Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Shelbyville on the brink of Contraction?

Guest DT

In other words, dazzle me.  Leave comments of contraction to phonics class and status quo, quid pro quo, and e pluribus unum to Latin (of which, my niece and nephew went to the Latin School of Chicago, where Romans was their nickname—pretty cool, huh?)

Edited by Gipper

28 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Right on cue.  No talk of jet sweeps, safety blitzes, even fumblerooskis or any other type of gadget play.  Got a cool nickname?  Let’s hear it!  What did you think of the Packers-Eagles game last night?  I think the refs were next-level bad, but that’s just me.  Any insight for any games tonight?  I like Lowell over Highland, South Newton or Covington, and Zionsville to

So X's and O's,  "Nuts and Bolts", are the only thing that should be discussed regarding Indiana High School football on this forum.  Got it.   You know Gipper if you don't want to read what I or DT type there is this handy "ignore" feature where you can keep yourself in ignorance for the rest of your GID stay.  Go ahead and use it, something tells it wouldn't be the first time for you......

As for game insights:

Frankfort at Western Boone:     WEBO names the score, starters will play maybe one quarter.  The Hot Dogs will struggle to to have positive yards on offense, with it looking like their starting QB, and one of their best athletes, will miss his second game.

Eastern at  Clinton Central:    The 5-0 Comets simply have too much offensive firepower in this HHC contest.  Eastern 48,  Bulldogs 21.

Delphi at Clinton Prairie:  These teams look like somewhat mirror images of each other.  CP gives up a lot of points but is scoring an average of 41 per contest.  Delphi has a more stout defense, but their offense has struggled.  I'll go with the home team:  Gophers: 28, Oracles 21.

Rossville at Delphi,  Oct. 1.  -  Looks like a close contest this late in the soccer season between two struggling teams.  The Hornets have struggled to score all season, so I'll take Delphi over Rossville 2-1.

Edited by Muda69
  • Disdain 1

3 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

So X's and O's,  "Nuts and Bolts", are the only thing that should be discussed regarding Indiana High School football on this forum.  Got it.   You know Gipper if you don't want to read what I or DT type there is this handy "ignore" feature where you can keep yourself in ignorance for the rest of your GID stay.  Go ahead and use it, something tells it wouldn't be the first time for you......

As for game insights:

Frankfort at Western Boone:     WEBO names the score, starters will play maybe one quarter.  The Hot Dogs will struggle to to have positive yards on offense, with it looking like their starting QB, and one of their best athletes, will miss his second game.

Eastern at  Clinton Central:    The 5-0 Comets simply have too much offensive firepower in this HHC contest.  Eastern 48,  Bulldogs 21.

Delphi at Clinton Prairie:  These teams look like somewhat mirror images of each other.  CP gives up a lot of points but is scoring an average of 41 per contest.  Delphi has a more stout defense, but their offense has struggled.  I'll go with the home team:  Gophers: 28, Oracles 21.

Rossville at Delphi,  Oct. 1.  -  Looks like a close contest this late in the soccer season between two struggling teams.  The Hornets have struggled to score all season, so I'll take Delphi over Rossville 2-1.

Thanks for the tip, feel free to employ it as well.

12 minutes ago, Gipper said:

In other words, dazzle me.  Leave comments of contraction to phonics class and status quo, quid pro quo, and e pluribus unum to Latin (of which, my niece and nephew went to the Latin School of Chicago, where Romans was their nickname—pretty cool, huh?)

Thumbs down?  How will I ever handle this tragedy?

10 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Thanks for the tip, feel free to employ it as well.

No thank you.  I don't choose to keep my head in the sand.

9 minutes ago, Gipper said:

Thumbs down?  How will I ever handle this tragedy?

Responding to your own posts now I see.    Sanity must be slipping.

4 hours ago, Muda69 said:

So if an Indiana high school football program at say the 4A enrollment classification consistency has numbers in the 40-65 range for grades 9-12,  consistently posts 2-8, 1-9, 0-10 season records, and consistently has point differentials of around 300 points allowed vs. 50 points scored  then that is a "successful high school football program".  Got it.

It’s up to each individual school district to evaluate success and make necessary adjustments to schedules, conference affiliation, and how they choose to support (or not support) EC activities.  

1 hour ago, Gipper said:

All I know is that sports have been the “thing” to do at high school forever.  Play or watch the game or not.  Your call.

Gipper out.

This is changing.  Many kids who used to play football are opting out for other activities, or to get a job.  A friend of mine has a 17 year old son who quit football to work at chipotle.  He has never regretted his decision.  He could have earned a scholarship as a linear to a small school somewhere.  

5 minutes ago, DT said:

This is changing.  Many kids who used to play football are opting out for other activities, or to get a job.  A friend of mine has a 17 year old son who quit football to work at chipotle.  He has never regretted his decision.  He could have earned a scholarship as a linear to a small school somewhere.  

Your retirement community allows 17 year olds?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DT said:

"many" lol...  can you judge "many"?... how do you measure many? 

I've never had a player tell me they regretted playing football. I've had multiple people come up to me and tell me they regret NOT playing. 

Our numbers on our team are up, and have been the last four years. This is the first year in like the last ten years that the total number of football players has regressed from the year before (nationally speaking). The number is still higher than any year in the 90s. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

What if a student has to choose between helping to provide for his family (parents, siblings, etc.) and playing high school football?  

This is not a new decision. Students have been making this decision for years. Just because you may be more aware of it now doesn't mean it never existed.

11 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

What does an extreme circumstance have to do with contraction? Logic is helpful in every situation though btw. 

What if the number of students forgoing high school athletics due to having to help provide for their family, some of them being OMG! Athletes,  affects the overall numbers and competitiveness of the high school football team?   Socioeconomic factors have to be a consideration when it comes to contraction.

7 minutes ago, JustRules said:

This is not a new decision. Students have been making this decision for years. Just because you may be more aware of it now doesn't mean it never existed.

I live in Frankfort, Indiana.   I've been aware of it for decades.

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach said:

"many" lol...  can you judge "many"?... how do you measure many? 

I've never had a player tell me they regretted playing football. I've had multiple people come up to me and tell me they regret NOT playing. 

Our numbers on our team are up, and have been the last four years. This is the first year in like the last ten years that the total number of football players has regressed from the year before (nationally speaking). The number is still higher than any year in the 90s. 

Glad to hear your numbers are up!  My beef with Chipotle is that some burrito jockeys do not know how to properly roll one...

22 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

What if the number of students forgoing high school athletics due to having to help provide for their family, some of them being OMG! Athletes,  affects the overall numbers and competitiveness of the high school football team?   Socioeconomic factors have to be a consideration when it comes to contraction.

I live in Frankfort, Indiana.   I've been aware of it for decades.

You're wayyyy over blowing how many of these situations truly exist. 

Just now, Muda69 said:

Enough to make a difference, especially in economically depressed areas like Frankfort, Indiana.  

Give me numbers then. (btw.. you aren't the only that lives in an economically depressed area... I happen to work at school in an economically depressed area)

I apologize. I fed the troll. These two will just go in circles if you allow them. I've said my piece. 

1 minute ago, btownqbcoach said:

Give me numbers then. (btw.. you aren't the only that lives in an economically depressed area... I happen to work at school in an economically depressed area)

I apologize. I fed the troll. These two will just go in circles if you allow them. I've said my piece. 

https://compass.doe.in.gov/dashboard/overview.aspx?type=school&id=0997

compared to:

https://compass.doe.in.gov/dashboard/overview.aspx?type=school&id=3126

Not even close.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

Trolls like that are bad news.  They have nothing positive nor worthwhile to contribute.

• Haha 1
  • Disdain 1