Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Circle City Conference (CCC) Week 6

Sorry kids... took the week off from this last week.

Here are the game capsules for Week 6:

Indianapolis Chatard (4-1) at Guerin Catholic (4-1)
GAME TIME: 7:30 pm ET, Guerin.
COACHES: Rob Doyle, 22-10 in 3rd year at Bishop Chatard. Tom Dilley, 40-20 in 6th year at Guerin, 120-97 in 20th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Bishop Chatard, 101.97, 8th overall, 1st in 3A. Guerin, 76.21, 38th overall, 5th in 3A.
LAST OUTING: Bishop Chatard defeated Southport, 35-9. Guerin defeated Columbus North, 21-7.
VS. COMMON FOES: Bishop Chatard 1-0; Guerin 0-1.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Bishop Chatard 15-10. Guerin 14-11.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Bishop Chatard, 8-2
LAST MEETING: Bishop Chatard, 21-13, Sep. 21, 2018.
BROADCAST: INDIANA SRN Webcast https://indianasrn.org/upcoming-games/

Brebeuf Jesuit (4-1) at Indianapolis Roncalli (1-4)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Roncalli Field.
COACHES: Mic Roessler, 51-28 in 7th year at Brebeuf Jesuit. Scott Marsh, 12-13 in 3rd year at Roncalli, 39-68 in 11th year overall.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Brebeuf Jesuit, 76.88, 36th overall, 4th in 3A. Roncalli, 68.34, 60th overall, 12th in 4A.
LAST OUTING: Brebeuf Jesuit defeated Culver Academy, 21-14. Roncalli defeated Indianapolis Scecina, 34-7.
VS. COMMON FOES: Brebeuf Jesuit 0-1; Roncalli 0-1.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Brebeuf Jesuit 17-8. Roncalli 17-8.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Roncalli, 17-3
LAST MEETING: Brebeuf Jesuit, 44-12, Sep. 21, 2018.
BROADCAST: https://portal.stretchinternet.com/roncalli/

Heritage Christian (4-1) at Covenant Christian (2-3)
GAME TIME: 7 pm ET, Zionsville West.
COACHES: Kyle Ray, 20-15 in 4th year at Heritage Christian. Tony Bowman, 2-3 in 1st year at Covenant.
SAGARIN RATINGS: Heritage Christian, 56.2, 100th overall, 10th in 2A. Covenant, 18.6, 251st overall, 31st in 1A.
LAST OUTING: Heritage Christian defeated Indianapolis Shortridge, 48-0. Covenant lost to Indianapolis Tindley, 24-19.
VS. COMMON FOES: Heritage Christian 1-0; Covenant 1-0.
OPPONENTS' RECORDS: Heritage Christian 11-13. Covenant 13-10.
SERIES LAST 35 YEARS: Tied, 1-1
LAST MEETING: Covenant, 12-10, Sep. 21, 2018.
BROADCAST: INDIANA SRN Webcast https://indianasrn.org/upcoming-games/

Chatard at Guerin
Impressive wins over 6A programs for both Chatard and Guerin last week. I have had low expectations for the Guerin/Chatard matchup this year, but we may see a competitive game on Friday night. (i.e. within 1-2 touchdowns). Guerin's defense has so far been solid and they delivered a huge performance against Columbus North. Chatard still looks like the team to beat in 3A however. Chatard locks up the CCC title with a win... Guerin would need to beat the Trojans and also the Rebels at end of season for a share of the title. This should be a fun game... catch the video stream on Indiana SRN or take the drive up to Noblesville and drop $5 for a great matchup.

Brebeuf at Roncalli
Looks like a down year for Roncalli, but they they may have a chance in this game. The logical choice would be Brebeuf, but I'm going to give Roncalli the home-field edge on this one.

HC at CC
Heritage Christian looks to be the better team among of the CCC football brethren.

Edited by Foobird

Chatard. Guerin is well coached and this always seems to be a close game because of that, but I think Chatard will have too much this year. I certainly hope for a good and safe game, but this one goes to the Trojans.

Brebeuf. Always trends higher as the season goes on and I am just not sure what is going on at Roncalli except that they are young ( I think) and trying to find their way. They will play hard, but I think they come up short vs. the Braves.

Don't have anything on the HC/CC game. Probably not relevant in the CCC, sooooo...