8.  Valparaiso

9.  Lafayette Jefferson

10. Fishers

11. Chatard

12. Hamilton Southeastern

13. Merrillville

14. West Lafayette

15. Fort Wayne Snider

Honorable Mention:  Carroll (FW), Westfield, North Central, Fort Wayne Dwenger, East Noble, East Central, New Prairie, Evansville Memorial, Mishawaka Marian, Lewis Cass, Indianapolis Lutheran, South Adams.

• Like 2

Can’t really disagree much without nitpicking...until I get to the honorable mention list.

1A programs being listed while Center Grove and Ben Davis are omitted is head scratching.

I know wins and losses matter and those two teams specifically have been underwhelming.

Potential head to head CANNOT be the criteria here I hope...

I agree with temptation. Imagine putting south Adam's on the honorable mentions list, with a bunch of teams that would mercy rule them. While center grove doesnt even make it.

A potential cg vs south Adam's matchup would be almost comical enough for me to go watch a 1a team play

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Temptation said:

Can’t really disagree much without nitpicking...until I get to the honorable mention list.

1A programs being listed while Center Grove and Ben Davis are omitted is head scratching.

I know wins and losses matter and those two teams specifically have been underwhelming.

Columbus East, CG, BD would beat the brakes off South Adams, CE plays 1 bad game (against CN) and all of a sudden they are below 1A teams.. but played a Top 50 team in the country until the last few minutes of the 4th quarter. Hell it doesn’t just go for South Adams, those 3 teams would beat majority of the Honorable Mention. 

Totally understand it’s strictly opinion tho. The Top 15 does look pretty good 

Edited by Olympian06

5 hours ago, Temptation said:

Most of the “honorable mention” teams are there because they will be heavy players in their class come tournament time. As far as Center Grove is concerned, no matter how much talent you have, and I think they have top 5 talent, if you haven’t figured out how to win after 5 games you are not worthy of recognition. 

Maybe this poll should be "Top 15 Teams Regardless of Class, and you have to be from Indy or Northern Indiana (Mid-Season)"

I get it, polls are for discussion and to get insight from fans.  But not to include any southern Indiana school in the Top 15.

C-mon man!! 

Evansville Memorial

Evansville Central

Evansville Mater Dei

Gibson Southern

This poll includes primarily 5A & 6A schools.  Zero 4A schools.  And two of the Top 15 teams are currently ranked, according to Sagarin, 94th and 106th respectively!!  Just sayin' 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Maybe this poll should be "Top 15 Teams Regardless of Class, and you have to be from Indy or Northern Indiana (Mid-Season)"

I get it, polls are for discussion and to get insight from fans.  But not to include any southern Indiana school in the Top 15.

C-mon man!! 

Evansville Memorial

Evansville Central

Evansville Mater Dei

Gibson Southern

This poll includes primarily 5A & 6A schools.  Zero 4A schools.  And two of the Top 15 teams are currently ranked, according to Sagarin, 94th and 106th respectively!!  Just sayin' 

1. This is my poll with my opinions.

2. My opinion is that Chatard and W. Lafayette are better than any 4A team.

3. See thread on Homestead if you don’t understand that Sagarin is not a true poll.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

C-mon man!! 

Evansville Memorial

Evansville Central

Evansville Mater Dei

Gibson Southern

Those 4 plus Heritage Hills make for a solid group from SW Indiana. 

43 minutes ago, Staxawax said:

1. This is my poll with my opinions.

2. My opinion is that Chatard and W. Lafayette are better than any 4A team.

3. See thread on Homestead if you don’t understand that Sagarin is not a true poll.

Well then I can disagree with your opinions.  I know Chatard is great and West Lafayette, but I can't imagine an accurate "any class" poll omitting half the classes.  Your title of said poll should read differently "Top 15 in 3, 5, and 6A" 

And I’ll say this, I think Chatard is pound for pound the best team in the state. They may not have the speed/depth to compete in 6A, but they are a very good football team. After watching Cathedral do whatever they wanted offensively against X and Elder, Chatard easily was the best defense I’ve seen this year and I consider Cathedral to have the most explosive offense in the state.

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

And I’ll say this, I think Chatard is pound for pound the best team in the state. They may not have the speed/depth to compete in 6A, but they are a very good football team. After watching Cathedral do whatever they wanted offensively against X and Elder, Chatard easily was the best defense I’ve seen this year and I consider Cathedral to have the most explosive offense in the state.

Can you define “pound for pound?”

Is there some sort of formula?

5 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Can you define “pound for pound?”

Is there some sort of formula?

No there’s no formula.

It’s an old boxing expression. Someone like Floyd Mayweather is widely considered to be one the best “pound for pound” fighters of all-time. But as 155 lb boxer he would get whooped by any below average heavyweight and rightfully so. 

1 minute ago, TacklingFuel_10 said:

Your best 11 vs. my best 11 for 48 minutes

I don’t have an 11, but quite a few teams do...that are better than Chatard.

I was thinking adding up all of the kids weights on the roster and dividing it by total number of points scored?

5 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

No there’s no formula.

It’s an old boxing expression. Someone like Floyd Mayweather is widely considered to be one the best “pound for pound” fighters of all-time. But as 155 lb boxer he would get whooped by any below average heavyweight and rightfully so. 

Ah, so the best in their class?  Got it.  I’m on board.

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

I was thinking adding up all of the kids weights on the roster and dividing it by total number of points scored?

I don’t think there’s “quite a few teams” whose best 11 are better than Chatard’s best 11. I do think there are a handful of teams who have better 12-30’s and that’s where football games are won and lost (see my comments about depth above).

4 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Ah, so the best in their class?  Got it.  I’m on board.

That’s not what that means but ok.

9 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I don’t think there’s “quite a few teams” whose best 11 are better than Chatard’s best 11. I do think there are a handful of teams who have better 12-30’s and that’s where football games are won and lost (see my comments about depth above).

That’s not what that means but ok.

I’ll take the first 8-10 on this list...

4 minutes ago, Temptation said:

I’ll take the first 8-10 on this list...

Certainly within your opinion but again that doesn’t quantify “pound for pound”, I don’t think you get what that means. 80% of those schools have 3-4x the enrollment of Chatard and I too would expect them to beat Chatard more times than not. But relative to Chatard’s enrollment, I think they are “pound for pound” the best team in the state.

16 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Certainly within your opinion but again that doesn’t quantify “pound for pound”, I don’t think you get what that means. 80% of those schools have 3-4x the enrollment of Chatard and I too would expect them to beat Chatard more times than not. But relative to Chatard’s enrollment, I think they are “pound for pound” the best team in the state.

So the best in their class?  Got it.