Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 7 New Pal vs Shelbyville OFFICIAL STATEMENT

1 minute ago, Coach Nowlin said:

THIS IS WHY WE DO NOT ALLOW RUMORS TO FLY AROUND THESE PARTS AS I WAS QUICK TO HIDE SOME EAGERNESS WHEN ALERTED TO THINGS LAST NIGHT. 

Remember, always allow the PROCESS to play out. 

That's still only 1 side of it. Not that it matters either way but I wonder which side tried to cancel 1st.  I find it hard to believe that New Pal would try and cancel a conference game.  What's the motivation? Altruism?  The only potential replacement games would be massive blow outs as well.  I could see it if someone like Cathedral suddenly had an opening,  but to cancel Shelbyville for Jasper? I don't see it.

15 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

That's still only 1 side of it. Not that it matters either way but I wonder which side tried to cancel 1st.  I find it hard to believe that New Pal would try and cancel a conference game.  What's the motivation? Altruism?  The only potential replacement games would be massive blow outs as well.  I could see it if someone like Cathedral suddenly had an opening,  but to cancel Shelbyville for Jasper? I don't see it.

Apparently it was New Pal that reached out first.  I read statements from New Pal AD Al Cooper confirming.   I find that very odd but ok.  Good for Shelbyville for honoring the original contract when New Pal's replacement game fell through. They could have easily said "sorry but we have a game now, and this was your idea"

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmizers3 said:

Apparently it was New Pal that reached out first.  I read statements from New Pal AD Al Cooper confirming.   I find that very odd but ok.  Good for Shelbyville for honoring the original contract when New Pal's replacement game fell through. They could have easily said "sorry but we have a game now, and this was your idea"

Both schools were trying to do the best thing for their student-athletes by finding more competitive games that week, but any schedule change was contingent on both teams finding an opponent. Unfortunately, both teams were unable to find opponents and one school jumped the gun on announcing a game. All of the ADs involved were conversing. The discussions about motivation and spite is false. The Indy Star summed it up - it's a non-story, and the motivations of the schools was the proper one. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1