Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

North Daviess Cougars @ Linton Miners

Hard to believe this week makes two thirds of the way through the season already!  Both teams come into this game with 4 - 1 records, but got them in opposite ways.  North Daviess had won 4 in a row before falling last week 7 - 6 at West Vigo.  Had to be very frustrating.  The Miners lost week 1 to Southridge 28 - 20 and have won 4 in a row.  I look for the Miners to make it 5 in a row after this week's game.  While the Cougars may be improved this year, their competition hasn't been very strong.  Harrell's predicts the Miners win, 28 -14.  I can agree.

8 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Hard to believe this week makes two thirds of the way through the season already!  Both teams come into this game with 4 - 1 records, but got them in opposite ways.  North Daviess had won 4 in a row before falling last week 7 - 6 at West Vigo.  Had to be very frustrating.  The Miners lost week 1 to Southridge 28 - 20 and have won 4 in a row.  I look for the Miners to make it 5 in a row after this week's game.  While the Cougars may be improved this year, their competition hasn't been very strong.  Harrell's predicts the Miners win, 28 -14.  I can agree.

What I like about this year is both Norths, Knox and Daviess seem to be considerably improved. Makes the games, and the week leading up to the game,  much more interesting.

Kudos to ND on their improvement. That program was in shambles for awhile. When they hired their current coach, some felt he was a steal for a 1A program in the middle of Amish country. He seems to have turned things around and done so quickly. 

From what I understand ND has some size and a very solid D line. QB likes to let it fly and has a weapon or two capable of big plays. 

I still think Linton wins this convincingly...maybe close for a bit, but expect the Miners depth and overall skill to seperate them from ND as the game goes on. 

Miners 41 - 7

14 hours ago, hick said:

Kudos to ND on their improvement. That program was in shambles for awhile. When they hired their current coach, some felt he was a steal for a 1A program in the middle of Amish country. He seems to have turned things around and done so quickly. 

From what I understand ND has some size and a very solid D line. QB likes to let it fly and has a weapon or two capable of big plays. 

I still think Linton wins this convincingly...maybe close for a bit, but expect the Miners depth and overall skill to seperate them from ND as the game goes on. 

Miners 41 - 7

We're thinking alike, Hick.  I said Linton 42- 6.

18 hours ago, ts32 said:

What I like about this year is both Norths, Knox and Daviess seem to be considerably improved. Makes the games, and the week leading up to the game,  much more interesting.

Considering North Daviess is 4 - 1 this year instead of 2 - 3, 0 - 5, and 0 - 5 like the past 3 years, that would suggest "improvement".  However, let's not forget, the Miners are improved themselves.  They haven't been sitting  back just waiting for other schools to catch up.  

On ‎9‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:34 PM, hick said:

Miners 41 - 7

North Daviess has also made improvements in the supporting coaching staff.  Some much needed adjustments.

1 hour ago, 300Game said:

North Daviess has also made improvements in the supporting coaching staff.  Some much needed adjustments.

The Cougars have also picked up some basketball players who are good athletes.This suggests a change of climate for North Daviess Athletics.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Calpreps says Linton 31 North Daviess 10. Do with that what you will. 

Calpreps also says Parke Heritage 31 Linton 24, so I would say their method of predicting scores is pretty accurate.

Ive always used CalPreps. Yep pretty accurate unless its your team projected to lose. Same with Sagarin

On 9/24/2019 at 12:12 PM, Tanka Jahari said:

Calpreps says Linton 31 North Daviess 10. Do with that what you will. 

Calpreps also says Parke Heritage 31 Linton 24, so I would say their method of predicting scores is pretty accurate.

What makes them accurate?  Because they predict PH over Linton?  That makes them accurate?  Asking for a friend.

2 hours ago, globemstr3 said:

PH can't play Linton     So what's the deal You want airtime? LMAO

Talk is cheap and so are predictions.  It's the same thing every year:  "So and so could beat so and so".  The games are played (and won or lost) on the field not by opinions even if the opinion is from a computer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ugminer said:

Ts32 I saw your column in the paper that you are leaving. I just wanted  to say it's been nice reading your articles an coverage not only on Linton athletics but Greene County sports in general. Good luck on your next adventure 

Thank you!

Definitely hate to see my friend ts32 head out.. but I KNOW we will still get to hear his thoughts...perhaps even more-so right here.. no matter where he roams!

So I am hearing the starting QB at ND suffered a Concussion at West Vigo and will not be playing this week. Hopefully he will be ok as the year progresses.. Certainly been a terrific start for 2019 in Coach Fine's 2nd season at ND.  

19 hours ago, globemstr3 said:

PH can't play Linton     So what's the deal You want airtime? LMAO

It's a shame the Miners aren't playing the Wolfs this year. It would be a great game watching Linton take on the best football team from the WRC. My personal opinion is that the Wolfs would win in a shootout. 

13 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

It's a shame the Miners aren't playing the Wolfs this year. It would be a great game watching Linton take on the best football team from the WRC. My personal opinion is that the Wolfs would win in a shootout. 

would have been fun for sure.  Love Coach Moore... Would like to talk with him again!  I think the Miner D would be more than PH has seen this year... and same for Miner offense. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

would have been fun for sure.  Love Coach Moore... Would like to talk with him again!  I think the Miner D would be more than PH has seen this year... and same for Miner offense. 

Brian Moore doesn't churn butter. He roundhouse kicks the cows and butter comes straight out.

Well I couldn't get hold of any ND Stats... prolly one of the only times I've not been successful in getting info... but one thing I did notice with the ND roster ( which i got thru our AD)... several new additions to the Cougar roster this year... by my count 6 seniors and 3 juniors on the list that were not on 2018 roster.   a few of these kids are starters as well.. 6'2 6'3 and 6'4 receivers...  so Coach Fine must be getting some kids on the field that walk the ND halls.  I did see a 3 or 4 not on the roster from 2018.. 2 would be seniors... but that's way better than I've seen in prior years.  

B 24 Reed, Tanner 11 6'0 190

RB 21 Owens, D.J. 12 5'9 170

WR 10 Wagler, Kirk 12 6'3 180

SL 15 Lamson, Ted 12 5'9 150

SL 6 Krusenklaus, Joshua 11 5'8 160

WR 22 Knepp, Jalen 12 6'4 175

LT 54 Steffey, Alex 11 6'3 275

LG 70 Alchesay, Keyshaun 12 5'8 210

C 75 Clark, Brandon 10 5'9 245

RG 60 Webster, Chase 12 5'10 195

RT 70 Alchesay, Keyshaun 12 5'8 210

Reed was hurt on the long TD pass just into the 4th quarter...Townsend came in at QB. I hear that Reed will not play tonight due to concussion protocol.

QB 4 Townsend, Jack 12 6'0 193

LB 66 Keith, Matthew 12 6'1 235

LB 3 Webster, Austin 9 5'9 150

DE 24 Reed, Tanner 11 6'0 190

DT 60 Webster, Chase 12 5'10 195

DT 54 Steffey, Alex 11 6'3 275

DE 72 Miley, Jacob 10 5'11 215

cb 6 Krusenklaus, Joshua 11 5'8 160

cb 21 Owens, D.J. 12 5'9 170

CB 15 Lamson, Ted 12 5'9 150

S 12 Lengacher, Daryn 11 6'2 170

S 85 Fox, Justin 11 6'1 185

also saw:

lb 20 Hopkins, Dante 12 5'10

de 51 Williams, Ethan 12 5'10 180

s 2 Wagler, Matthew 9 5'9 135

lb 8 Jeffers, Zo 10 5'5 160

Reed was a starting DE or OLB.. however it is. Even before being hurt he would be replaced at that spot by moving 66 and bringing in 20 at LB.

Iimage.png.c3a53b8d390a5eace18888ed25fcf31c.png

image.png.af86138f42930e7b5778c4ed7b53b868.png

Dyer 53-471 9.06 4TD  Lannan 67-402 6.0 3 TD;  Howard 34-138 4.1 3 TD

Team 205-2258 5.65 14 TD

Goodman 45-77-687 58.4%  8TD 1 Int

RObertson 21-338 3TD; Hauser 10-113 1 TD; Howard 6-46; Dyer 5-155 3TD; Puckett 2-27 1TD

Lannan 44 Tackles 3 sacks 6 TFL; Eslinger 41 Tackles 1.5 sacks 4.5 TFL; Howard 35 Tackles; L.Dyer 24 tackles

23 hours ago, TrenchWarfare58 said:

Speaking of churning butter, I'll take the Miners to pull away from North Davis in the 2nd half and win this one comfortably

I think the Miners will begin to pull away with their first offensive possession.  Look for running clock in second half.

• Like 2