Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
djbowzz

CIC Week 5

Recommended Posts

The dust has settled at Panther Stadium, and Eastbrook came out on top of a great battle for "Frank".  Looked good on the interwebs, although the commentating was rough....

Alexandria came out on top vs the up and coming Argylls.

Is Blackford the real Deal this season?  Coach Sehy has got that team rolling!

Week 5 matchups and thoughts.....

Alexandria @ Blackford - Match up of the week...  Battle at the top of the CIC.  I am going with Blackford on this one, Defense and clock management for the Bruins win.

Frankton @ Elwood - Who will get the 1st win of the season?  Elwood may score their first CIC points this season, but I'll take Frankton for the win.

Madison-Grant @ Mississinewa -  Unfortunately for the Argylls in this county rival the get to meet an angry squad coming off of a loss, as they did in week 3.  Indians by as much as they want.

Oak Hill @ Eastbrook - Coming off a big win for the Panthers they don't let off the pedal.  Last game of their homestand, 3rd county rival, going for that Grant 4 sweep.  No rest for the wicked, starters resting early in this game.

 

Good luck to all this week and an injury free Friday night!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexandria at Blackford--Blackford is improving and seems to have things clicking.  Alexandria is good but as usual it depends on which team decides to show up for the game.  In the end Blackford pulls out the win.

Frankton at Elwood--This is the battle for last place in the conference.  Elwood is trying to figure things out still with the new coach.  Frankton has some talent but can't seem to find it to put together a win.  This week Frankton wins their first and probably only game of the season.

Madison-Grant at Missisinewa--Mississinewa's homecoming night and are coming off of a tough loss.  MG is much improved from the last couple of years.  Mississinewa is just too quick, big, and strong for MG as Mississinewa runs away with the win.

Oak Hill at Eastbrook--Somehow Eastbrook had their first 2 games on the road and the first 3 conference games at home.  That is a very favorable schedule for CIC play.  Eastbrook knocked off Missisinewa last week in a close game.  Oak Hill beat Elwood last week to get a some confidence heading into this week.  It is Eastbrook's homecoming so they will be pumped.  Could Oak Hill play the spoiler at Eastbrook?  Probably not as Eastbrook cruises to the win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexandria @ Blackford: This game will come down to who can make the least amount of mistakes. Neither Blackford or Alexandria can stop much on Defense! So who scores the most? Flip a coin on this one.

Frankton @ Elwood: Frankton will win this by 4-5 scores depending on what Frankton team shows up. 

Mg @Ole Miss: Mg is not improved from last year. In fact they are much weaker in talent! Losing Stewart and Cates has left them vulnerable. They will try to turn game into a street fight. Team is dirty! Ole Miss wins by whatever they decide by!

Oak hill @ Eastbrook:  Eastbrook is on its way to cic championship! Unless Alexandria or Blackford can find a way to shock Eastbrook and Ole Miss it is over. Oak hill is well coached but kids these days are soft and will move instead of working hard. Eastbrook by 7-8 scores

Edited by GV5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexandria @ Blackford - This is going to be a good game! Alex has a good offense and the Metz kid is a really good player! Sehy seems to have Blackford really clicking. I agree and think it will come down to who can make the most defensive stops and control the clock and I think Blackford will do that better this week. Blackford by 7-14

Frankton @ Elwood - Frankton gets their first and only win of the season. Frankton by 3 scores. 

MG @ Ole Miss - MG is definitely improved from recent years and are very similar in talent from last year. They still have a ways to go and are probably only a 2-3 win team this season but are definitely much improved and most definitely not Dirty lol. But in this one Ole Miss is much bigger and much more talented and will run away with it. Ole Miss by as much as they want. 

Oak Hill @ Eastbrook - Eastbrook keeps things rolling and are on their way to a CIC title as long as they don’t slip up and I don’t see that happening. Eastbrook by as many as they want. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

BLACKFORD  Gets the win here, Sehy's ball control and time management help the Bruins prevail.

FRANKTON Still gets over Elwood.

OLE MISS Over my winless Argylls, pick your reason they are many.

EASTBROOK Rolls, sorry for doubting you last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I concur with everyone's picks.  1240 WHBU online will broadcast Frankton at Elwood Friday night if you'd like to tune into the stink fest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very interested in the Blackford-Alexandria game. Winner could be playing for a share of the CIC. Don’t really know much about either team. I do know that this Alexandria senior class beat Eastbrooks senior class in junior high, both 7th and 8th grade. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, panther10 said:

Very interested in the Blackford-Alexandria game. Winner could be playing for a share of the CIC. Don’t really know much about either team. I do know that this Alexandria senior class beat Eastbrooks senior class in junior high, both 7th and 8th grade. 

You bring up an interesting point here. I think this speaks volumes for the program Adamson has built. Taking a group of kids who lost to the likes of Alexandria as middle schoolers and molding them into a top-5 2A squad (who just took down a ranked 4A team) is extremely impressive. Yes, this Alexandria senior class is more talented than traditional Tiger squads and the Panthers probably have more talented sophomores and juniors but still, what a maturation in just a few short years. Back in my day,  Elwood had several undefeated/highly successful middle school squads who beat the likes of Tipton, Anderson, Mississinewa, and Hamilton Heights only to get spanked by those same teams just a few years later. Our stud players seemed to be ditching the gridiron in favor of fat chicks, cigarettes, and juvenile while the Eastbrooks and Tiptons of the world were seemingly always able to retain their core. I really respect programs who are able to maintain that type of roster retention. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alexandria at Blackford-- This should be a good match up.  I am going to with Blackford by 7.  Injuries could determine this game.

Frankton at Elwood-- This is huge!  Eastbrook fans will be watching this match closely.  The winner of this game has the potential to upset Eastbrook and take away their chance at an outright CIC title.............  just kidding Eastbrook beats both of these teams by 50!  Thanks goodness for the mercy rule!!!  Anyway, If Elwood can take an early lead, they have a chance to take this one.  I don't see that happening though.  Frankton wins by 14.

Madison-Grant at Missisinewa-- This won't even be close.  Mississinewa by 35.

Oak Hill at Eastbrook-- This won't be close either.  Eastbrook by 36.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The CIC is increasing game tickets to $6 starting with the upcoming winter sports seasons.  Where does that extra dollar go?  Do other conferences do this too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, halfbackpass said:

You bring up an interesting point here. I think this speaks volumes for the program Adamson has built. Taking a group of kids who lost to the likes of Alexandria as middle schoolers and molding them into a top-5 2A squad (who just took down a ranked 4A team) is extremely impressive. Yes, this Alexandria senior class is more talented than traditional Tiger squads and the Panthers probably have more talented sophomores and juniors but still, what a maturation in just a few short years. Back in my day,  Elwood had several undefeated/highly successful middle school squads who beat the likes of Tipton, Anderson, Mississinewa, and Hamilton Heights only to get spanked by those same teams just a few years later. Our stud players seemed to be ditching the gridiron in favor of fat chicks, cigarettes, and juvenile while the Eastbrooks and Tiptons of the world were seemingly always able to retain their core. I really respect programs who are able to maintain that type of roster retention. 

I'm from Triton, and I can assure you that Coach Brown is a master at convincing boys that the team needs them, and then getting those kids to buy in!  Give him enough time and he'll have the best athletes from the school on the field.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, franktonite said:

The CIC is increasing game tickets to $6 starting with the upcoming winter sports seasons.  Where does that extra dollar go?  Do other conferences do this too?

Not sure of other winter sports yet but the Hoosier Conference mandated $6.00 tickets for football this fall.  I'll ask about other sports.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!

Alexandria with the big win! I like my 2pts please 🙂

Blackford is a great group! Well coached!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, GV5 said:

Down goes Frazier! Down goes Frazier!

Alexandria with the big win! I like my 2pts please 🙂

Blackford is a great group! Well coached!

You seem awfully excited about a third place finish in the conference.

  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

You seem awfully excited about a third place finish in the conference.

You are right! Because you all had Alex alot worse than that! This 2020 class has a plenty of talent and with coaching catching up on defense it will continue to get better. They have 3 or 4 of the better recievers in the cic and the best qb. Defensively they are young but keep getting better!

 

Again i love watching Blackford and Eastbrook due to coaching! Great teams and great athletes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, GV5 said:

You are right! Because you all had Alex alot worse than that! This 2020 class has a plenty of talent and with coaching catching up on defense it will continue to get better. They have 3 or 4 of the better recievers in the cic and the best qb. Defensively they are young but keep getting better!

 

Again i love watching Blackford and Eastbrook due to coaching! Great teams and great athletes 

I don’t recall having Alexandria down anywhere.  You’re correct, this is a great class and a good team.  I just don’t think third place in the conference is anything to be bragging about.  The Tigers shouldn’t be happy with football until they win some sort of title.  I mean really, why can’t the football team experience success like the baseball team?  It is a mind set, that starts with the coaches and players.  Never settle for third place.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m rooting for the Tigers!  It’s just not going to happen this year.  I’m going to take a stab in the dark and say that you are the qb’s dad.  Right?

Edited by captainobvious
  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, captainobvious said:

I don’t recall having Alexandria down anywhere.  You’re correct, this is a great class and a good team.  I just don’t think third place in the conference is anything to be bragging about.  The Tigers shouldn’t be happy with football until they win some sort of title.  I mean really, why can’t the football team experience success like the baseball team?  It is a mind set, that starts with the coaches and players.  Never settle for third place.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m rooting for the Tigers!  It’s just not going to happen this year.

If it don't happen this year it wont happen in the next ten unless other schools become much weaker! You are right the season isn't over nor are the athletes who play 3 sports at little ole Alexandria.  Yes is baseball and basketball stronger on the coaching front absolutely!  The boys are doing what they can before the bottom falls out. This is a great group of boys who can shock some other teams if the coaches allow! They will have to put the best 11 on offense and defense but if they figure it out they can beat anybody!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GV5 said:

If it don't happen this year it wont happen in the next ten unless other schools become much weaker! You are right the season isn't over nor are the athletes who play 3 sports at little ole Alexandria.  Yes is baseball and basketball stronger on the coaching front absolutely!  The boys are doing what they can before the bottom falls out. This is a great group of boys who can shock some other teams if the coaches allow! They will have to put the best 11 on offense and defense but if they figure it out they can beat anybody!

Let’s not get carried away dad!  They can’t beat anybody.  Your passion is great, but let’s be realistic.

  • Like 1
  • Disdain 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, GV5 said:

If it don't happen this year it wont happen in the next ten unless other schools become much weaker! You are right the season isn't over nor are the athletes who play 3 sports at little ole Alexandria.  Yes is baseball and basketball stronger on the coaching front absolutely!  The boys are doing what they can before the bottom falls out. This is a great group of boys who can shock some other teams if the coaches allow! They will have to put the best 11 on offense and defense but if they figure it out they can beat anybody!

The CIC is not a very good conference save for Mississinewa/Eastbrook....Madison-Grant, Frankton, Elwood, and Oak Hill are a combined 2-18...Eastbrook and Missinewa beat up on all of the CIC and then two other teams tend to beat up on the the bottom four and get blown out by Mississinewa/Eastbrook....looks like its Alex and Blackford this year.  It will rotate next year into two other teams battling it out for #3 and #4.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, irishuncle411 said:

The CIC is not a very good conference save for Mississinewa/Eastbrook....Madison-Grant, Frankton, Elwood, and Oak Hill are a combined 2-18...Eastbrook and Missinewa beat up on all of the CIC and then two other teams tend to beat up on the the bottom four and get blown out by Mississinewa/Eastbrook....looks like its Alex and Blackford this year.  It will rotate next year into two other teams battling it out for #3 and #4.

I agree you are right! If Alexandria can put 4 quarters together i think they can steal a win!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, captainobvious said:

Let’s not get carried away dad!  They can’t beat anybody.  Your passion is great, but let’s be realistic.

You are right dad! But if they can work there ass off they can make some noise! 

Edited by GV5
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Maynard111 said:

Not sure of other winter sports yet but the Hoosier Conference mandated $6.00 tickets for football this fall.  I'll ask about other sports.

Asked our AD about ticket prices, football is the only sport the Hoosier Conference has mandated to be $6.00 and Kory was the lone vote against it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really GV5!  You’re going back and down voting all my posts??  Grow up DAD!!!  You are embarrassing yourself and your son!!  I guess I shouldn’t expect anything else from you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...