Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Hoosier North Athletic Conference Week #6 Picks

Game of the Week? 

Does Caston Have A Chance To Pick Up A 'W'?

What Say You?

Caston at North White, 7 pm
Culver at Winamac ©, 7 pm
Knox at LaVille ©, 7:30 pm
Triton at Pioneer ©, 7 pm
West Central at North Judson, 7 pm
Caston at North White, Caston 36-30
Culver at Winamac, Culver 38-20
Knox at LaVille, Laville 28-7
Triton at Pioneer, Pioneer 68-0
West Central at North Judson, North Judson 50-8

3 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Game of the Week? 

What Say You?

Caston/North White. 

This is the 2nd game I thought Caston could win. Their young QB, Smith, Rock Wolf and Schanlaub are decent but NW is bigger, has a tad bit more depth and i think their QB and their big TE Cobb are nice players. I see NW winning 28-12

Knox at LaVille. 

Both are junior heavy. Dill and Doyle are studs for LaVille. Watts and Pope are pretty good but I really like Knox's junior class which is solid.. Mixed in with some good seniors and sophomores. Baugh, Short, Rose, McIntire and Napierkowski? Will provide all they need. Knox 21. LaVille 17. 

Pioneer/Triton

Pioneer rolls 50-0. 

West Central and North Judson. 

Lambert and co have done a great job at changing the culture over there. They'll beat WC... 42-8.

Winamac and Culver.

Culver is bigger, stronger and they have more facial hair haha. Their Power T is a beaut to watch. It seems they have almost 1,700 rushing yards combined with King, Dittmire and Stevens. They don't really throw so Winamac's defense is gonna have to step it up and get some stops or create turnovers. Culver will dominate time of possession. Itll be interesting to see how our passing game does. Last year we caught them by surprise with switch at QB and some on side kicks...then we held on for dear life. Last year's game is also the game where Winamac was without 7 starters and lost 2 more in the game. Ill say Culver 32. Winamac 20. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Game of the Week? 

What Say You?

North White wins this battle of JV teams!

Run or Pass, I will go with Run and Culver by 2 scores.

Laville should win this but feel like Knox will find a way.  Laville makes to many TO’s, Penalty’s and their offense disappears in to many big games over the years.  Knox 21-17

Pioneer in a barn burner!!  NOT - Running clock the entire 2nd half

Judson going away in this one....

19 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

Caston/North White. 

This is the 2nd game I thought Caston could win. Their young QB, Smith, Rock Wolf and Schanlaub are decent but NW is bigger, has a tad bit more depth and i think their QB and their big TE Cobb are nice players. I see NW winning 28-12

Knox at LaVille. 

Both are junior heavy. Dill and Doyle are studs for LaVille. Watts and Pope are pretty good but I really like Knox's junior class which is solid.. Mixed in with some good seniors and sophomores. Baugh, Short, Rose, McIntire and Napierkowski? Will provide all they need. Knox 21. LaVille 17. 

Pioneer/Triton

Pioneer rolls 50-0. 

West Central and North Judson. 

Lambert and co have done a great job at changing the culture over there. They'll beat WC... 42-8.

Winamac and Culver.

Culver is bigger, stronger and they have more facial hair haha. Their Power T is a beaut to watch. It seems they have almost 1,700 rushing yards combined with King, Dittmire and Stevens. They don't really throw so Winamac's defense is gonna have to step it up and get some stops or create turnovers. Culver will dominate time of possession. Itll be interesting to see how our passing game does. Last year we caught them by surprise with switch at QB and some on side kicks...then we held on for dear life. Last year's game is also the game where Winamac was without 7 starters and lost 2 more in the game. Ill say Culver 32. Winamac 20. 

I like Winamac's chances if they pass early on. Culver will dominate offensively, but Culver's pass D is horrendous. It seems Winamac is starting to click in their passing game. Should be an interesting game.

North White  25-0 - Caston is VERY BAD!

Culver -26-20   should be close game but Culver grinds it out on the ground very well!!

LaVille 24-21 very evenly matched game... not sure why Dill and Pope didn't play last week.  Offense looks to be still trying to find identity/personnel the way it looks on video....  Two very well coached teams with great staffs to prepare for this battle.  Turnovers will be key

Pioneer BIG 63-0  not sure if they are getting healthy for he second half of the season but subs have done tremendous thusfar.

Judson BIG 45-6  Guys upfront will dominate the trojans

41 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

North White  25-0 - Caston is VERY BAD!

Culver -26-20   should be close game but Culver grinds it out on the ground very well!!

LaVille 24-21 very evenly matched game... not sure why Dill and Pope didn't play last week.  Offense looks to be still trying to find identity/personnel the way it looks on video....  Two very well coached teams with great staffs to prepare for this battle.  Turnovers will be key

Pioneer BIG 63-0  not sure if they are getting healthy for he second half of the season but subs have done tremendous thusfar.

Judson BIG 45-6  Guys upfront will dominate the trojans

Dill was ejected from the Winamac/LaVille game.  It happened very late in the game.

Im shocked LaVille didn't sit out more kids last week. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

5 hours ago, footballer_02 said:

I like Winamac's chances if they pass early on. Culver will dominate offensively, but Culver's pass D is horrendous. It seems Winamac is starting to click in their passing game. Should be an interesting game.

It has been better. 

In defense of Culver. They did pick off a few passes of Triton's. I don't know how similar he is to Compton. Ill say ive been pleasantly surprised by Brayden Lynch and Travis Dixon in the receiving game. Huetten missing most of LaVille and all of Judson hurt. Tyson Johnson switching to Cass has hurt quite a bit. He would have given Compton 2 6'2/6'3 receivers...to mix in with Lynch and Fox in the short game. 

15 hours ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

It has been better. 

In defense of Culver. They did pick off a few passes of Triton's. I don't know how similar he is to Compton. Ill say ive been pleasantly surprised by Brayden Lynch and Travis Dixon in the receiving game. Huetten missing most of LaVille and all of Judson hurt. Tyson Johnson switching to Cass has hurt quite a bit. He would have given Compton 2 6'2/6'3 receivers...to mix in with Lynch and Fox in the short game. 

Do you ever quit talking about who is not on your team, or who moved, or who is injured?  Why don't you just talk about the players that are playing?  All teams have guys that are hurt or have moved away.  You don't hear everyone on here whining about what could of been for their teams.  Move on!  And you wonder why people give you a hard time on here!

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 2
  • Disdain 1

10 minutes ago, yogi said:

Do you ever quit talking about who is not on your team, or who moved, or who is injured?  Why don't you just talk about the players that are playing?  All teams have guys that are hurt or have moved away.  You don't hear everyone on here whining about what could of been for their teams.  Move on!  And you wonder why people give you a hard time on here!

Looks like he got under your skin.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, footballer_02 said:

I'd love to see a 2A match up between Laville & Rensselaer. Who would ya'll take and why???

Bombers by 28

Reason: BOMBERS beat (4A) WESTERN. (4A) WESTERN also beat the defending state champs (2A) #2 WEBO. LAVILLE was handled by  (2A) #5 PIONEER

There isn't a top 10 team in (2A) LAVILLE would beat. I dont even believe they could beat ANDREAN or TIPTON.

No I don't hate Laville. They are a tough ball club and have much respect for them. All I am saying is BOMBERS Vs. PIONEER way better topic.

7 minutes ago, TheWaterBoii said:

Bombers by 28

Reason: BOMBERS beat (4A) WESTERN. (4A) WESTERN also beat the defending state champs (2A) #2 WEBO. LAVILLE was handled by  (2A) #5 PIONEER

There isn't a top 10 team in (2A) LAVILLE would beat. I dont even believe they could beat ANDREAN or TIPTON.

No I don't hate Laville. They are a tough ball club and have much respect for them. All I am saying is BOMBERS Vs. PIONEER way better topic.

I don't disagree. I think Laville is up and down. I will say the Laville/Pioneer game was much closer than the score shows. All in all I think the Bombers/Panthers would be a great match up and I can't wait to see which teams come out of those two sectionals. I'm not sold on Boone Grove in that sectional either.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, footballer_02 said:

I'd love to see a 2A match up between Laville & Rensselaer. Who would ya'll take and why???

Bombers used to be in same sectional as LaVille back in the 90s.   I want to say last time they played was maybe 1992??  Sectional Championship game.   Bombers won 

1 hour ago, MarshallCounty said:

Predictor tool has RC as a 10 pt favorite.  Based on history (which doesn't mean much) and week to week schedule, I would tend to think the Bombers would win.

http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2019/project_matchup2.pl

PROJECT A MATCHUP

neutral field
[2019] Rensselaer Central (Rensselaer, IN) 28, [2019] LaVille (Lakeville, IN) 14

1 hour ago, footballer_02 said:

The only thing that would keep this game within 3 scores is the fact that Laville has a pretty solid defense.  Offensively they would struggle with the Bombers.  To vanilla, to predictable and no identity.  The LOS would be dominated by RHS.

8 minutes ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

And the Pioneer game was not as close as it appeared.  Pioneer offense tried to milk the clock and wasn’t nearly as aggressive in the 4th qtr.  played things very close to the vest to keep the clock moving.

Pioneer controlled the game, most certainly... but Laville gave up a kickoff return for a TD, a passing TD as time expired in the 2nd quarter, a botched punt by Pioneer that was taken 50+ yards for a TD and was in the redzone how many times and didn't score??? So I'd definitely say the score wasn't an indicator of how the game went. Regardless, I don't see Laville beating any of the top three teams in that sectional.

1 hour ago, TheWaterBoii said:

Bombers by 28

I don't know that I would say that Pioneer 'handled' LaVille.

I would say that Pioneer 'executed' better than LaVille.  ... Execution and turnovers the difference in that ball game.

I would also say that LaVille has not shown that they could win the big game.

I'd be curious to know what LaVille's record has been against teams with a winning record?  0-1 so far in 2019.  They will get a big challenge against 5-0 Knox Friday.  Can they win the big game against a team with a winning record?  In 2018, LaVille was 1-3 against teams with a winning record ... lost to Culver Academy, beat Triton, lost to Pioneer, lost to Knox .... NJSP had a .500 record and LaVille was 1-1 against them. Won in regular season and lost in sectional first round.

Along those lines, does LaVille beat any team in the Class 2A Top 10 from this weeks rankings? I don't think so either.

Therefore, the question is, how does LaVille win a big game? Against a team with a winning record?  That's something the football coaching staff must approach with the Lancer Football team.

as always, the game is better,

from_the_sidelines007

• Like 1

Some very good points being made here.  Since Hostrawser has brought back football to relevance at Laville, they haven’t came close to beating Pioneer, even with one of their best teams 3-4 years ago.  As a matter of fact, I think last years game was the most points scored on them since the conference started and that was 19.  Going backwards sectional results were:

2018 - Lost to North Judson

2017 - Won Sectional/Lost to Pioneer 

2016 - Lost to Southwood

2015 - Lost to Northfield

2014 - Lost to Winamac 

Moving to 2A this year wasn’t helpful either, as their 1A sectional would of probably been a breeze for them this year.

1 hour ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

I don't know that I would say that Pioneer 'handled' LaVille.

I would say that Pioneer 'executed' better than LaVille.  ... Execution and turnovers the difference in that ball game.

I would also say that LaVille has not shown that they could win the big game.

I'd be curious to know what LaVille's record has been against teams with a winning record?  0-1 so far in 2019.  They will get a big challenge against 5-0 Knox Friday.  Can they win the big game against a team with a winning record?  In 2018, LaVille was 1-3 against teams with a winning record ... lost to Culver Academy, beat Triton, lost to Pioneer, lost to Knox .... NJSP had a .500 record and LaVille was 1-1 against them. Won in regular season and lost in sectional first round.

Along those lines, does LaVille beat any team in the Class 2A Top 10 from this weeks rankings? I don't think so either.

Therefore, the question is, how does LaVille win a big game? Against a team with a winning record?  That's something the football coaching staff must approach with the Lancer Football team.

as always, the game is better,

from_the_sidelines007

Hopefully the Lancers can silence some critics and "upset" the Redskins this week!!!

I think LaVille can be Knox and Pioneer, if they play mistake free and limit big plays on defense.  I know a lot of people like to say that the Pioneer game was closer than the score and that Pioneer got the breaks but it went both ways.  On LaVille’s first TD, they had a lineman 15 yards downfield that was not called.  So for those saying Pioneer scored on a KO return and a botched punt and with 1 second to go in the half, well it’s all part of the game.  Give credit where credit is due, Pioneers ability to stop LaVille inside the red zone is as much Pioneers defense stepping up as LaVilles offense not executing.  I’m sure Coach Hostrawser told his team the same thing and that they need to learn from it and get better.  The only way LaVille can get that proverbial monkey off their back, is to win this week, get better until sectionals and then show their worth against whoever it is they face.  They can do it but as with any game, they must play mistake free football and limit the big plays.  There’s my two cents!

• Like 2