Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Top 15 Regardless of Class (Mid-Season)

7 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

I’m a Cathedral backer giving credit where credit is due. 

How did I move the goalposts? I stated an opinion that I believe kids are discouraged to come out for football or quit altogether before they see it through because of the sheer numbers at these 3,000+ school enrollments. I planted the goal posts here. You don’t have to agree with me, but stop suggesting I’m switching the narrative.

So when New Pal knocks Cathedral out in the regional round, we should expect the “pound for pound, we outhit them” post?

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

I would like to just bring this back to the point of this guy thinks south Adams is worth mentioning but not cg.

I bet the cg marching band would pitch a shutout against south Adams.

I hope you didn’t get your education from Bishop Dwenger High School.  I’m sure reading and comprehension are taught early and often at that upstanding institute. On second thought, based on your past posts there’s no way.

Enrollment is the bigger factor. A good coach can take a large enrollment and run it to a state championship if done properly. A good coach can get the best athletes out to the football field. A good coach gets the entire student body excited about football. Bottom line..........................Large Enrollment + Low Participation = Coach Not Doing His Job. Show me a coach who disagrees with this and I will show you a coach who points fingers at everyone else but himself. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rodney said:

I would like to just bring this back to the point of this guy thinks south Adams is worth mentioning but not cg.

Center Grove in the Top 15 is debatable given their strength of schedule. But with a 1-4 record, I'm certainly not going to crucify someone for not including them in their Top 15.

South Adams on the other hand? They are 5-0. They could run the table and make a claim that they are the best team in the state of Indiana regardless of class. And no one can argue against that because it will never be decided on the football field. 

5 hours ago, Rodney said:

I bet the cg marching band would pitch a shutout against south Adams.

Then the Center Grove marching band could pitch a shutout against over 200 other other teams as well. 

• Thanks 1

Center Grove is playing without there best player hands down. Going to be a hard out when Carson gets back on the field  . Won't be surprised to see them at Lucas Oil Thanksgiving weekend!! And South Adam's stop with the non sense!! LCC coming out of North in 1A.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Mopi11 said:

Center Grove is playing without there best player hands down. Going to be a hard out when Carson gets back on the field  . Won't be surprised to see them at Lucas Oil Thanksgiving weekend!! And South Adam's stop with the non sense!! LCC coming out of North in 1A.

What’s your reasoning behind LCC coming out of the North? I’ve heard of a lot of favorites halfway through the season to represent the north but they all seem to come from sectional 43 and 44 based on polls. I haven’t seen LCC this year so I’m honestly curious why you’re confident with your claim of them representing the North

5 hours ago, BTF said:

Center Grove in the Top 15 is debatable given their strength of schedule. But with a 1-4 record, I'm certainly not going to crucify someone for not including them in their Top 15.

South Adams on the other hand? They are 5-0. They could run the table and make a claim that they are the best team in the state of Indiana regardless of class. And no one can argue against that because it will never be decided on the football field. 

Then the Center Grove marching band could pitch a shutout against over 200 other other teams as well. 

Scott Frost, is that you?  Come on dude.

11 hours ago, Temptation said:

So when New Pal knocks Cathedral out in the regional round, we should expect the “pound for pound, we outhit them” post?

I fail to see the comparison of this to @Footballking16 statement.

New Pal enrollment 1,175 Roster 65 / Cathedral enrollment 1,099 Roster 85 (pretty similar in enrollment and roster)

Avon enrollment 3,095 Roster 79 / Chatard enrollment 714 Roster 81 (similar in roster big difference in enrollment)

There are likely very gifted athletes in the halls of Avon that don't play football, they may not play football because they have no interest to play football and prefer focusing on another sport: Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, etc. Honestly who knows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FastpacedO said:

I fail to see the comparison of this to @Footballking16 statement.

New Pal enrollment 1,175 Roster 65 / Cathedral enrollment 1,099 Roster 85 (pretty similar in enrollment and roster)

Avon enrollment 3,095 Roster 79 / Chatard enrollment 714 Roster 81 (similar in roster big difference in enrollment)

There are likely very gifted athletes in the halls of Avon that don't play football, they may not play football because they have no interest to play football and prefer focusing on another sport: Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, etc. Honestly who knows.

Maybe its just because I have NEVER been a boxing enthusiast and have never understood the actual "pound for pound" argument.  I get your point about Avon/Carmel/Warren vs New Pal/Cathedral/Chatard.  It makes sense.  It is COMMON sense.  Sorry if my argument was indicating otherwise.

Just seems like we have a poster trying to create some "Champions of Life" participation trophy that doesn't actually exist.

27 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Maybe its just because I have NEVER been a boxing enthusiast and have never understood the actual "pound for pound" argument.  I get your point about Avon/Carmel/Warren vs New Pal/Cathedral/Chatard.  It makes sense.  It is COMMON sense.  Sorry if my argument was indicating otherwise.

Just seems like we have a poster trying to create some "Champions of Life" participation trophy that doesn't actually exist.

LOL.

I'm not trying to create anything. I simply gave an opinion. Nowhere did I ever call Chatard to be a champion of anything mythical, simply gave an opinion that I though they were the best team in the state pund for pound. You clearly don't get the usage or terminology and you're attributing it to mean something that it doesn't.

4 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Seriously? You don't know what that means? Let's play pretend for a minute. Imagine programs like New Pal, Columbus East, Snider, Valparaiso, Pioneer, South Adams and Adams Central having enrollments of 3000 to work with. Scary thought, right?

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Seriously? You don't know what that means? Let's play pretend for a minute. Imagine programs like New Pal, Columbus East, Snider, Valparaiso, Pioneer, South Adams and Adams Central having enrollments of 3000 to work with. Scary thought, right?

Imagine if my Aunt had, (well you know how the saying goes)...

They give trophies for that?

Oh wait, they do.  SIX of them.

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Imagine if my Aunt had, (well you know how the saying goes)...

They give trophies for that?

Oh wait, they do.  SIX of them.

You need to get out of this state of denial that you are living in. 

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

You need to get out of this state of denial that you are living in. 

Please expand upon that statement.  What am I denying exactly?

Fact #1:  We have 6 classes for football in the state of Indiana.  Those 6 classes are separated by enrollment.

Fact #2:  We have a success factor (whether you agree with it/like it is irrelevant) that forces teams to play above their enrollment level if they achieve a certain amount of success.

Let's pretend that Carmel had 10,000 students.  Could they beat Purdue?  The Colts?  Do you believe in unicorns?  You're are talking in hypotheticals instead of facts.

1 minute ago, Temptation said:

Please expand upon that statement.  What am I denying exactly?

Fact #1:  We have 6 classes for football in the state of Indiana.  Those 6 classes are separated by enrollment.

Fact #2:  We have a success factor (whether you agree with it/like it is irrelevant) that forces teams to play above their enrollment level if they achieve a certain amount of success.

Let's pretend that Carmel had 10,000 students.  Could they beat Purdue?  The Colts?  Do you believe in unicorns?  You're are talking in hypotheticals instead of facts.

Here, since you are struggling a bit, maybe this will help. Imagine Avon or Center Grove with Carmel's enrollment. There ya go. 

2 minutes ago, BTF said:

Here, since you are struggling a bit, maybe this will help. Imagine Avon or Center Grove with Carmel's enrollment. There ya go. 

Once again, WHO cares?  I get your point, it is just meaningless.

Never seen so many dudes in a football forum using the words  "imagine" and "pretend."

Just now, Temptation said:

Once again, WHO cares?  I get your point, it is just meaningless.

Never seen so many dudes in a football forum using the words  "imagine" and "pretend."

You stated that you don't "understand" what pound for pound means...........................just trying to educate you...........................dude. 

I chimed in because I'm sick of hearing about how pathetic 1A teams are and how they can't compete with higher class programs. What other choice do smaller schools have than to claim pound for pound when schools of 3000+ are thumping their chest claiming "we're the greatest?" 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BTF said:

You stated that you don't "understand" what pound for pound means...........................just trying to educate you...........................dude. 

I chimed in because I'm sick of hearing about how pathetic 1A teams are and how they can't compete with higher class programs. What other choice do smaller schools have than to claim pound for pound when schools of 3000+ are thumping their chest claiming "we're the greatest?" 

Um, win 1A and care less about what other schools are "claiming."

8 hours ago, Antonio Browns Alter Ego said:

What’s your reasoning behind LCC coming out of the North? I’ve heard of a lot of favorites halfway through the season to represent the north but they all seem to come from sectional 43 and 44 based on polls. I haven’t seen LCC this year so I’m honestly curious why you’re confident with your claim of them representing the North

LCC's a tough one to figure out using some of the transitive kinds of comparisons that are often done.  Since the move to the Hoosier Conference, LCC has ended up being in a situation where very few direct or even transitive comparisons can be made given their playlist.  LCC will not play a 1A team until the tourney and that tends to be the way it has been.  There are also very few transitive comparisons too as most of the teams that LCC plays in the HC won't play 1A teams during their seasons ... the exception typically being Cass out of the HC East, who typically has played Pioneer as part of their regular schedule, but even then it's only every few years that LCC will play Cass as part of the crossover side of the conference.  LCC's standard West competition is West Lafayette, currently ranked top 5 in 3A, RCHS, currently ranked top 10 in 2A, Twin Lakes and Benton Central in 3A.  Their add-on schedule was Guerin, ranked top 10 3A,  and TriWest in 3A.  They also had a nice showing against Tipton who lost to 2A #1, Cass, 28-7.  This week's game at RCHS will probably tell a lot more about how seriously coming out of north 1A would be for the Knights.

LCC's been in a building phase for the past three seasons, with two coaches and an interim coach in that time, but there's a gel that's starting to form under Nay's leadership that's getting the Knights back to increased competitiveness.  With Pioneer now up in 2A, potentially LCC has a realistic shot at getting to semi-state and, should they get to that level, the odds increase more of getting back to LOS.  Again, I think a lot rides on how LCC plays RCHS this Friday.  

2 hours ago, FastpacedO said:

I think this is closer to on track as to why more kids don't play at some of these larger schools. Especially larger schools that may have some kids from poorer areas. Kids may choose to focus on one sport. With that many kids at one school, they may feel like they have to. Some kids may have to work after school to help support their family. While coaching at a inner-city school, I've had multiple students tell me that they had to watch their younger siblings after school. Some simply don't have the grades. Perhaps the program has been down and they do not want to come out and be a "loser".  I don't doubt that their are some students that don't play because they do not want to ride the bench. I do doubt that there are a lot of GREAT athletes not coming out for that reason. Bottom line, there are a LOT of different reasons why kids do not come out for football. 

1 hour ago, BTF said:

I think anyone who needs to understand what that means should GTS (i.e. Google That S*#%) :)

Im telling you know, there is not a team in LCC sectional or regional that can hang with them, unless its a crazy weather night and they cannot get the run game going, even at that, that is a uphill battle.   Does LCC have the OMG D1 kids right now, nope, but they do have a roster full of very good football players, playing in year 2 of the current system and playing very hard with skill at all positions.   Even if they do not win this weekend at Rensselaer, LCC is destined to be playing at Semi State game based on who else is in the sectional/regional rounds.  

According to the Predict a Matchup tool that @hhpatriot04 has pinned, our friend @Staxawax found that Adams Central is indeed a 2 point favorite over Homestead:   BOOM!!!  BABY!!!   :classic_laugh:

• Like 1