Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

15 minutes ago, FarmerFran said:

Culver’s pass defense must have been good enough to beat Winamac...

Ehh. 2 over thrown td passes and 2 wide open drops. 

2 passing tds (hudl marked 1 as a run) 

Would have put them over 100 passing yards. 

Edited by Ultimate Warrior

Congrats to Culver though. 40 and 46 are super tough to bring down. 20 is electric. 

That OL/DL and offensive backfield were very impressive. 

Really happy how Remington Schwartz played this weekend. Coy Field and Beau Brandt too. 

Gabe Townsend had a nice kick return for a TD and Brayden Lynch had 6 receptions for 122 yards. Once they get Huetten back in a few weeks. That's gonna be a tough combo. .. And hope Keith Dell stays positive, dropped a couple TD passes today. Next time those will be catches. 

Just now, AubbeenaubeeCav said:

Winamac played hard, but had a lot of costly penalties. They actually stopped Culver’s offense as well as anyone has this year. Culver stopped themselves against Knox with turnovers

Very much so. Honestly today was the best game they've looked for 4 Q's. 

The bad snap on the punt and having 12 guys on the field after a BIG defensive stand were daggers. 

Just curious what feedback Football Guru 25 and SteeleCurtain88 had regarding the Knox at LaVille game?

On 9/27/2019 at 7:21 AM, Offintheyard said:

Obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I will try to explain this to you one last time. The entire point I am trying to make is that it doesn't matter how many yards you give up if you are not giving up TDs.  I wasn't comparing last years TDs to this years TDs. You took it upon yourself to do that in order to try and spin this. 

Also, while we are at it, the 2 "TD passes" you are crediting Knox for were actually PATs. You might want to look stuff up yourself. Again, I never said anything about PATs.

I hope your team does well. I obviously know coaches on both teams and don't really care who wins. So go ahead and spin this however you want to make yourself look better, I'm done commenting on this. 

Just curious Offintheyard  . . .

Has Culver Academy been approached in the lst 5-10 years re: joining a conference?

Seems like when the NIC expanded and the NSC was looking Culver Academy could make for an interesting additon.

as always, the game is better

from_the_sidelines007

8 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

If you got speed, you’ve got to know how to use it!

Maybe Coach Hostrawser has room for an assistant coach?

Seems like you could add something to the braintrust . . . .

from_the_sidelines007

8 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Knox beat Laville 13-3.  Defense battle as expected but Lavilles offense looked pathetic!  Chalk up another big game liss!!

I hear that LaVIlle is too vanilla on offense . . . . not a lot of creativitiy on offense . . .  predictable play-calling on offense . . . .

Would those be your sentiments, as well?  And, possible a few more insights?

from_the_sidelines007

11 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

Just curious what feedback Football Guru 25 and SteeleCurtain88 had regarding the Knox at LaVille game?

Just curious Offintheyard  . . .

Has Culver Academy been approached in the lst 5-10 years re: joining a conference?

Seems like when the NIC expanded and the NSC was looking Culver Academy could make for an interesting additon.

from_the_sidelines007

There were feelers put out but the admin and some coaches at the time had no interest. It seems like the interest is renewed with alums and possibly the new administration. From what I am hearing, if the right opportunity presented itself, they would take a hard look at it. I am all for it and think that St Joe, Marian, Jimtown, Bremen, Glenn and CMA would be a great start. Time will tell.

1 minute ago, Offintheyard said:

There were feelers put out but the admin and some coaches at the time had no interest. It seems like the interest is renewed with alums and possibly the new administration. From what I am hearing, if the right opportunity presented itself, they would take a hard look at it. I am all for it and think that St Joe, Marian, Jimtown, Bremen, Glenn and CMA would be a great start. Time will tell.

Has anybody asked DT or Muda what they think?

12 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

from_the_sidelines007

I hear that LaVIlle is too vanilla on offense . . . . not a lot of creativitiy on offense . . .  predictable play-calling on offense . . . .

from_the_sidelines007

VERY VANILLA!!  No smashmouth at all  on offense.....Defense on other hand brings it!!!  They rotate very well on D-Line and don't  miss a beat when they do.   The backers and secondary flow very well to the ball!!    Not sure what to think of this team overall....clock is ticking!

42 minutes ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

The defense has always been solid under Hostrawser but the offense has been the letdown.  As young as they were last year, didn’t think the offense would be the issue.     They look like a totally different team!

I didn't think Howstraser ran the offense?

19 hours ago, from_the_sidelines007 said:

from_the_sidelines007

from_the_sidelines007

Seems Dill and Watts are more the speed. Battchelor? And Pope are the power? Right? 

11 minutes ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Hostrawser doesn’t but he’s the head coach and knows what the players are capable of.  This freshman class is a special class and would hate to see it messed up.

I heard they didn't allow a td all year last year? 

That junior class is really good too! Heard the HNAC is gonna have some really legit teams in a couple years. 

2 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

The defense has always been solid under Hostrawser but the offense has been the letdown.  As young as they were last year, didn’t think the offense would be the issue.     They look like a totally different team!

And come on man. LaVille is pretty good and has some really good teams coming but bumping up to 2a for these next two years kills and of course LCC is loaded in younger classes too. Tough spot. 

14 hours ago, SteelCurtain88 said:

Watts and Dill, who are clearly their 2 best backs, touch the ball less than 10 times between them, that’s a problem.

Seems awfully strange right??  Seems like they always want to go to the pass and to be honest other than his running skills the Doyle kid isn't that good as a QB!!!!! He throws the ball very weak and zeros in on who he is throwing to which any good secondary will pick him off a lot!

If they would settle down on the RUN it would be much better in Lancer Country.... now I know line was young starting the season but seem like they have been improving so not sure what is holding them back from running 40  times a game.   Dill can catch and run and seems like other than this past week they want him to catch the ball....    No chemistry to what the OC is doing!!

22 minutes ago, Football Guru 25 said:

Seems awfully strange right??  Seems like they always want to go to the pass and to be honest other than his running skills the Doyle kid isn't that good as a QB!!!!! He throws the ball very weak and zeros in on who he is throwing to which any good secondary will pick him off a lot!

If they would settle down on the RUN it would be much better in Lancer Country.... now I know line was young starting the season but seem like they have been improving so not sure what is holding them back from running 40  times a game.   Dill can catch and run and seems like other than this past week they want him to catch the ball....    No chemistry to what the OC is doing!!

#bringbackthebone

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Football Guru 25 said:

From what I hear, the OC during the summer and at the ND 7-on-7 had to leave due to a job situation.  Therefore, LaVille had to hurry and put in a new OC.  Not sure if they are running the same type of offense as the former OC, or, if the new OC has input on any chnages.  Offense, from what I've seen is very predicatable and very vanilla.  That could be due to new OC.

Coach H is the DC.  He knows defense, at least IMO.  He would admit he is not an offensive guy.

I would disagree on Doyle being weak throwing the ball.  When given some time, he has had multiple 20+ yard completions both last year and this year.  His offensive line took a hit with graduation and this new OL needs time.  Lets not throw the towel in just yet.  They only have one returning OL from a year ago.  Coach H has said they want to be playing best ball at the end of the season and into the sectional.

Watts did suffer an ankle in the second half Saturday.  That kept him out the rest of the game.  The Knox defensive penetration didn't give the LaVille RBs much room to run.  That is an OL issue.  Pound for pound, Knox pushed the LaVille OL back and were in the backfield pretty quickly.  That has be a point of emphasis moving forward.

Knox was the better team .... no doubt about that.  There were a couple of series in that game that turned the momentum.

3rd and long with LaVille knocking on the door, Doyle tried to make a play, get the ball out of bounds for an incompletion and the ball went backward.  Knox picked it up and turned that in to points.

What could have been points for LaVille turned in to points for Knox.  Changed the whole complexion of the game.

LaVille has stubbed its toe in a couple big games when they could get points and have come up empty.

There is no rest this week either.  Time for a backyard rivalry against Glenn.  Records don't mean anything here .... Glenn will come at LaVille.

from_the_sidelines007

• Like 1