Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Impeachment inquiry

TheStatGuy

7 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Muda, this has never been about removing Trump from office.  You know that.  Congress Dems know there is no way, and especially what has been presented, that the 2/3rds of the Senate will vote to remove him from office.

This is about a complete lack of confidence of who the Dems will ultimately have running for POTUS and if they can beat Trump.  So, you do what you can to cause damage and additional doubt in the mind of independent and moderate voters in the swing states.  Its about getting votes for their party and/or reducing votes for the GOP.  This is about the 2020 election and nothing more.  

Entertainment TV for the news networks....I think I will stick to Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Mr. Nail ... meet Mr. Head.

18 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Muda, this has never been about removing Trump from office.  You know that.  Congress Dems know there is no way, and especially what has been presented, that the 2/3rds of the Senate will vote to remove him from office.

This is about a complete lack of confidence of who the Dems will ultimately have running for POTUS and if they can beat Trump.  So, you do what you can to cause damage and additional doubt in the mind of independent and moderate voters in the swing states.  Its about getting votes for their party and/or reducing votes for the GOP.  This is about the 2020 election and nothing more.  

Entertainment TV for the news networks....I think I will stick to Netflix and Amazon Prime.

I'm not going to lie, for the 3-4 weeks or so, I'll have either Andy Griffith, South Park, or The Office reruns on the TV while I'm fixing supper, cleaning up after, doing laundry, whatever needs to be done around the house, when I finally sit down, it's either Netflix or Prime. I've watched several movies, reruns of Longmire, season 2 of Jack Ryan, the final season of Man in the High Castle, etc. Far more entertaining, and to be honest, I've watched a couple of really bad movies. The impeachment thing is pretty predictable. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I'm not going to lie, for the 3-4 weeks or so, I'll have either Andy Griffith, South Park, or The Office reruns on the TV while I'm fixing supper, cleaning up after, doing laundry, whatever needs to be done around the house, when I finally sit down, it's either Netflix or Prime. I've watched several movies, reruns of Longmire, season 2 of Jack Ryan, the final season of Man in the High Castle, etc. Far more entertaining, and to be honest, I've watched a couple of really bad movies. The impeachment thing is pretty predictable. 

What did you think?  I found the last episode to be kind of 'meh'.

• Disdain 1

51 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

What did you think?  I found the last episode to be kind of 'meh'.

Kind of like the latter part of season three. When a largely legit type movie/show stays in the real world, then jumps into the paranormal, it kind of loses me. 

Guiltless pleasure, I love Mountain Monsters, now on Travel Channel. Yes I understand it's fake, yes I know it's predictable, but it does offer some insight into local folklore in the Appalachian region, even venturing into Ohio and Kentucky. Beside what's more entertaining than a bunch of hillbillies with guns in the woods. So as they've made the transition from Destination America to Travel Channel, the show has taken a clearly defined turn into the supernatural realm. This is where show producers lose me. 

There is a new "finding Bigfoot" type show on Travel Channel which does possibly hold some promise, with actual research personnel.  Expedition Bigfoot. Maybe it turns into another bogus show, but the first episode tends to show them taking a scientific approach to finding Bigfoot. 

4 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

Any recommendations of some series that we can't miss? 

The Man in the High Castle. Although I haven't watched the final season yet. About what happened when the Allies lost WWII. Germany and Japan split the U.S.

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

thank you...that sounds really intriguing.....

If you're a WWII buff, you'll like it. I drive my family nuts watching WWII documentaries. Ozark as you mentioned earlier is awesome. We binge watched all of them about a year ago. Now seems like the new season has taken forever to get here. Hope I didn't miss it somehow. 

Also good: The Americans. An FX original series, The Americans is a period drama about the complex marriage of two KGB spies posing as Americans in suburban Washington D.C. shortly after Ronald Reagan is elected President. It's available on Prime, not sure about Netflix.

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

Oh no.......It wasn't.......

The first signs of evidence that "The first time in history incumbent government spying has been done to a Presidential campaign"

I think you got your deflections confused.

https://www.analyzingamerica.org/bombshell-pelosi-admits-they-have-been-planning-impeachment-for-years/?fbclid=IwAR17Sy2GNK5mmm5KpFsEV2GA0QyiHC5m1apw7310JAKRA9ZPwYS7Q4zfafg

Speaker Nancy Pelosi admitted that the impeachment of President Trump has been years in the making.

Speaker Pelosi: “All I hear from the press is that we’re moving so swiftly, that it’s like a blur going by. This has been a couple of years—two and a half—since the initial investigation.”

Yet the  Articles of Impeachment are for a phone call that happened in April of 2019.........SF isn't great at math, but 2 1/2 years ago would have been early 2017......

9 minutes ago, swordfish said:

https://www.analyzingamerica.org/bombshell-pelosi-admits-they-have-been-planning-impeachment-for-years/?fbclid=IwAR17Sy2GNK5mmm5KpFsEV2GA0QyiHC5m1apw7310JAKRA9ZPwYS7Q4zfafg

Speaker Nancy Pelosi admitted that the impeachment of President Trump has been years in the making.

Speaker Pelosi: “All I hear from the press is that we’re moving so swiftly, that it’s like a blur going by. This has been a couple of years—two and a half—since the initial investigation.”

Yet the  Articles of Impeachment are for a phone call that happened in April of 2019.........SF isn't great at math, but 2 1/2 years ago would have been early 2017......

That's a real believable link. lol

45 minutes ago, swordfish said:

So she didn't say that?  Got a link disputing it?  It was in the same presser where she claims since she is Catholic, she doesn't hate the President........Try and look one up.....

You the one making the claim using a bogus site.  Good lord you are gullible.

1 hour ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

You the one making the claim using a bogus site.  Good lord you are gullible.

https://www.speaker.gov/newsroom/12519-7

Read for yourself - from the speaker's own transcript - December 7.

"because all I hear from the press is that I move so swiftly that it’s like a blur going by.  This has been a couple of years – two and a half – since the initial investigation"

8 minutes ago, swordfish said:

"because all I hear from the press is that I move so swiftly that it’s like a blur going by.  This has been a couple of years – two and a half – since the initial investigation"

That is cynically selective quoting to change the meaning. The gist of her statement was the matters that are subject of the impeachment articles arose out of events -- the Russian interference in the 2016 election -- that were uncovered in an investigation that began 2-1/2 years ago.  Here is the full quote: "This has been a couple of years – two and a half – since the initial investigation of the U.S. – of the Russian involvement in America’s election, which started much of this and led to other things."

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, swordfish said:

Initial investigation in to Russian interference, not impeachment.  Jeez.  That investigation led to all kids of obstructionist behavior by the executive branch, which will obviously spark more investigation, i.e. the Mueller report.

The impeachment started with the whistleblower detailing Trump's high crimes and misdemeanors.  Typical right wing whacko distortion and distraction.  Deep state....scary stuff

8 minutes ago, Wabash82 said:

That is cynically selective quoting to change the meaning. The gist of her statement was the matters that are subject of the impeachment articles arose out of events -- the Russian interference in the 2016 election -- that were uncovered in an investigation that began 2-1/2 years ago.  Here is the full quote: "This has been a couple of years – two and a half – since the initial investigation of the U.S. – of the Russian involvement in America’s election, which started much of this and led to other things."

FINALLY Kudos to W82 for bringing this one home - Yep you are correct sir - Kinda like  the "abuse of power" argument the left uses that alleges the President "says he can do whatever he wants" when they always fail to note the context (every time he said it) was responding or referring without fail to the Meuller probe where the President does indeed have the authority to hire/fire whoever he wants in that capacity.

See how that works........Scary stuff indeed........

1 hour ago, swordfish said:

FINALLY Kudos to W82 for bringing this one home - Yep you are correct sir - Kinda like  the "abuse of power" argument the left uses that alleges the President "says he can do whatever he wants" when they always fail to note the context (every time he said it) was responding or referring without fail to the Meuller probe where the President does indeed have the authority to hire/fire whoever he wants in that capacity.

See how that works........Scary stuff indeed........

Unfortunately for Trump, he sure thinks he can do whatever he wants when he tried to bully the Ukraine into opening an investigation for a personal gain.  Then obstructing Congress' constitutional right to check and balance becomes a second high crime and misdemeanor.