Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

6 hours ago, yogi said:

Do you ever quit talking about who is not on your team, or who moved, or who is injured?  Why don't you just talk about the players that are playing?  All teams have guys that are hurt or have moved away.  You don't hear everyone on here whining about what could of been for their teams.  Move on!  And you wonder why people give you a hard time on here!

Wasn't whining nor was I complaining. I was stating facts. 

You might wanna read my post again... I think I mentioned a few kids. I did last week and week before and the week before that. 

Seriously though Yogi. Don't change.. You are just as ridiculous on here as you are on John Harrells!

4 hours ago, yogi said:

no just get tired of his whining and complaining

I wasn't whining or complaining.....if anything you are doing what you said I was supposedly doing. 

1 hour ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Some very good points being made here.  Since Hostrawser has brought back football to relevance at Laville, they haven’t came close to beating Pioneer, even with one of their best teams 3-4 years ago.  As a matter of fact, I think last years game was the most points scored on them since the conference started and that was 19.  Going backwards sectional results were:

2018 - Lost to North Judson

2017 - Won Sectional/Lost to Pioneer 

2016 - Lost to Southwood

2015 - Lost to Northfield

2014 - Lost to Winamac 

Moving to 2A this year wasn’t helpful either, as their 1A sectional would of probably been a breeze for them this year.

I believe the '18 and '16 games are years you should have won...i really do.  I can't speak about 15 but you guys had no shot in '14. 

15 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

i have never been on Harrel''s message board.   Sounds like a thrilling good time :classic_love:

Been on there for years. Never posted anything though. It's a good place to get a little bit of good basketball information if you can weed through all of the Jr. high name calling and I'm better than you are crap that is on there daily.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, footballer_02 said:

I'd love to see a 2A match up between Laville & Rensselaer. Who would ya'll take and why???

Id pick Rensselaer. 

Coach Meeks and staff do a great job, even years when they have sub .500 records (which is rare) going into sectionals they always seem to make the finals, or win sect or if they happen to draw the favs.. Play them tough. 

Coach H at LaVille does a great job but sometimes I feel he should let it loose a bit. LaVille has some stud athletes and sometimes I feel that conservative play calling bites them. 

I think it would be a great game but id have no hesitation on picking Rensselaer.

43 minutes ago, cpg1970 said:

I think LaVille can be Knox and Pioneer, if they play mistake free and limit big plays on defense.  I know a lot of people like to say that the Pioneer game was closer than the score and that Pioneer got the breaks but it went both ways.  On LaVille’s first TD, they had a lineman 15 yards downfield that was not called.  So for those saying Pioneer scored on a KO return and a botched punt and with 1 second to go in the half, well it’s all part of the game.  Give credit where credit is due, Pioneers ability to stop LaVille inside the red zone is as much Pioneers defense stepping up as LaVilles offense not executing.  I’m sure Coach Hostrawser told his team the same thing and that they need to learn from it and get better.  The only way LaVille can get that proverbial monkey off their back, is to win this week, get better until sectionals and then show their worth against whoever it is they face.  They can do it but as with any game, they must play mistake free football and limit the big plays.  There’s my two cents!

If I were LaVille I'd still be bummed we lost to Pioneer but id feel more confident about a rematch then I would in years past. 

Execute a bit better on offense, same intensity on D and clean up the special teams miscues... That game is prob a lot diff. 

Also. How come LaVille didn't use their kicker? Hes got a boot. Gotta take points anyway you can against Pioneer. 

Last year that game against NJ turned out to be a perfect storm!!   It was cold and raining sideways and whatever could go wrong did.  On LaVille’s first drive, a pass deflected off of Dill’s foot and popped up into a Judson defenders hands!  Then on 3rd and forever, Judson QB was scrambling, threw one, went threw the hands of a LV defender, tipped up and caught by a Judson receiver that happen to be in the right place at the right time.  Then a pic 6 deep in LV territory gave NJ their 2nd TD.  It was miserable to say the least!  The Southwood game was just heart wrenching!  Kertai was crossing the goal line to seal the deal, when he fumbled.  Then SW went the distance to get the game winning score.   That was a great game, except for the way it ended!

Edited by cpg1970

6 minutes ago, cpg1970 said:

Last year that game against NJ turned out to be a perfect storm!!   It was cold and raining sideways and whatever could go wrong did.  On LaVille’s first drive, a pass deflected off of Dill’s foot and popped up into a Judson defenders hands!  Then on 3rd and forever, Judson QB was scrambling, threw one, went threw the hands of a LV defender, tipped up and caught by a Judson receiver that happen to be in the right place at the right time.  Then a pic 6 deep in LV territory gave NJ their 2nd TD.  It was miserable to say the least!  The Southwood game was just heart wrenching!  Kertai was crossing the goal line to seal the deal, when he fumbled.  Then SW went the distance to get the game winning score.   That was a great game, except for the way it ended!

Kertai was a great back and they had a great team that year...tough loss.  Pioneer completely demolished them that year too.  Damn Panthers!

I know very little about the Bombers (outside of what I read around here), I’d take Bombers easily over Laville.  As far as the Pioneer/Laville game the same can be said for the Panthers.  They looked OK, but they did not look great.  Coach H has done a great job up there, but until Laville gets some quality wins consistently they’re not going to get the respect some people think they deserve right now.  

Caston @ North White: Caston could pull one out here but it'll be a shit show as expected... Vikings 35-21

Culver @ Winamac: Winamac hung with the jays for awhile but eventually fell apart in the closing quarter... Culver should Power T themselves to a 20 point victory... Cavs 28-8

Knox @ LaVille: LaVille could play them tough but I'm not seeing it as much... I see Knox and Pioneer to be a better game than most expect... Skins 28-14

Triton @ Pioneer: Tritons biggest opponent in this game is the running clock.... Panthers 55-7

WC @ North Judson: Keeping this short so I don't get a story written to me by the NJSP coaching staff... or I mean the Duke of Denham.... Jays should take care of business.. Jays 49-0

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Wild Frogs said:

Caston @ North White: Caston could pull one out here but it'll be a shit show as expected... Vikings 35-21

Culver @ Winamac: Winamac hung with the jays for awhile but eventually fell apart in the closing quarter... Culver should Power T themselves to a 20 point victory... Cavs 28-8

Knox @ LaVille: LaVille could play them tough but I'm not seeing it as much... I see Knox and Pioneer to be a better game than most expect... Skins 28-14

Triton @ Pioneer: Tritons biggest opponent in this game is the running clock.... Panthers 55-7

WC @ North Judson: Keeping this short so I don't get a story written to me by the NJSP coaching staff... or I mean the Duke of Denham.... Jays should take care of business.. Jays 49-0

For a while? They hung around until about 3:45 left in the game and fell apart in the closing minutes and I wouldn't even call it "hanging around". The game wasn't truly decided until the bad snap/deflection that caused the ball to land in the end zone to make score 21-8... That game was way closer then you described. 

Come on WF. 

On 9/24/2019 at 10:39 AM, footballer_02 said:

I like Winamac's chances if they pass early on. Culver will dominate offensively, but Culver's pass D is horrendous. It seems Winamac is starting to click in their passing game. Should be an interesting game.

While I can’t disagree Culver’s secondary has struggled, they have shown big improvement in the Knox and Triton games. Hopefully your criticism is just the chalkboard material they need to keep improving down the stretch

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, AubbeenaubeeCav said:

While I can’t disagree Culver’s secondary has struggled, they have shown big improvement in the Knox and Triton games. Hopefully your criticism is just the chalkboard material they need to keep improving down the stretch

According to Hudl. Culver through 5 games actually gives up more passing yards per game this year then last. 

Im sure their pass defense has improved a lot but Judson, SC and WC aren't really threats to throw. Knox threw for almost 180 and Triton threw for over 200. 

It'll be interesting to see! Weather is gonna play a factor for both teams!

1 hour ago, Ultimate Warrior said:

According to Hudl. Culver through 5 games actually gives up more passing yards per game this year then last. 

Im sure their pass defense has improved a lot but Judson, SC and WC aren't really threats to throw. Knox threw for almost 180 and Triton threw for over 200. 

It'll be interesting to see! Weather is gonna play a factor for both teams!

And?  Culver may be giving up more yards but through 5 games last year they were giving up 40.4 ppg. This year they are giving up only 20.8.

Doesn't matter how many yards they give up if the other team can't score. 

Should be an interesting game nonetheless. 

58 minutes ago, Offintheyard said:

And?  Culver may be giving up more yards but through 5 games last year they were giving up 40.4 ppg. This year they are giving up only 20.8.

Doesn't matter how many yards they give up if the other team can't score. 

Should be an interesting game nonetheless. 

And? We weren't talking about Culver's defense as a whole, we were talking about the secondary there bud.