Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

EIAC Week 6

17 minutes ago, rballart said:

All hats go to EC and their staff. They definitely had their kids ready to play. SD wishes nothing but best on the rest of their season...

As far as all you other joker's go, have fun, most of the stuff is pretty funny...

Classy.

Good job coach!

• Sit and spin 1

2 hours ago, Trojan12 said:

I thought ec couldn't throw?

So did EC’s offense finally show up tonight?  

I saw the score and was surprised!  I didn’t think SD’s offense would score many on EC’s defense but I was surprised at the numbers in offense.  

Also was surprised at how the Dawgs played the Tigers.  Great game by Batesville!  

Playing good football when it counts!  

Edited by Magic 8 Ball

18 minutes ago, Magic 8 Ball said:

Also was surprised at how the Dawgs played the Tigers.  Great game by Batesville!  

The Dawgs earned nothing tonight. Moral victories are for losers. But.....

1. Maybe the offense does fit their personnel.

2. The football program in Batesville is not failing after all. 

I wish the dogs had come out on top, but they didn't. It took a lot of guts for Coach K to go for 2, and the win, rather than kicking the PAT to put the game into OT. Great win Tigers, it was a fun game to watch!!! Best of luck, and we'll see ya Yoon!

No moral victories, but when a team that has been failing almost pulls out a victory against a tough opponent you have to be happy with improvement.  

I would like to see the numbers from SD’s offensive performance...they’ve been impressive, but I wondered how they’d fair against a quality defense in EC.

7 hours ago, Magic 8 Ball said:

No moral victories, but when a team that has been failing almost pulls out a victory against a tough opponent you have to be happy with improvement.

I agree, just wish the Dawgs would have come away with the win. 

I will say this...all the hype over EC vs SD and it was a huge flop. Dawgs vs Tigers have been THE best games in the conference over the past few years!!! 

10 hours ago, Coffin K9 said:

It took a lot of guts for Coach K to go for 2, and the win, rather than kicking the PAT to put the game into OT. Great win Tigers, it was a fun game to watch!!! Best of luck, and we'll see ya Yoon!

I am guessing, because I don't have the stats in front of me, but the Tigers have not been converting PAT's at a high rate - maybe 75-80 percent? This fact made it much easier to go for two.

I will admit this game surprised me. Although Lawrenceburg mostly had it's way with the Dawgs on offense, with the exception of the INT near the end of the first half, the Tiger D didn't have an answer to stop the Batesville offense. The Casket Nation QB hurt the Tigers over and over again.

Although a loss is a loss, Batesville lit up a Tiger D that had been fairly stingy most of the year. Although the Condoms put 30 up on the Tigers earlier, it was mostly the result of turnovers and a couple broken plays. Dog fans should probably be happy with what they saw out of their team last night.

Regarding the River Rat v Condom Nation game....My original prediction of a blowout was dead on and I should have never doubted my original 21+ prediction. Think long, think wrong!

You play to win the game. EC did that....but I wouldn't be celebrating to much. A lot of work to do. The offense needs to find an identity before it's too late. We can't leave our D on the field vs a good team, they will be exposed. If we play a team that can protect the QB, the Trojans are in trouble. 

As far as SD, I would love to see someone come in and install some discipline in that program. They have some tough nosed kids. All respect to RB, but adversity leads to implosion 100% of the time. Fire and brimstone will only take you so far.