Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1 hour ago, tango said:

I can't speak to the others, but Brownstown Central is a team I was nervous about last year simply because we don't see any shotgun wing T so preparing is always a challenge.  They are well-coached, tough, and do what they do very well.  

Running the same system since 2014 ourselves, I can tell you for teams seeing it for the first time, there is that concern among their respective coaching staffs.  For us, its important to jump up early on teams who haven't seen before before they settle in. 

5 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Running the same system since 2014 ourselves, I can tell you for teams seeing it for the first time, there is that concern among their respective coaching staffs.  For us, its important to jump up early on teams who haven't seen before before they settle in. 

Tackle everyone and let the refs sort out who had the ball. :classic_biggrin:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

KNOX:   Blue Collar community with equally blue collar coach :   All Coach Hendryx has done is win everywhere he has went   

http://pastfb.homestead.com/coaches/JohnHendryx.htm#loaded

Offensive system, similar to what RCHS does, Shotgun WIng T, maybe doing some undercenter double tight double wing, but not 100% sure on that.   His teams play hard, physical and they have nice facilities.   

Brownstown Central:  Also a Shotgun Wing T team, similar to RCHS ,  Coach May is OUTSTANDING, year in and year out.   This year looks to be the same.  

Hudl video:  Knox:  https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/37677/Boys-Varsity-Football/videos

Brownstown:  https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/37285/Boys-Varsity-Football/videos

Edgewood:  https://www.hudl.com/team/v2/3776/Mustang-Football/videos

This is awesome - thanks coach!

• Like 1

This might start something, but at the half way point it would seem that the winner of Sectional 28 will win state. I know, I know. There are a lot of talented teams in sectional 32, but absent of some type of injury or weather or something else extraordinary, I think it comes down to sectional 28 and, more specifically, Chatard or W. Lafayette (who has been fairly quiet on GID this year).

Key 3A games this week will provide more info (Guerin, Brebeuf, GS, HH, others)

One more day til the next Friday night :)

30 minutes ago, Trojan88 said:

I think 5-0 Edgewood vs. Indian Creek is another in 3A which has my attention.

Edgewood is a hard team for me to read this year. They are having a good year but a lot of the teams they have struggled against in the past are down this year. I could see them winning their sectional and maybe even the regional. Momentum is a great thing if they can keep it rolling. It can take a decent team all the way to a semi state butt whooping. I have seen it first hand. :classic_wink:

On 9/23/2019 at 8:17 PM, LC_Bears_04 said:

In a perfect world you would see

Chatard vs. Crawfordsville

Guerin Catholic vs. Yorktown

Brebeuf vs. North Montgomery

West Lafayette vs. Hamilton Heights

If you seeded the teams, the seeds would be

1.  Chatard

2.  West Lafayette

3.  Brebeuf

4.  Guerin Catholic

5.  Yorktown

6.  North Montgomery

7.  Hamilton Heights

8.  Crawfordsville

I have Chatard seeded #1 because their blowout wins over Brebeuf and Southport are better wins than any wins West Lafayette has on its resume so far, and Chatard’s loss to Cathedral is more impressive than West Lafayette’s loss to Lafayette Jeff.

We sure about that? Jeff is 3rd in 6A, Cathedral 3rd in 5A... Jeff has elite talent in just about every position group.

21 minutes ago, Roadwarrior75 said:

We sure about that? Jeff is 3rd in 6A, Cathedral 3rd in 5A... Jeff has elite talent in just about every position group.

I believe WL and Chatard are interchangeable - either could be 1 or 2 at this time. As the season progresses, we will get more of a feel, but ultimately we will find out in sectionals. Fun to talk about now though isn't it?

• Like 1

Surprisingly, Heritage Hills looked a lot quicker/faster than GS on both sides of the ball.  I didn’t expect that from a ground and pound team. Very explosive for a team that only had 2 pass attempts tonight. 

Edited by Screagle
  • Like 1

Anyone have any longer footage of the game that shows line play, other than just highlights? It seemed like HH struggled to pressure Allen, according to the highlights and stats.

HH also seemed to always have a safety over the top and then play soft man-to-man on the back end. 

What happened with HH's two punts for 4 yards? Block, bad snap, shank? Those will bite the Patriots against the Raiders and in the sectional...

37 minutes ago, hhpatriot04 said:

Anyone have any longer footage of the game that shows line play, other than just highlights? It seemed like HH struggled to pressure Allen, according to the highlights and stats.

HH also seemed to always have a safety over the top and then play soft man-to-man on the back end. 

What happened with HH's two punts for 4 yards? Block, bad snap, shank? Those will bite the Patriots against the Raiders and in the sectional...

If it was originally listed as 4 yard average it was probably a error with digital scout and had been corrected we punted  twice and had a 46 yard average.

Gibson Southern Turnovers are listed wrong also they had 3 interceptions and a loss fumble.

punts.JPG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

HH held Brady in check for 3 qtrs. HH line did get pressure on him more often than not, but Allen has good feet and throws well when flushed. This kid lit every team up he has faced, for HH to get 3INT and limit him to 14 pts is a statement 

1 hour ago, PAC FAN said:

HH held Brady in check for 3 qtrs. HH line did get pressure on him more often than not, but Allen has good feet and throws well when flushed. This kid lit every team up he has faced, for HH to get 3INT and limit him to 14 pts is a statement 

In 3 games against us counting both games last season he's 42 out of 86  for 538 yards with 4 touchdowns and 4 interceptions.

• 2 weeks later...
CLASS 3A
CLASS
RANK
STATE
RANK
TEAM OVERALL
RATING
SCHEDULE
STRENGTH RANK
RECENT
RATING   RANK
PREDICTOR
RATING   RANK
1 7 Indianapolis Chatard 98.57 76.99 17 98.01 8 100.16 4
2 18 West Lafayette 89.35 56.23 84 89.00 18 89.86 18
3 27 Brebeuf Jesuit 80.14 67.28 40 81.10 27 78.14 33
4 30 Mishawaka Marian 79.28 45.65 137 79.98 28 79.56 27
5 37 Heritage Hills 77.61 48.11 122 78.39 33 76.77 38
6 40 Guerin Catholic 76.30 70.60 30 78.05 34 74.69 46
7 66 Fort Wayne Concordia 67.43 67.69 37 65.63 70 69.21 61
8 82 West Noble 62.21 36.76 198 63.37 79 60.64 90
9 84 Gibson Southern 61.91 25.08 264 61.22 89 62.72 81

86 Southridge 61.71 41.24 163 63.24 80 59.35

1 hour ago, Screagle said:

Is the SOS of 264 correct?  

That is what Sagarin indicates.  That seems a bit off to me when compared to a Heritage Hills whose schedule rank is 122.  I would think their schedule rankings would at least be comparable.  Even so, it’s not like I drilled very deep to figure out why.

5 minutes ago, Lysander said:

That is what Sagarin indicates.  That seems a bit off to me when compared to a Heritage Hills whose schedule rank is 122.  I would think their schedule rankings would at least be comparable.  Even so, it’s not like I drilled very deep to figure out why.

Heritage Hills has not played 2A Forest Park (4-3) or 2A South Spencer (1-6) which Gibson has.  By the end of the season HH's SOS will be dismal because of it's conference.  Which in truth is no interpretation of the team, or how good they are.  Exactly why I hate this rating system.  

1 minute ago, Patriot 74 said:

Heritage Hills has not played 2A Forest Park (4-3) or 2A South Spencer (1-6) which Gibson has.  By the end of the season HH's SOS will be dismal because of it's conference.  Which in truth is no interpretation of the team, or how good they are.  Exactly why I hate this rating system.  

The system has HH #5 overall in a really tough Class 3A.  Not bad despite an SOS that is lower than No’s 1,2 and 3.  Currently they are ahead of Guerin whose schedule strength is 30th.  

All that SOS tells you is what it’s supposed to - “How tough are the team’s schedules in comparison?”  SOS is just added info.

It doesn’t mean that the team with a weaker schedule isn’t a better team.

1 minute ago, Lysander said:

The system has HH #5 overall in a really tough Class 3A.  Not bad despite an SOS that is lower than No’s 1,2 and 3.  Currently they are ahead of Guerin whose schedule strength is 30th.  

All that SOS tells you is what it’s supposed to - “How tough are the team’s schedules in comparison?”  SOS is just added info.

It doesn’t mean that the team with a weaker schedule isn’t a better team.

Thanks my friend...it is amazing there are folks on this board that still need that explanation.

• Like 1