Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

1A Game of the Week: South Adams @ Adams Central

Starfires are pulling away in this one. Arnold just too much to handle passing it. 35 to 6 Starfires. 1A NE region has been put on notice that South Adams is the team to beat.

54 minutes ago, Tiger Fan said:

South Adams will not lose until November, if at all.

I really would like to see LCC and them. That'll be a ball game. LCC will be battle tested by playing Guerin, Tipton, West Laf and Rensselaer. I also imagine theyll play western in championship week. South Adams seems legit but i don't think they've played anyone nearly as good as what LCC has. 

On 9/26/2019 at 6:34 AM, BendNotBreak said:

This is the premier 1A game on on tap this week.... I dont think anyone from lcc would make that claim..... other than they r a threat .... at this point.... 

I think LCC fans believe they have a legit chance to make it to Lucas Oil. South Adams would probably be the 5th best team theyd face behind West Laf, Guerin, Rensselaer and potentially western. 

Heck. If Pioneer was 1a before the season started youd be shipping the title to RC. 

1a is very wide open. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

7 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

I think LCC fans believe they have a legit chance to make it to Lucas Oil. South Adams would probably be the 5th best team theyd face behind West Laf, Guerin, Rensselaer and potentially western. 

Heck. If Pioneer was 1a before the season started youd be shipping the title to RC. 

1a is very wide open. 

Clearly ...the road to the can in the north...... is thru SA.

LCC is not quite ready ... yet... they r on the outside... looking in...... jmho

8 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

I really would like to see LCC and them. That'll be a ball game. LCC will be battle tested by playing Guerin, Tipton, West Laf and Rensselaer. I also imagine theyll play western in championship week. South Adams seems legit but i don't think they've played anyone nearly as good as what LCC has. 

How does getting blanked 50-0 against West Lafayette make you better? Just curious

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BendNotBreak said:

How do think SA would do vrs WL this yr?   Just curious.....

Oh, they’d get the hell beat out them for sure. What I’m asking is how that makes you better? Strength of schedule only matters if you can compete and get something out of it. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thor77 said:

Oh, they’d get the hell beat out them for sure. What I’m asking is how that makes you better? Strength of schedule only matters if you can compete and get something out of it. 

I agree.... I believe the sched has advanced this team's play much quicker than if they played a weak one.... sag has them 3 td dogs to the highly ranked bombers... at the half LCC 13. RC 10.... a lotta fb left ... but very encouraging if u a knight fan......

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BTF said:

Better than 50-0. Much better actually. South Adams is the team to beat up north. 

SA ...IS... the team to beat in the north.... an WL would beat them like a red headed step child!  I hav only said LCC has to keep improving to knock them out... I believe RC is wo their starting. Qb today.... the back up is pretty good... but still taking it with a grain of salt..... 

9 minutes ago, BendNotBreak said:

SA ...IS... the team to beat in the north.... an WL would beat them like a red headed step child!  I hav only said LCC has to keep improving to knock them out... I believe RC is wo their starting. Qb today.... the back up is pretty good... but still taking it with a grain of salt..... 

Just because WL humiliated LCC doesn't mean they'd do the same to SA................and they wouldn't do the same to SA. South Adams is a minimum 14 pts better than LCC. West Lafayette would probably be a 21-24 point favorite over South Adams. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Just because WL humiliated LCC doesn't mean they'd do the same to SA................and they wouldn't do the same to SA. South Adams is a minimum 14 pts better than LCC. West Lafayette would probably be a 21-24 point favorite over South Adams. 

No, trust me, West Laf would wreck South Adams. Not even close. There’s a difference between big schools, and then big schools with four star D1 athletes. I’ve seen a lot of WL as a Purdue fan keeping tabs on the Karlaftis brothers, and Yanni would wreck any SA game plan. 

I look forward to a potential matchup of LCC vs South Adams. It will be full of good offense and in 1a, and you dont always see good offense. 1a has a lot of good talent this year and their isn’t a juggernaut like pioneer so every fan base in the top 10 should be excited for their teams chance to get to Lucas Oil

Edited by Antonio Browns Alter Ego
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Thor77 said:

No, trust me, West Laf would wreck South Adams. Not even close. There’s a difference between big schools, and then big schools with four star D1 athletes. I’ve seen a lot of WL as a Purdue fan keeping tabs on the Karlaftis brothers, and Yanni would wreck any SA game plan. 

Not much confidence in the best team South Adam's has ever fielded? I've seen lot's of football, no need to educate me on the difference between a big school and a small one. I understand that West Lafayette hung with a good 6a team. Kudos to them. South Adams is playing at a quality 3a level. In fact they would probably be a top ten 3a team this year. My opinion stands............WL over SA by 21.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BTF said:

Not much confidence in the best team South Adam's has ever fielded? I've seen lot's of football, no need to educate me on the difference between a big school and a small one. I understand that West Lafayette hung with a good 6a team. Kudos to them. South Adams is playing at a quality 3a level. In fact they would probably be a top ten 3a team this year. My opinion stands............WL over SA by 

Could b ur correct.... sag backs u up... Lcc has alot catching up to do fo shore.. been sayin they ain't ther yet....

13 hours ago, BendNotBreak said:

Could b ur correct.... sag backs u up... Lcc has alot catching up to do fo shore.. been sayin they ain't ther yet....

And I have a world of respect for LCC. They just don't seem to be the same team since Kevin O'shea left.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, BTF said:

And I have a world of respect for LCC. They just don't seem to be the same team since Kevin O'shea left.

Thx   they r in yr 2 of coach Nays leadership... and r making good progress .... and hav awesome support.....  The stats SA put up on AC r daunting..... no doubt.....

21 hours ago, BTF said:

The drop off was already starting to occur before Coach O'Shea left.  Recall that, when LCC went up to 2A under Success Factor, they were about 20 yards from likely heading to LOS the first season of SF and 4 points short of heading back there in the second season.  When returning back to 1A, there was a notable drop off, which @LCCAlum and I had been talking about it coming since before LCC went up on Success Factor.  Still enough to pick up a state title, but not enough to keep Kiser and Company from making three straight trips to LOS.

With that said, O'Shea was a phenomenal fit for LCC and vice-versa.  His time at LCC ended up being a "perfect storm" kind of time between great coaching, great depth, really good talent, etc. that all seemed to have a great synergy about it.  I think it's likely that Pioneer would have made three straight trips to LOS even with O'Shea at the helm and, actually made the first of those, albeit a loss to Linton was the result, in the first of those trips.  I think Nay is going to be good for LCC.  I like what I'm seeing and I think he'll end up getting things back in stride soon.  Will it be back to the days of knocking off West Lafayette most seasons?  Probably not.  That has easily as much to do with where West Lafayette has come from/to as opposed to on LCC's part.  Will it be a return to the days of LCC manhandling the "younger brother" Guerin?  Probably not.  Again, that set of kudos is more tied to what Guerin has grown into through its own progress.  But I think the potential days of making sure that you keep Thanksgiving weekend open for a trip to LOS could potentially be in the cards for LCC sooner than most opponents would like it to be.

14 minutes ago, foxbat said:

The drop off was already starting to occur before Coach O'Shea left.  Recall that, when LCC went up to 2A under Success Factor, they were about 20 yards from likely heading to LOS the first season of SF and 4 points short of heading back there in the second season.  When returning back to 1A, there was a notable drop off, which @LCCAlum and I had been talking about it coming since before LCC went up on Success Factor.  Still enough to pick up a state title, but not enough to keep Kiser and Company from making three straight trips to LOS.

With that said, O'Shea was a phenomenal fit for LCC and vice-versa.  His time at LCC ended up being a "perfect storm" kind of time between great coaching, great depth, really good talent, etc. that all seemed to have a great synergy about it.  I think it's likely that Pioneer would have made three straight trips to LOS even with O'Shea at the helm and, actually made the first of those, albeit a loss to Linton was the result, in the first of those trips.  I think Nay is going to be good for LCC.  I like what I'm seeing and I think he'll end up getting things back in stride soon.  Will it be back to the days of knocking off West Lafayette most seasons?  Probably not.  That has easily as much to do with where West Lafayette has come from/to as opposed to on LCC's part.  Will it be a return to the days of LCC manhandling the "younger brother" Guerin?  Probably not.  Again, that set of kudos is more tied to what Guerin has grown into through its own progress.  But I think the potential days of making sure that you keep Thanksgiving weekend open for a trip to LOS could potentially be in the cards for LCC sooner than most opponents would like it to be.

Great post. Thanks