Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC Week 6

Evansville Central (4-1) at Evansville Harrison (0-5)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Romain Stadium.
COACHES: Sean Coultis, 4-1 in 1st year at Central. Lane Oxley, 4-21 in 3rd year at Harrison.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Central, 76.75, 36th overall, 6th in 4A. Harrison, 20.57, 247th overall, 53rd in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Central defeated Castle, 38-7. Harrison lost to Evansville Reitz, 49-6.
VS. COMMON FOES: Central 1-1; Harrison 0-2.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Central 10-10. Harrison 13-12.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Central, 25-19
LAST MEETING: Central, 56-0, Sep. 21, 2018.
jh PREDICTION: Central, 38-7.
Evansville Mater Dei (4-1) at Castle (3-2)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Lidy Field.
COACHES: Mike Goebel, 221-69 in 23rd year at Mater Dei. Doug Hurt, 101-55 in 14th year at Castle.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Mater Dei, 65.39, 67th overall, 4th in 2A. Castle, 60.5, 91st overall, 20th in 5A.
LAST OUTING: Mater Dei defeated Evansville North, 45-27. Castle lost to Evansville Central, 38-7.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Mater Dei 12-13. Castle 11-14.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Mater Dei, 18-16
LAST MEETING: Castle, 39-24, Sep. 21, 2018.
jh PREDICTION: Mater Dei, 28-24.
Evansville Memorial (5-0) at Evansville Reitz (2-3)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Reitz Bowl.
COACHES: John Hurley, 92-54 in 12th year at Memorial. Andy Hape, 55-19 in 7th year at Reitz.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Memorial, 72.8, 46th overall, 9th in 4A. Reitz, 53.52, 112th overall, 28th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Memorial defeated Evansville Bosse, 24-14. Reitz defeated Evansville Harrison, 49-6.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Memorial 12-13. Reitz 7-8.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Reitz, 24-11
LAST MEETING: Memorial, 42-6, Sep. 21, 2018.
jh PREDICTION: Memorial, 28-17.
Evansville North (2-3) at Evansville Bosse (1-4)
GAME TIME: 7 pm CT, Enlow Field.
COACHES: Joey Paridaen, 3-12 in 2nd year at North, 39-45 in 8th year overall. Eric Schnur, 8-39 in 5th year at Bosse.
SAGARIN RATINGS: North, 55.8, 103rd overall, 21st in 5A. Bosse, 34.58, 190th overall, 40th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: North lost to Evansville Mater Dei, 45-27. Bosse lost to Evansville Memorial, 24-14.
VS. COMMON FOES: North 0-1; Bosse 0-1.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: North 10-10. Bosse 13-12.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: North, 22-15
LAST MEETING: North, 35-34, OT, Sep. 21, 2018.
jh PREDICTION: North, 38-24.

Week 5 takeaways: 

-Central makes a statement for contending with Memorial for the SIAC over a BIG win over Castle 

-Reitz shows an offensive show over Harrison, as they prepare for a big matchup with Memorial on Friday 

-Mater Dei pulls away with an offensive battle with North. Mater Dei VS Castle will be a great game Friday 

-Memorial's defense begins to shine, while Memorial's offense continues to struggle over a close victory against Bosse( props to Bosse being an competitor on Friday). Also, Memorial's sophomore group scored all 24 points Friday night.  

Edited by TigerFan20

19 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Week 5 takeaways: 

-Central makes a statement for contending with Memorial for the SIAC over a BIG win over Castle 

-Reitz shows an offensive show over Harrison, as they prepare for a big matchup with Memorial on Friday 

-Mater Dei pulls away with an offensive battle with North. Mater Dei VS Castle will be a great game Friday 

-Memorial's defense begins to shine, while Memorial's offense continues to struggle over a close victory against Bosse( props to Bosse being an competitor on Friday). Also, Memorial's sophomore group scored all 24 points Friday night.  

Central is the favorite to take the SIAC.  It looks like they have the right pieces in the right places now. 

Memorial better not be looking ahead to Central or else Reitz could get them this week.  Memorial's D is playing very well but the O needs to execute better, particularly the WRs, who have dropped several easy TD balls the past 2 weeks that made close games out of games that shouldn't have been all that close.  

I see MD at Castle being the game of the week.  This will be MD's first game away from the Bowl this season so the adjustment to good field lighting may be an issue. 

North at Bosse could also be a good game.  Bosse's QB was injured Friday so I'm not sure if he will be back. 

Central..so much speed and weapons 

Reitz...trap game for Memorial who hasn’t looked very good the last few weeks 

Mater Dei...Castle doesn’t do enough on offensive, they lack true game breakers.

North/Bosse...who knows? Love the two backs for North. Bosse has been good on D though. Flip a coin 

Edited by Evansville50

Week 6 scores: 

Memorial over Reitz, 27-7, offense clicked in the 1st half for Memorial, but still had a couple of dropped passes in the endzone 

Castle over Mater Dei, 13-0, now that is surprising 

Central over Harrison, 45-12 

North over Bosse, 34-20, Heard Bosse lead for half of the game 

McKinney from North is fun to watch.  I went to North Bosse game just to get a chance to see him play.  Most valuable player on any team for what he means to North.  Bosse continues to play hard. They just struggle to compete for four quarters. They could shock some people in the sectionals, and looking at the program tonight they have a lot of young talent to build upon.(7,8,54,29 all impressive)  Central vs Memorial is going to be a fun one. When was the last time Mater Dei was blanked in city competition?  Way to bounce back Castle. Is pressure at full boil on the hill? Reitz fans what’s going on? And a buddy told me they couldn’t field a freshman team.  Final thought ...I believe North is a program that in two or three years might run the city.  Props to that staff for building from youth on up.

Don’t see North running the table anytime soon. They have wins over Princeton, Bosse, and Harrison. Combined 2-16. They likely finish season 3-7.  

MD lost a good OL player for the season and one of their best 2-way players was out again tonight. 

Memorial will be without starting LB vs Central and I think a DE went out with an injury.  That will hurt vs Central.  

I’ll take Brock Combs as mvp for what he means to his team. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Screagle said:

Don’t see North running the table anytime soon. They have wins over Princeton, Bosse, and Harrison. Combined 2-16. They likely finish season 3-7.  

MD lost a good OL player for the season and one of their best 2-way players was out again tonight. 

Memorial will be without starting LB vs Central and I think a DE went out with an injury.  That will hurt vs Central.  

I’ll take Brock Combs as mvp for what he means to his team. 

Our LB will be out for next game, but I do believe Combs will be playing next week