Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern 4-1 at Heritage Hills 5-0

History
This is the 43rd meeting between Heritage Hills and Gibson Southern and the Patriots lead the series 31-11, The Patriots also faced three  teams that consolidated into Gibson Southern in the 1972 and 1973 seasons and went 0-2 VS. Fort Branch, 1-1 VS. Haubstadt and 2-0 VS. Owensville. In the first season of Patriot football the Patriots went 9-1 and their only loss was a 15-12 defeat by Fort Branch.

The Titans won the first 3 meetings in the series  beating Roger Snow’s Patriots in 1974, 75 and 76 and the Patriots didn’t beat them for the first time until 1977 the year Bob Ashworth became the Patriots head coach, that season was hall of famer Bob Claytons only season as Offensive Cordinator at Heritage Hills the following
season Ashworth moved onto Evansville Reitz and Clayton took over the Heritage Hills program.. 
The Titans have won 7 of the last 11 meetings starting with a win in 2010 that snapped the Patriots streak of 21 straight wins over the Titans. Heritage Hills and Gibson Southern have played 5 overtime games in the series  including a 7-0 five overtime game  in 1982.

1974 Gibson Southern 27 HH 6
1975 Gibson Southern 16 HH 0 
1976 Gibson Southern 26 HH 0
1977 HH 16 Gibson Southern 0
1978 HH 28 Gibson Southern 8
1979 HH 20 Gibson Southern 0
1980 HH 21 Gibson Southern 15 OT
1981 HH 14 Gibson southern 12
1982 HH 7 Gibson Southern 0 in 5 overtimes
1983 Gibson Southern 22 HH 21 (OT)
1984 HH 7 Gibson Southern 0
1986 Sectional HH 13 Gibson Southern 7
1989 Sectional HH 34 Gibson Southern 13
1993 HH 32 Gibson Southern 7
1994 HH 33 Gibson Southern 19
1995 HH 54 Gibson Southern 14
1996  HH 20 Gibson Southern 3 
1997  HH 42 Gibson Southern 6
1998 HH 32 Gibson Southern 12
1999 HH 54 Gibson Southern 0
2000 HH 63 Gibson Southern 0
2001 HH 40 Gibson Southern 23
2001 Sectional HH 28 Gibson Southern 7
2002 Heritage Hills 63 Gibson Southern 6
2003  Heritage Hills 42 Gibson Southern 0  
2004  Heritage Hills 48 Gibson Southern 7  
2005 Heritage Hills 19 Gibson Southern 7    
2006  Heritage Hills 14 Gibson Southern 13 overtime  
2007  Heritage Hills 27 Gibson Southern 10   
2008  Heritage Hills 49 Gibson Southern 21  
2009  Heritage Hills 41 Gibson Southern 0    
2010  Gibson Southern 35 Heritage Hills 34 (1OT)  
2011  Heritage Hills 27 Gibson Southern 0    
2012 Gibson Southern 14 Heritage Hills 10  
2013  Gibson Southern 50 Heritage Hills 26  
2014  Heritage Hills 38 Gibson Southern 33   
2014 sectional H Hills 14 Gibson Southern 13    
2015 Gibson Southern 42 Heritage Hills 13   
2016 Gibson Southern 38 Heritage Hills 10
2017 Gibson Southern 48 Heritage Hills 7
2018 Heritage Hills 31 Gibson Southern 7
2018 sectional Gibson Southern 24 Heritage Hills 14 

Pre-consolidation 
1972 Heritage Hills 27 Haubstadt 6
1972 Fort Branch 15 Heritage Hills 12 
1972 Heritage Hills 34 Owensville 6
1973 Haubstadt 7 Heritage Hills 6
1973 Fort Branch 14 Heritage Hills 0
1973 Heritage Hills 12 Owensville 0

I find it interesting that Heritage Hills vs Coach Hart is 3-6. But Heritage Hills vs all other GS coaches is 28-5.

just that fact that in 7 years Coach Hart has found a way to get the titans to beat Heritage Hills more times than what the Gibson Southern had done in the 38 years before he became coach. 

Heavyweight matchup this week for sure. A lot of people have been anticipating this matchup for months now. 

On 9/21/2019 at 6:06 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

I find it interesting that Heritage Hills vs Coach Hart is 3-6. But Heritage Hills vs all other GS coaches is 28-5.

just that fact that in 7 years Coach Hart has found a way to get the titans to beat Heritage Hills more times than what the Gibson Southern had done in the 38 years before he became coach. 

Heavyweight matchup this week for sure. A lot of people have been anticipating this matchup for months now. 

Coach Hart's first year as Gibson Southern's coach also was the first year Heritage Hills coaching great Bob Clayton was retired. 

On 9/21/2019 at 5:06 PM, DumfriesYMCA said:

I think this is even more interesting the rest of the conference is something like 2-46 against Hart's teams!!

I am looking forward to this match up Friday night.  I hope it lives up to the hype!!

18 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

I think this is even more interesting the rest of the conference is something like 2-46 against Hart's teams!!

I am looking forward to this match up Friday night.  I hope it lives up to the hype!!

2-46 and those 2 wins came in his first year. Southridge and North Posey 

On 9/21/2019 at 8:55 PM, RocksFan23 said:

I know there's a food thread on this site, but where is a place to eat around Heritage Hills? Thanks for any suggestions

There's a Denny's on 231 back towards 64. You might be able to find something in Dale, if the game gets over pretty quick. I should preface this by saying, we don't eat until after the game. 

Edited by Impartial_Observer

27 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

There's a Denny's on 231 back towards 64. You might be able to find something in Dale, if the game gets over pretty quick. I should preface this by saying, we don't eat until after the game. 

If anyone was planning on fast food from the Wendy's next to the Denny's on 64 it is closed. An 18 wheeler drove through it a few weeks ago.

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Denny's will usually fill with players an hour or two after the game, but should have seats immediately after. There's also a Wendy's. I believe Lincoln Land pizza going by HH is closed and likely wouldn't be open after the game. 

On 231, I would turn right into Dale and stop at Jenks Pizza for a local establishment... Probably best to avoid the Chateau in Mariah Hill after the game or Santa Claus Legion... Although if you are feeling adventurous, go for it. 

3 minutes ago, sr1 said:

If anyone was planning on fast food from the Wendy's next to the Denny's on 64 it is closed. An 18 wheeler drove through it a few weeks ago.

Jenks it is then. I suggest the strombolli. 

4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Denny's will usually fill with players an hour or two after the game, but should have seats immediately after. There's also a Wendy's. I believe Lincoln Land pizza going by HH is closed and likely wouldn't be open after the game. 

On 231, I would turn right into Dale and stop at Jenks Pizza for a local establishment... Probably best to avoid the Chateau in Mariah Hill after the game or Santa Claus Legion... Although if you are feeling adventurous, go for it. 

Jenks it is then. I suggest the strombolli. 

Ferdinand has McDonalds, Wendy's and   Taco Bell . Dale, Santa Claus and Ferdinand all have Subway.

According to Max Preps

Not sure what it means or what affect it will have in the outcome for either team

Stats after 5 games

HH defense 10 interceptions. 

HH 292 rushing yds per game 7.6 per carry. 

HH 277 yds passing 3 passing TD 55.4 yds per game

GS defense 5 interceptions 

GS 1408 yds passing 18 passing TD 281.6 yds per game.

GS 170.6 rushing yds per game 5.8 per carry

45 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

...is there no local pizza place or diner that’s good out in the Santa Claus area? Like something similar to a Sandy’s  pizza or Log Inn? 

Outside of convenience stores there isn't much in the way of restaurants between Heritage Hills and Santa Claus. Hoosier land Pizza and Wings is the closest to the high school  in Santa Claus they have Brick Oven Pizza and a Subway. Cant think of much else but plenty of Pizza options Caseys, Circle S and Stoneridge Station all sell pizza and other food. 

Looks like the predictor tool and CalPreps both have Heritage Hills as a 3 point favorite. 

Heritage Hills (71.3) is a 3-point favorite (1.54-point home-field advantage) against Gibson Southern (69.67)

PROJECT A MATCHUP

[2019] Heritage Hills (Lincoln City, IN) 31, [2019] Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) 28

18 minutes ago, Sacked said:

Looks like the predictor tool and CalPreps both have Heritage Hills as a 3 point favorite. 

Heritage Hills (71.3) is a 3-point favorite (1.54-point home-field advantage) against Gibson Southern (69.67)

PROJECT A MATCHUP

[2019] Heritage Hills (Lincoln City, IN) 31, [2019] Gibson Southern (Fort Branch, IN) 28

Isn’t that home field advantage basically?

im not one to like the predictors much but being a dead even heat between the two seems about right to me. 

Edit- nvm I see the 1.54 home field advantage. Sorry too caught up in NFL home field advantage which is generally 3 

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

IMO, we will learn more about GS than HH this Friday. This was an even matchup a year ago in the sectional semis. We know both teams are fundamentally sound, won’t beat themselves. But if GS is truly above the rest like Memorial was the past two seasons, they should win going away. Not a knock on HH at all, but a rather a testament to GS expectations. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SEAL_63 said:

IMO, we will learn more about GS than HH this Friday. This was an even matchup a year ago in the sectional semis. We know both teams are fundamentally sound, won’t beat themselves. But if GS is truly above the rest like Memorial was the past two seasons, they should win going away. Not a knock on HH at all, but a rather a testament to GS expectations. 

Who is saying GS is above the rest? The AP poll has HH at 3rd and GS at 5th. The coaches poll has GS at 3rd and HH at 4th. All the prediction tools have this game within 3 points. This game could very easily come down to a one score game between 2 of the best teams in the state. 

I think if anything, people get caught up in the offense. This year’s GS team is definitely more sound top to bottom on offense.  Arguably the most dangerous weapon of GS in Ben butler is seamingly “lost in the pack” after missing 2 games and the other players like delong have really stepped up. 

But the real kicker is HH has a very stout defense and I believe they returned a ton of starters. And frankly defense never gets the credit it deserves. 

I think its been pretty clear this year that GS and GS fans are taking Heritage Hills very seriously and know they are going to give them an absolute dog fight for 4 quarters. I’ve really gotten the impression this year that most people outside of GS and HH are much higher on GS than HH...And that’s okay since it’s their opinion. But I don’t think anyone at GS is sleeping on the patriots. 

By saturday morning 1 thing is for sure though.

1 team will be hoping Southridge defeats the other team to give them a chance at a shared championship after losing. And Southridge is a very hungry team looking to spoil everyone