Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Circle City Conference v. Conference Indiana 2019

Last year the Circle City Conference won 6 games and lost 4 games in inter-conference play.  

So far this year, Conference Indiana is 2-0 versus its Circle City Conference rivals.

This weekend features two more inter-conference games: Chatard v. Southport and Guerin v. Columbus North.

In those games last year, Chatard defeated Southport and Guerin defeated Columbus North in what I thought was one of the bigger upsets of the season last year.

Any predictions on these two games specifically or how these two conferences will fare overall against one another this season?

Chatard     35

Southport     9

Southport was missing their starting QB and 2 of their best defensive players (as I understand).  That said, it is probably the flattest I have seen Chatard play so far this year.

Guerin        21

Columbus North  7

Two years in a row that Guerin has won this game.  Guerin will play Chatard next week at Guerin.  This was a very competitive game last year.

Currently, Conference Indiana and the Circle City Conference are tied at 2 wins and 2 losses each.

On 9/20/2019 at 11:12 PM, Lysander said:

Guerin        21
Columbus North  7
Two years in a row that Guerin has won this game.  Guerin will play Chatard next week at Guerin.  This was a very competitive game last year.

A genuinely impressive Guerin win. It was a good old-fashioned slobber-knocker for most of the game. No scoring in the first half. Guerin defense looked pretty good.

I don't think that this is a year where Guerin can knock off Chatard, but hoping for a competitive homecoming game. 

• 4 weeks later...

In light of these two conferences being discussed elsewhere - I revived this thread.

Going into the final week of the regular season the CCC/CI cross conference games stand at 5 wins for the CCC and 2 wins for the CI.  Both of the CCC wins are against Roncalli (wins by Columbus North and Southport).  Chatard (2-0), Brebeuf (1-0)and Guerin (1-0) are undefeated vs.CI teams.

The final cross conference games this weekend are:

Bloomington South v. Chatard (at Chatard) - this will be South’s only game this year vs. the CCC 

Terre Haute North v. Brebeuf (at Brebeuf)

I’m going to favor both the CCC teams putting the final cross conference results at 7-2 favoring the CCC.

Any other predictions/thoughts?  

Haven’t seen much from Muledriver this Fall - who is a long-time follower of the CI.

8 hours ago, Lysander said:

In light of these two conferences being discussed elsewhere - I revived this thread.

Going into the final week of the regular season the CCC/CI cross conference games stand at 5 wins for the CCC and 2 wins for the CI.  Both of the CCC wins are against Roncalli (wins by Columbus North and Southport).  Chatard (2-0), Brebeuf (1-0)and Guerin (1-0) are undefeated vs.CI teams.

The final cross conference games this weekend are:

Bloomington South v. Chatard (at Chatard) - this will be South’s only game this year vs. the CCC 

Terre Haute North v. Brebeuf (at Brebeuf)

I’m going to favor both the CCC teams putting the final cross conference results at 7-2 favoring the CCC.

Any other predictions/thoughts?  

Haven’t seen much from Muledriver this Fall - who is a long-time follower of the CI.

Sounds about right to me.  Are the CCC vs. CI schedules set for next year yet?

30 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I can confirm not all schedules are set yet.

Why did BHSS only have one crossover game?

Dunno.  I didn’t realize they only had one game until I was looking at the entire series last night.  That said, Guerin had only one crossover game.  Chatard and a Roncalli had 3 each and Brebeuf 2.

18 minutes ago, southend said:

South added crosstown school , Edgewood to their schedule. 

I believe that was a one year deal and replaced Roncalli. Roncalli had to go to Columbus, OH. Roncalli and BHSS had a four year deal that started and ended in 2018. I don't believe either school (Roncalli or BHSS) has a game for week 8 in 2020.

2 hours ago, Lysander said:

Dunno.  If I run into Mike Ford I will ask him.

While you are at it - ask him why he keeps scheduling Guerin JV every year and then they cancel EVERY YEAR due to numbers. However, they ALWAYS cancel the week of the game which leaves the JV squad with one less game - ridiculous and lazy to just copy and paste every year. Definition of insanity, right?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Chatard over Bloomington South 42-7.  I honestly thought BS displayed good individual fundamentals (great hard hitting tacklers!), had good size and a big roster (about 85).  Chatard had some big plays but it’s not as if Chatard just ground BS down.  I can absolutely see BS in the 5A Semistate vs. Cathedral or New Pal if they can get past North.

Brebeuf over Terre Haute North 28-14.  Game was tied at the end of the 3rd Quarter 14-14.  Not sure what that is about.  I’d have thought BJ was 30 points better.

Final results of the cross conference games was the CCC won 7 games of the 9 with the only 2 losses coming from Roncalli.

Also, congrats to Bloomington North in winning the CI Conference in the overtime win vs. Southport.

On a side note, WTH happened to Guerin at Roncalli?  Was Guerin (and Brebeuf) resting guys in lieu of the upcoming Sectional 28 meatgrinder?  

Also, I think Roncalli, despite the rocky season, takes home a Sectional Championship in a few weeks.....maybe even a Regional.

Edited by Lysander
  • Like 1

Roncalli can really push around smaller lines like GC and Secina.  Announcers said GC only had one deffensive starter over 200lbs.  I also think their Sophmores are developing.   Another comment made was that Leffler never played QB until 8th grade year, so he is really learning the position.  (True, I know the family).  He is starting to throw better.

5 hours ago, Lysander said:

Chatard over Bloomington South 42-7.  I honestly thought BS displayed good individual fundamentals (great hard hitting tacklers!), had good size and a big roster (about 85).  Chatard had some big plays but it’s not as if Chatard just ground BS down.  I can absolutely see BS in the 5A Semistate vs. Cathedral or New Pal if they can get past North.

Brebeuf over Terre Haute North 28-14.  Game was tied at the end of the 3rd Quarter 14-14.  Not sure what that is about.  I’d have thought BJ was 30 points better.

Final results of the cross conference games was the CCC won 7 games of the 9 with the only 2 losses coming from Roncalli.

Also, congrats to Bloomington North in winning the CI Conference in the overtime win vs. Southport.

On a side note, WTH happened to Guerin at Roncalli?  Was Guerin (and Brebeuf) resting guys in lieu of the upcoming Sectional 28 meatgrinder?  

Also, I think Roncalli, despite the rocky season, takes home a Sectional Championship in a few weeks.....maybe even a Regional.

Really wanted to see south make a better game of this, struggled at qb all year. I dont see south making it out of their sectional . I needed to see more from them last night I didn't expect a w but wanted to see a respectable 14-21 point or better . . . . . . 42-7 . Granted we know chatard is numero uno in 3 a . Anyways good luck to chatard

18 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

Really wanted to see south make a better game of this, struggled at qb all year. I dont see south making it out of their sectional . I needed to see more from them last night I didn't expect a w but wanted to see a respectable 14-21 point or better . . . . . . 42-7 . Granted we know chatard is numero uno in 3 a . Anyways good luck to chatard

I don’t know if you were there but I saw a lot of good things with South last night.  Chatard is a very opportunistic team.  They tend to score on breakdowns of the other team (if that makes any sense).  I think they are, at core, a lot better team than that final score might seem to indicate.  I wish them well going forward.

As to No. 1 in 3A, I think there are 4-5 teams that win on any given day in 3A.  It’s been a solid class for the last 3 years or so with at least 3-4 teams that would give the best teams trouble whatever their class.

Chatard has had some atypical big fails in playoffs the last few years with some really good teams....not necessarily saying Championship teams but really close to that.  Certainly they have been far better teams than what they demonstrated in the playoff games they lost these last 3-4 years.  We’ll see if they can get back on playoff track starting next week against highly ranked Brebeuf.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MuleDriver said:

@Lysander I did not make it to the game. South puzzles me they had good win here and there this season then nothing for a couple games. Really aren't strong enough at qb,  but I had some high Hope's  for them. Is chatard  home to turn or was that real grass u saw in twitter . 

Chatard was the better team, but those two picks that South threw clearly impacted the final score. But, that's part of football, and when you make mistakes like that, you pay a price and South did.