Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Mid-Season Player Transfer

Here is something I haven't seen in recent years. Center Grove junior Connor Fruits who played running back for the Trojans as recently as last week (running for 95 yards and scoring a touchdown against Ben Davis) transferred mid-week to Indian Creek and played for the Braves this week, running for 135 yards against Triton Central. 

I suppose Center Grove approved Mr. Fruits' transfer or else he wouldn't have been able to play this week, or this year for that matter,  but didn't know that mid-season transfers were allowed. 

Does anyone with connections to either school know any details on this?

Of course, Roman Purcell (also mentioned in the portion of the article that I copied) also transferred from Warren Central just before the season started so Indian Creek is doing quite well in attracting MIC transfers. 

(Sorry for the bolding but can't seem to un-bold it)

Up by 7-0 after a low-scoring first half, the Braves (3-2) finally got their offense untracked midway through the third quarter, as Roman Purcell and Connor Fruits combined for 47 yards on eight consecutive rushes. Purcell pushed the ball across on a 1-yard quarterback sneak with 1:24 left in the third quarter, stretching Indian Creek’s lead to 14-0.

The defense then stepped to the fore again, coming up with consecutive big plays after Triton Central (3-2) had marched across midfield. First, Trent Davis and Brandon Murray come up with a sack on an attempted flea-flicker; then, Murray intercepted an Erick Hebauf pass to give the Braves the ball back with 11:07 left in the game.

After another Indian Creek defensive stop, Purcell put the game away by escaping third-down pressure in the backfield and wriggling free for a 51-yard touchdown with 5:14 left. The senior quarterback finished the night with 95 yards rushing; Fruits, who enrolled at Indian Creek after playing for Center Grove last Friday, picked up 135 on 25 carries.

Entire article here:

http://www.dailyjournal.net/2019/09/21/indian_creek_football_outslugs_triton_central/

2 hours ago, Payne said:

Here is something I haven't seen in recent years. Center Grove junior Connor Fruits who played running back for the Trojans as recently as last week (running for 95 yards and scoring a touchdown against Ben Davis) transferred mid-week to Indian Creek and played for the Braves this week, running for 135 yards against Triton Central. 

I suppose Center Grove approved Mr. Fruits' transfer or else he wouldn't have been able to play this week, or this year for that matter,  but didn't know that mid-season transfers were allowed. 

Of course, Roman Purcell (also mentioned in the portion of the article that I copied) also transferred from Warren Central just before the season started so Indian Creek is doing quite well in attracting MIC transfers. 

Entire article here:

http://www.dailyjournal.net/2019/09/21/indian_creek_football_outslugs_triton_central/

We had a bball player transfer mid season last year on a Monday and was signed off on. He practiced Tuesday and could have played against us that friday but didn't. That's the first id ever heard but

I think sometimes its allowed if both schools sign off and the transfer is what's best for the kid (living situation, moving in with other parent etc)

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

3 hours ago, Payne said:

Entire article here:

We had a bball player transfer mid season last year on a Monday and was signed off on. He practiced Tuesday and could have played against us that friday but didn't. That's the first id ever heard but

I think sometimes its allowed if both schools sign off and the transfer is what's best for the kid (living situation, moving in with other parent etc)

A fine line there no doubt and if it’s postseason I’m sure it would not be allowed but in high school sports it should always be about what’s best for the kid. 

• Like 1

The “MIC to Trafalgar” pipeline continues, lol?

Certainly his family moved and/or changed jobs right?

Ah, the days where I looked to high school athletics for purity and innocence in this crazy sports world we now live in.

Seems like so long ago already.

This was in the best interest of the young man.  Dad made poor "white collar" choices and will be going away for awhile.  The parents have since separated and I believe the mother now lives in the Indian Creek school district, which is why Indian Creek was the school of choice.  Kudos to Coach Moore and the CG Athletic Department for signing off on this for this young man and not making his life any more difficult than his father has already made it for him.

I believe he's already had 2 ACL tears and has rehabbed twice to come back.  Kid deserves to play based on that alone in my book.  Best of luck to this young man!

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, IndplsCathedral_Dad said:

This was in the best interest of the young man.  Dad made poor "white collar" choices and will be going away for awhile.  The parents have since separated and I believe the mother now lives in the Indian Creek school district, which is why Indian Creek was the school of choice.  Kudos to Coach Moore and the CG Athletic Department for signing off on this for this young man and not making his life any more difficult than his father has already made it for him.

I believe he's already had 2 ACL tears and has rehabbed twice to come back.  Kid deserves to play based on that alone in my book.  Best of luck to this young man!

There is no doubt - good luck to all involved. Hopefully, this puts him in the best place to succeed in life!

• Like 2

14 hours ago, starbacker said:

A fine line there no doubt and if it’s postseason I’m sure it would not be allowed but in high school sports it should always be about what’s best for the kid. 

Postseason, it wouldn't be allowed for the player to play, as a team has to submit its entry list before the tournament and cannot make changes to it. But as long as the IHSAA approves the transfer, the student is immediately eligible. 

I'll take your word for it on the fact that it is best for the kid but just seems fishy that 3a INDIAN CREEK has been the recipient of TWO transfers from 6A powerhouses.  Geographically, Greenwood to Trafalgar makes sense I guess though.

Moving on...

1 hour ago, Temptation said:

I'll take your word for it on the fact that it is best for the kid but just seems fishy that 3a INDIAN CREEK has been the recipient of TWO transfers from 6A powerhouses.  Geographically, Greenwood to Trafalgar makes sense I guess though.

Moving on...

Has there been precedent on this with Indian Creek before these recent transfers?