Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Week 6 in the MIC/HCC

A bit late this week.  Went 6-2 last week and moved another game ahead of my buddy Kyle.  Now 36-12 on the season.  Kyle is 34-14 picking these same games.

MIC: 

Ben Davis @ Lawrence North - This one is my "upset special of the week" as I think that Ben Davis is coming off of an emotional win whereas Lawrence North took Carmel to the wire and is returning home to play their first TRUE home game since August 30th!  I think the home team prevails 27-21.

Center Grove @ Lawrence Central - I think this is the week that CG starts to "right the ship" and prepare for a tournament run.  Easily the best 1-4 team in the state and have shot themselves in the foot recently and are starting to get healthy.  I think they feast on LC.  Gimme CG 30-17.

North Central @ Carmel - Carmel seems to have a knack for winning close games which could come in handy during tournament time.  North Central has resurfaced after their week 1 debacle and is a formidable opponent.  This one was an instant classic last year but I think Carmel wins fairly comfortably 23-13.

Pike @ Warren Central - Warren cannot let one loss turn into two and Pike is vastly improved based on preseason expectations.  I think that Pike keeps it close early and then Warren prevails.  Gimme WC 34-14.

HCC:

Avon @ Fishers - Was surprised how easily Brownsburg dispatched of the Tigers last week as the Orioles make their second trip to the city this fall.  The first one was a relatively easy victory over HSE but I expect this one to be closer.  I'll take Avon though.  23-20.

Brownsburg @ Westfield - Westfield was riding high prior to last week and then was manhandled by HSE whereas Brownsburg avoid a "post Avon" letdown in dominating Fishers at home.  Westfield bounces back and makes this one competitive, but I will take Brownsburg 34-27.

Hamilton Southeastern @ Zionsville - Two teams that are tough to figure out in the middle of the conference.  I have no idea on this one but I'll take HSE on the road 20-17.

Noblesville @ Franklin Central - Before the season, I expected these two teams to be near the bottom of the conference but I thought Noblesville would be the better team, yet they have not looked the part.  The Millers keep this one close, but fall again.  Flashes win 27-21.

Edited by Guest

Fun Fact: Kicker Jack Knight scored every point in Noblesville's 10-0 victory over FC last year.

The Millers kicked off the third quarter to Malieki Parks, who had a decent kick return until the ball was punched out from behind. Kicker Jack Knight picked the ball up at the 35 and sprinted down the far sideline to the end zone for a touchdown. Knight would send the point after kick through the uprights, giving Noblesville a 10-0 lead and what would turn out to be the final score.

“I’ve seen guys advance kickoffs before and run them in. I don’t think I’ve ever seen the kicker pick it up and run 30 yards like Bambi down the sideline,” said Roden on Knight’s touchdown on the opening kickoff of the third quarter. “He can run. He might be our fastest player,” continued Justin Roden on the speed of his kicker.

I predict FC gets the win on Friday 20-7.

8 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Center Grove is a bit of a long shot to win State. If the Warriors can get it together, I think they will win again. I mean, the state's largest class hasn't had a repeat champion since 2006.

CG is a different squad with a healthy Carson Steele. 

31 minutes ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

Center Grove is a bit of a long shot to win State. If the Warriors can get it together, I think they will win again. I mean, the state's largest class hasn't had a repeat champion since 2006.

Long shot, lol?  It’s a four team race annually.

2 hours ago, Warren Central Warrior said:

How are they a long shot? I’d like to hear an explanation for this statement. Tournament time CG is a COMPLETELY different team than they are in the regular season. My opinion though

Edited by cg_holmeaid
  • Like 1