Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Digital Down Markers

2 hours ago, gonzoron said:

I would like to see them with voice recognition. Then all you have to do is say First Down! and it automatically changes.

1 hour ago, DannEllenwood said:

Lol. It would always be first down. Coach walking by. First down. Player jogging by. First down. Referee says first down. Student section yells first down. Grandma yells first down.....well that might get the attention of the EMTs, but you get my gist. 

I'd be more concerned about some of the utterances on the sideline from irate coaches who might conjecture where the ref could put that down marker after making a call against the home team. 😄

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Maynard111 said:

We still use manual flip cards, they don't need charged, they take a beating and they are inexpensive.
Ours look like it rode with Evil Knievel on most of his failed jumps. But it works.

But you did get a scoreboard people can see the lights on!

In the EIAC we have one school that I know uses the digital stick.  It doesn’t change much for my viewing pleasure.  I would, however like to see one on each sideline.  It is sometimes difficult to see the down marker when there are 120 players dressed on their sideline.  An impressive sight though with that many students interested in the sport.  We don’t have that particular problem on our sideline so the good old flipper boards are good enough for us!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Magic 8 Ball said:

In the EIAC we have one school that I know uses the digital stick.  It doesn’t change much for my viewing pleasure.  I would, however like to see one on each sideline.  It is sometimes difficult to see the down marker when there are 120 players dressed on their sideline.  An impressive sight though with that many students interested in the sport.  We don’t have that particular problem on our sideline so the good old flipper boards are good enough for us!

If you want to get your program to a level where you can beat the Men of Troy, you should seriously consider upgrading to a digital down marker. That, or you could try to lure the Trojans' AD to coach at your school with an unlimited gift card to Texas Roadhouse and a lifetime supply of Diet Coke.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Tanka Jahari said:

If you want to get your program to a level where you can beat the Men of Troy, you should seriously consider upgrading to a digital down marker. That, or you could try to lure the Trojans' AD to coach at your school with an unlimited gift card to Texas Roadhouse and a lifetime supply of Diet Coke.

@StinkTownClown C'mon man you gotta have something for this!

2 hours ago, StinkTownClown said:

Stinky, Stink, Stink 1.2.3.

We're not wasting money

on a down marker that is LED!

We spend our money taking our staff to Connies!

Diet Choche we got on hand, if Big Stoney ever

wants to come back to Tiger Land we'd welcome

him with open hands (and a gift card in one of them)

Classic!