Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Digital Down Markers

Fort Wayne, Bishop Dwenger does. In fact, they have two of these lighted digital line of scrimmage down markers; I.E., the one that's official on the side of the field opposite the press box, and also another on the home side of the field; like many of the colleges, and all of the pro games use.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, statmurp_10 said:

Fort Wayne, Bishop Dwenger does. In fact, they have two of these lighted digital line of scrimmage down markers; I.E., the one that's official on the side of the field opposite the press box, and also another on the home side of the field; like many of the colleges, and all of the pro games use.  

Wow! Bishop Dwenger has taken the game to another level. 2 (!) digital down markers! Great job Saints!!

16 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Sounds expensive, and yet another electronic doodad prone to breakage.    

If you want to stay at the top, you have to be willing to invest in the latest technology for the game of football. Whether it be digital down markers, endzone cameras, or hydration stations, times and technology change for the better. 

1 minute ago, Tanka Jahari said:

If you want to stay at the top, you have to be willing to invest in the latest technology for the game of football. Whether it be digital down markers, endzone cameras, or hydration stations, times and technology change for the better. 

I fail to understand how a glowing, digital down marker puts one "at the top".  If you want your traditional down markers to be more visible paint the numbers a bright neon green or something.

What's next, robot chain crews?

• Like 2
  • Disdain 1

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

I fail to understand how a glowing, digital down marker puts one "at the top".  If you want your traditional down markers to be more visible paint the numbers a bright neon green or something.

What's next, robot chain crews?

I've been told that the LED display of a digital down marker makes it possible for people who are color blind to be able to see it. Do you have something against people with disabilities?

Also don't be ridiculous. Robots have no place at a high school football game. They could go rogue and destroy everyone in attendance. You know that's how the human race will end, right? Death by robot revolution.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I've been told that the LED display of a digital down marker makes it possible for people who are color blind to be able to see it. Do you have something against people with disabilities?

No, they can simply look at the scoreboard.  How many Indiana high schools have football scoreboards without down and distance information on them?

• Disdain 1

7 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

The color blind should have the same rights and privileges as the color abled. 

If you have peer-reviewed studies showing that the color blind need digital down markers in order to receive this critical information in a timely manner,  please post them.

• Disdain 1

My how the color blind have suffered over the last 100 years at football contests.    

And why hasn't every NFL venue embraced this technology?

view-of-the-linesmen-and-down-markers-fr

20 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I don't have to post anything. You're the one that hates the disabled.

just-keep-spinning-just-keep-spinning-us

• Disdain 1