Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Gibson Southern 4-1 at Heritage Hills 5-0

3 hours ago, Trojan88 said:

Now we see what shakes out in sectional 32 - should be a very anticipated game and I am looking forward to seeing how each team does..

The thing is...the winner of this game could very easily be the loser come sectional time...particularly if it feels like the teams are as balanced at the statistical tools would suggest. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

The thing is...the winner of this game could very easily be the loser come sectional time...particularly if it feels like the teams are as balanced at the statistical tools would suggest. 

Adding to that statement, I think there will be a very hungry, disciplined and talented SR team that might also add to who wins and loses in this sectional!!

• Like 1

Gibson Southern (4-1) at Heritage Hills (5-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Patriot Field.
COACHES: Nick Hart, 80-13 in 8th year at Gibson Southern. Todd Wilkerson, 54-26 in 8th year at Heritage Hills.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Heritage Hills, 71.57, 52nd overall, 6th in 3A. Gibson Southern, 69.5, 56th overall, 7th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Gibson Southern defeated Princeton, 60-9. Heritage Hills defeated North Posey, 49-0.
VS. COMMON FOES: Gibson Southern 1-0; Heritage Hills 1-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Gibson Southern 9-16. Heritage Hills 10-15.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Heritage Hills, 25-7
LAST MEETING: Gibson Southern, 24-14, Oct. 26, 2018, sectional.
jh PREDICTION: Heritage Hills, 31-30.

2 minutes ago, Sacked said:
Gibson Southern (4-1) at Heritage Hills (5-0)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Patriot Field.
COACHES: Nick Hart, 80-13 in 8th year at Gibson Southern. Todd Wilkerson, 54-26 in 8th year at Heritage Hills.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Heritage Hills, 71.57, 52nd overall, 6th in 3A. Gibson Southern, 69.5, 56th overall, 7th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Gibson Southern defeated Princeton, 60-9. Heritage Hills defeated North Posey, 49-0.
VS. COMMON FOES: Gibson Southern 1-0; Heritage Hills 1-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Gibson Southern 9-16. Heritage Hills 10-15.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Heritage Hills, 25-7
LAST MEETING: Gibson Southern, 24-14, Oct. 26, 2018, sectional.
jh PREDICTION: Heritage Hills, 31-30.

Is it gonna be televised or streamed????

I'll add the same note to GS fans that I added for Jasper fans a couple of weeks ago...

Since the renovations at Heritage Hills, there is now additional parking convenient for visitors at the southeast corner of the field, near the softball field.  As part of the renovations, tennis was moved to a new facility at the west end of campus next to soccer.  The old tennis court area has been turned in to additional parking.  There is a refurbished entry way at the southeast corner of the field, as well.   Visitors are still welcome to park in the main lot between the school and football field and walk across, but the southeast corner may prove to be more convenient for visitors, while spaces last.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bcaster said:

No television or video stream that I'm aware of. 

As was mentioned, 98.1 The Bash (Gibson Southern) streams their radio call.

103.3 The Fix (Heritage Hills) also streams at www.1033TheFix.com.

Will be tuning in live from Iraq. Tell your color commentator that my wife and I say hello to The Versatile, Mr. All-Around Michael Crews.

This thread fell off the first page. One of the biggest games in the state this week. Enough with the niceities. Who is going to be the first to post bulletin board material?

Is it true that Gibson is reconsidering a name change to "Mater Dei North" or "Evansville Northmetro" or "Toyota South?"

Such a shame that Heritage Hills isn't Abraham Lincoln High School ... North and South Spencer get in big debates about renaming the county "Lincoln County..."

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Will be tuning in live from Iraq. Tell your color commentator that my wife and I say hello to The Versatile, Mr. All-Around Michael Crews.

This thread fell off the first page. One of the biggest games in the state this week. Enough with the niceities. Who is going to be the first to post bulletin board material?

Is it true that Gibson is reconsidering a name change to "Mater Dei North" or "Evansville Northmetro" or "Toyota South?"

Such a shame that Heritage Hills isn't Abraham Lincoln High School ... North and South Spencer get in big debates about renaming the county "Lincoln County..."

Just keep in mind that as soon as Lincoln was old enough he got the hell out of there. :classic_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

They are called "Honest Abe's Formative Years" for good reason though! We are known as the state of vice presidents, not to side-track this very informative thread.

Pretty sure this thread won't see much action until about 10 pm tomorrow night.  

7 minutes ago, Sacked said:

Pretty sure this thread won't see much action until about 10 pm tomorrow night.  

I think both teams know this is going to be a helluva fight with huge PAC championship implications.  

once sectionals start getting closer I’m sure the Talks will grow immensely on here. But this matchup is really a calm before the storm and a lot of people have been waiting for this 

4 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

I’ll bite....  that would be awesome! We already have the Vincennes Lincoln Alices.     You guys could be the North Lincoln Nancies.   Let’s get that petition started!

Great way to honor Abe’s mom Nancy’s final resting place so close to the high school.

Edited by Titan20
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Titan20 said:

I’ll bite....  that would be awesome! We already have the Vincennes Lincoln Alices.     You guys could be the North Lincoln Nancies.   Let’s get that petition started!

Great way to honor Abe’s mom Nancy’s final resting place so close to the high school.

One of the grade schools IS, in fact, Nancy Hanks Elementary. I went to David Turnham and then Lincoln Trail when it was built (never lost a youth football game to those Chrisney southerners or big town Dale schoolboys or the Mariah Hill/Fulda/St Meinrad Catholics).

Within a span of six years, you had four DI football players (Jade Winchell, Jon Goldsberry, Jay Cutler and Cole Seifrig) grow up within less than 3 miles from each other. Cutler and Goldsberry played in the NFL, Winchell was too concussed to want to continue after a stellar career where he shined against better competition like vs Florida at Ball State and Seifrig twice turned down Purdue scholarships under Tiller to play minor league baseball in the Marlins system. 

Jade has been a secondary coach at Perry Central. Jon greatly has boosted the influence of the Quarterback Club, and Jay, well is a reality TV "star." 

I'm glad to see that this conversation finally left "where to get pizza" to the fact that the biggest game in the state is being played tonight.

I work with one of Southridge's coaches....at least he knows how to smack talk.   He says earlier this week, "I'm glad we play Gibson Southern last, because we will both be undefeated."  My reply, "good luck with that."

My blood pressure is already up for tonight.  Will likely be a one score difference--I certainly don't think this one will be like last regular season game.

• Like 1