Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Homestead sinking fast

18 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

I watched that game. The play calling wasn’t very favorable for Brownsburg’s passing attack. Nothing imaginative. Practically limited to throwing deep balls to the WR heading to Purdue in 2 years. I would take Homestead’s passing O to cause Avon fits IF, big IF, Homestead could handle Avon’s D-Line. That 6’3 TE for Homestead opens up the middle. 

I'll take your word on the play calling if you take mine on the fact that Brownsburg's offense is far and away superior to Homestead's.  They have a D1 QB going to Kansas, a RB going to Ball State and a WR (as you mentioned) go to Purdue.  That's just on the offensive side of the ball.

10 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I'll take your word on the play calling if you take mine on the fact that Brownsburg's offense is far and away superior to Homestead's.  They have a D1 QB going to Kansas, a RB going to Ball State and a WR (as you mentioned) go to Purdue.  That's just on the offensive side of the ball.

That depends on Luke Goode. He’s a 6’5 or 6’6 four star at shooting guard. I’d be curious to see who would offer him if he he told colleges he was playing QB instead of basketball. Their TE is going to Bowling Green and they have a 6’4 Jr. WR who will likely play D1 football. 

I know Brownsburg has the offensive talent, I’m just not a fan of what I saw in the 2nd half against St. X and the entire game against Avon. Passing game was too vanilla and, especially against Avon, they tried forcing the run. Over 30 carries. Avon’s front 7 shut it down all night. FWIW’s, I’m still picking Hamilton Co. in the North. I’m just really intrigued by this Homestead offense. 

47 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I'll take your word on the play calling if you take mine on the fact that Brownsburg's offense is far and away superior to Homestead's.  

And you've been to how many Homestead games?

25 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

That depends on Luke Goode. He’s a 6’5 or 6’6 four star at shooting guard. I’d be curious to see who would offer him if he he told colleges he was playing QB instead of basketball. Their TE is going to Bowling Green and they have a 6’4 Jr. WR who will likely play D1 football. 

Notre Dame, Indiana, Purdue, Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio State, Penn State, Nebraska, Iowa, Minnesota, Clemson, Alabama, USC, Oregon, Auburn, Texas, Georgia, Florida, Florida State, Oklahoma...................just to name a few. 

The Summit is currently disconnected from the rest of the state (no non-conference games). The league's rankings will dramatically change (this year much for the better) in the first week and two of playoffs. No point in discussing it now as the algorithm has no data to go off of in relation to non-Summit teams. Could discuss inter- conference rankings though. 

20 hours ago, hick said:

Check the newset rankings.  Jeff must be having some fun.  Homestead is #156. Luers now #305.  

Yeah, from top ten and laying a beating on a respectable 6A team and they drop 150 points/spots or so?? Tells you these rankings are mostly meaningless. 

Edited by psaboy

10 hours ago, psaboy said:

Carroll and Snider are the two lowest rated 6A teams, go figure :classic_love:

Obviously flawed but I don’t get the fact that they’ve been all over the place and there was a 40 point difference in the ratings over the past couple of weeks.

10 hours ago, psaboy said:

Yeah, from top ten and laying a beating on a respectable 6A team and they drop 150 points/spots or so?? Tells you these rankings are mostly meaningless. 

Yep it is all BS. Who cares about rankings. They only thing that matters is if you win down in LOS.

The offense at Homestead has changed... be interesting to see how they adjust with out Hardwick in the game. Personally know him and feel bad for him. Hopefully he can recover for baseball. 

Edited by Mebuck

31 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

The offense at Homestead has changed... be interesting to see how they adjust with out Hardwick in the game. Personally know him and feel bad for him. Hopefully he can recover for baseball. 

Out for the season? Very unfortunate. 

56 minutes ago, Mebuck said:

Yikes.  The “Temptation curse” continues.  First CG and now Homestead...

I”ll keep my mouth shut moving forward I guess.