsville has been slightly disappointing in their own right.  Both teams need this one badly.  I'll take the Eagles 27-17. Noblesville defense is not bad and will contain the Eagles run game.  Can the Eagles throw this week?? Zionsville scores just enough to win.