Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Shelbyville on the brink of Contraction?

Guest DT

What has happened to the once proud Shelbyville football program?

Numbers down significantly.  

Uncompetitive on the field.

Apathetic fan base.

Broken feeder system

Poor administrative support?

All signs of pending contraction.

This is a big one.  

+

Very sad.  I remember Coach Parks.  Tough as nails, and his kids were just the same.

What happened?  And how did it go downhill so fast.?

5 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

I literally about posted this to you the other night. These have to be record numbers on the points allowed vs points scored. It’s like 325-7 on the year 

I did the same.  GC is a rebuilding program and they just demolished Shelbyville.  This one has gone over the cliff very quickly.  

7 minutes ago, DT said:

Very sad.  I remember Coach Parks.  Tough as nails, and his kids were just the same.

What happened?  And how did it go downhill so fast.?

I did the same.  GC is a rebuilding program and they just demolished Shelbyville.  This one has gone over the cliff very quickly.  

I agree. I saw 2 0-4 teams playing and thought it would be competitive. Not 67-0. WOOF 

9 minutes ago, Temptation said:

Is it in poor taste to speculate what the New Pal/Shelbyville score would have been?

That game is in a week and half.  New Pal has Greenfield this Friday followed by Shelbyville,  not exactly murderers row.  But then neither is the entire HHC

Edited by dmizers3
Addition

1 hour ago, dmizers3 said:

That game is in a week and half.  New Pal has Greenfield this Friday followed by Shelbyville,  not exactly murderers row.  But then neither is the entire HHC

Anderson Prep Academy has cancelled their season and was scheduled to play North Decatur next week. North Decatur is now traveling to Shelbyville that week so I assume New Pal now has an open date or will be looking for a new opponent.

4 minutes ago, JustRules said:

Anderson Prep Academy has cancelled their season and was scheduled to play North Decatur next week. North Decatur is now traveling to Shelbyville that week so I assume New Pal now has an open date or will be looking for a new opponent.

Not saying you're at all wrong but I don't understand how that can happen to a conference game.  Shelbyville should probably be kicked out of the league for stuff like that.

• Like 1

A lot going on here.  Condensed version is it sounds like Shelbyville would forfeit the conference game, and scheduled a game with North Decatur under the impression NP had another game lined up..  They do not.  If New Pal cannot find a Week 7 opponent, Shelbyville will be at New Pal on October 4.

Edited by CaptainHook
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CaptainHook said:

A lot going on here.  Condensed version is it sounds like Shelbyville would forfeit the conference game, and scheduled a game with North Decatur under the impression NP had another game lined up..  They do not.  If New Pal cannot find a Week 7 opponent, Shelbyville will be at New Pal on October 4.

This should really push NP to start thinking about a conference move.  The Mid State would be a nice fit.  

I say we create a new six team conference. New Palestine, Columbus East, Columbus North, Southport, Bloomington North, and Bloomington South. Maybe throw in one or two other teams. Helps relieve both HHCs from being beat on every year by New Palestine and Columbus East while the core-four Conference Indiana schools get better competition than what Terre Haute North and Terre Haute South can provide. 

Full disclosure: I'm only kidding but it's still fun to think about.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

I say we create a new six team conference. New Palestine, Columbus East, Columbus North, Southport, Bloomington North, and Bloomington South. Maybe throw in one or two other teams. Helps relieve both HHCs from being beat on every year by New Palestine and Columbus East while the core-four Conference Indiana schools get better competition than what Terre Haute North and Terre Haute South can provide. 

Just add New Pal and CE to Conference Indiana. 8 team conference. Everyone gets 7 conference football games. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fast Eddy 14 said:

Conference Indiana would add way to much travel for the schools.  I agree with captain, that football is the only lopsided sport in the conference.  It will balance with time.

For what schools? It's an hour to Bloomington and Columbus. I mean that's fine if there doesn't really need to be a switch, but the travel shouldn't be the issue. 

17 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

For what schools? It's an hour to Bloomington and Columbus. I mean that's fine if there doesn't really need to be a switch, but the travel shouldn't be the issue. 

Last time I drove to Terre Haute it was an just shy of two hours,  I my opinion that is to far.

9 hours ago, Frozen Tundra said:

Don’t kid- make the magic happen 🙂

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I can tell you straight from multiple AD's mouths, there are two issues with joining CI. Terre Haute North and Terre Haute South. 

From going to college in Terre Haute I know one of the issues is the smell.  What is the other one?

• Haha 4
  • Disdain 2