Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Digital Down Markers

38 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Do you have a current picture that shows a non-LED down box? NFL officials have not worn knickers since 2011.

He's too busy not caring about people with disabilities. 

Which device do you think has had the bigger impact on high school football between the endzone camera and digital down marker? I tend to think more people benefit from endzone cameras, but you can't overstate what a game changer the digital down marker has been for the color blind.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

Which device do you think has had the bigger impact on high school football between the endzone camera and digital down marker? I tend to think more people benefit from endzone cameras, but you can't overstate what a game changer the digital down marker has been for the color blind.

Long live the EZ camera. Though we haven't had it included on our film the last two weeks. This week was just wide and tight. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

lol, nice hyperbole.  I don't recall the color blind being your prime impetus for starting this thread.

• Disdain 1

4 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Muda will post an article and put some sly comment to bait people in...but can’t even get himself off this lure. 

@Muda69 you’ve been had at your own game! 

Just following the conversation, Dum.     

I still stand by my initial contention that digital down markers are an expensive extravagance for Indiana high school football,  a game played by children.

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Just following the conversation, Dum.     

I still stand by my initial contention that digital down markers are an expensive extravagance for Indiana high school football,  a game played by children.

As my lacrosse teammates in college always said.....look good, play good. 

I mean. We finished 2-13 or something like that. 😂

Edited by DumfriesYMCA

11 minutes ago, Tanka Jahari said:

I don't know if you're aware of this or not, but Muda69 doesn't like people who can't see all of the colors.

Again, If you have peer-reviewed studies showing that the color blind need digital down markers in order to receive this critical information in a timely manner,  please post them.  So far the only "proof" of your claim is the statement "I have been told........".

And a good friend of mine happens to be color blind,  has never once complained to me about those damn traditional down markers.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Again, If you have peer-reviewed studies showing that the color blind need digital down markers in order to receive this critical information in a timely manner,  please post them.  So far the only "proof" of your claim is the statement "I have been told........".

And a good friend of mine happens to be color blind,  has never once complained to me about those damn traditional down markers.

I'm a ref, so naturally I'm blind, it's essential for the zebras!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I'm a ref, so naturally I'm blind, it's essential for the zebras!

Aren't you guys supposed to already know what down it is? Don't you wear those little rubber band thingy's on your fingers? Kinda like the little thingamajig basketball refs keep in their right or left pocket depending on which way the possession arrow is pointing.

20 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

We've seen several of them, I couldn't tell you who has them and who doesn't. 

BSN has them listed from 1099-1599, my guess is they actually cost in the 600ish range. 

They are easy to see and find, I'm all in.

I know a guy that can sell them to you for $995.00.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Muda69 said:

For your information, I went straight to the source. I had a conversation with a person who is color blind, and I was told that digital down markers make the football game experience much more enjoyable. 

I don't believe you are friends with anyone who is color blind. You can't be friends with something you hate.

Just now, SoIndRef said:

Image result for we fear change gif

Actually I don't. If the change is financially prudent and an objectively marked improvement over the old product/method then I would have no issue with it.  Unfortunately digital down markers are neither.  

It is the equivalent of: 

shiny.jpg

On 9/23/2019 at 10:05 AM, Tanka Jahari said:

I don't have to post anything. You're the one that hates the disabled.

what are you talking about?  where did he say he "hates the disabled?"

looks like on both digital and traditional down markers, the #s are the same color, as is the background.

the digital ones sure look nice, but are not a "must".

a change i would like to see to down markers is to put a button lower to change the down.

Tanka....isn't that discrimination to short people, according to your logic?

1 hour ago, gonzoron said:

I would like to see them with voice recognition. Then all you have to do is say First Down! and it automatically changes.

Lol. It would always be first down. Coach walking by. First down. Player jogging by. First down. Referee says first down. Student section yells first down. Grandma yells first down.....well that might get the attention of the EMTs, but you get my gist.