Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Impeachment inquiry

TheStatGuy

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

Wonder what’s worse? Holding up a nomination, or bringing in a stooge to smear a man in front of his family and the world, and then discarding that stooge like common garbage when the “process” has concluded?

I don’t know. I’m not too “up” on my Trump generates talking points. Please elaborate.

9 minutes ago, swordfish said:

This level of dysfunction in Washington is exactly why I can now support term limit legislation for both houses of congress......

The issue, everyone hates congress, but loves their representative and keeps sending him back. 

I watched it play out for years with Lee Hamilton. He was a less than stellar rep in my opinion, however he would hold town hall meetings all over the district, old people would show up with a problem with their SS or Medicare, he'd have some lackey take care of it, and he was the best congressman EVER. Unfortunately all of those old people eventually died, the district became a lot less gerrymandered, and ol' Lee was out of a job, but his career of sucking at the public teet, continued.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

The issue, everyone hates congress, but loves their representative and keeps sending him back. 

I watched it play out for years with Lee Hamilton. He was a less than stellar rep in my opinion, however he would hold town hall meetings all over the district, old people would show up with a problem with their SS or Medicare, he'd have some lackey take care of it, and he was the best congressman EVER. Unfortunately all of those old people eventually died, the district became a lot less gerrymandered, and ol' Lee was out of a job, but his career of sucking at the public teet, continued.

Old people getting help with SS....sounds like a scam Boss Hamilton was running.

Lee retired and was replaced by another Democrat.

Also, the district was not really changed until 2012 when the 9th went from SW and South central Indiana district to basically an I-65 corridor district.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

Old people getting help with SS....sounds like a scam Boss Hamilton was running.

Lee retired and was replaced by another Democrat.

Also, the district was not really changed until 2012 when the 9th went from SW and South central Indiana district to basically an I-65 corridor district.

1. I never said it was a scam, I merely stated how he stayed in office. 

2. Lee retired after two incredibly close elections to Jean Leising. In a district that was hand drawn for a D, it didn't take Baron long to piss it away. 

3. Wiki is not always your best research tool. 

1 hour ago, Impartial_Observer said:

1. I never said it was a scam, I merely stated how he stayed in office. 

2. Lee retired after two incredibly close elections to Jean Leising. In a district that was hand drawn for a D, it didn't take Baron long to piss it away. 

3. Wiki is not always your best research tool. 

1. You made yourself crystal clear....own it.

2. Hamilton won by 4% in 1994 and 14% in 1996.  Razor thin margins lol. 

Hill won 5 times and out polled Sodrel by over 75,000 in their head to head matchups.  It appears as if Sodrel pissed it away as an incumbent and got whipped in the next two match ups.

3. Again, the district wasn't changed until 2012.  14 years after Hamilton retired.

7 hours ago, BARRYOSAMA said:

1. You made yourself crystal clear....own it.

How is a U.S. congressman using his position of power to sway some SS or Medicare bureaucrat a "scam"?  Do you have proof that Mr. Hamilton was getting some kind of kickback, other than perhaps a few votes from his constituents? 

Like you said..... own it.

• Disdain 1

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

How is a U.S. congressman using his position of power to sway some SS or Medicare bureaucrat a "scam"?  Do you have proof that Mr. Hamilton was getting some kind of kickback, other than perhaps a few votes from his constituents? 

Like you said..... own it.

I think both of you are missing the point, Hamilton himself didn’t do anything other than listen to their problems, there’s no conspiracy. 

• 2 weeks later...

House Votes To Send Impeachment Articles to Senate as New Evidence Comes to Light: https://reason.com/2020/01/15/house-votes-to-send-impeachment-articles-to-senate-as-new-evidence-comes-to-light/

The House of Representatives voted 228-193 on Wednesday to formally send articles of impeachment to the Senate, signaling the start of President Donald Trump's trial. While the tally fell mostly along party lines, Rep. Collin Peterson (D–Minn.) voted against the articles' advancement and Rep. Justin Amash (I–Mich.) voted in favor.

Also announced on Wednesday were the impeachment managers, who will prosecute the case against Trump. Rep. Adam Schiff (D–Calif.) is at the helm with help from Reps. Jerry Nadler (D–N.Y.), Hakeem Jeffries (D–N.Y.), Jason Crow (D–Colo.), Zoe Lofgren (D–Calif.), Val Demings (D–Fla.), and Sylvia Garcia (D–Texas).

The move capped off a contentious back-and-forth between House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D–Calif.) and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R–Ky.), after the former initially said she would withhold the articles for an unspecified period of time. Pelosi told ABC's This Week With George Stephanopoulos that she primarily did so to make the public case for witnesses after McConnell intimated that he would resist allowing any during the trial. The Kentucky senator, who has emphasized his desire for speedy proceedings, has since said that he will follow the impeachment model used during the Clinton administration, where senators vote on a resolution to start the trial and later vote on whether or not to allow witnesses.

Pelosi has come under fire for charging ahead with impeachment without waiting to hear from many in Trump's close circle, such as Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, acting Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney, and former National Security Adviser John Bolton, whom the White House had instructed not to testify. Bolton recently announced that, if subpoenaed, he would comply.

Trump was impeached by the House in December amid accusations that he improperly leveraged his position to pressure Ukraine into publicly announcing investigations into his political foes. He is the third president in U.S. history to face a Senate trial.

Wednesday's House vote coincided with the Tuesday release of records that provide additional fodder for the notion that Rudy Giuliani, Trump's personal lawyer, and his associate, Lev Parnas, were working to ensure that Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy announced those probes. The tranche of documents includes a handwritten note from Parnas that says, "get Zalensky to Annouce that the Biden case will Be Investigated." It further contains a correspondence between Parnas and Robert F. Hyde, a Republican congressional candidate in Connecticut, where Hyde implies that he is surveilling Marie Yovanovitch, the former ambassador to Ukraine who was ousted by Giuliani

After informing Parnas that Yovanovich's computer was off, Hyde said he could solicit help in tracking her whereabouts. "They are moving her tomorrow. The guys over [there] asked me what I would like to do and what is in it for them," Hyde said via WhatsApp. "They are willing to help if we/you would like a price. Guess you can do anything in the Ukraine with money."

Additionally, a letter from Giuliani to Zelenskiy requests a meeting between the two. In the letter, Giuliani tells the Ukrainian leader that the president has "knowledge and consent" of his efforts. Democrats are likely to emphasize the latter, as Republicans have argued that Trump may have been unaware or not directly involved in Giuliani's actions.

Here we go. Could be interesting, but will probably be another Congressional yawner where all we witness is politicians grandstanding.

• Disdain 1

20 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

House Votes To Send Impeachment Articles to Senate as New Evidence Comes to Light: https://reason.com/2020/01/15/house-votes-to-send-impeachment-articles-to-senate-as-new-evidence-comes-to-light/

Here we go. Could be interesting, but will probably be another Congressional yawner where all we witness is politicians grandstanding.

Political theater. As I have stated since this began, it's all a foregone conclusion. Weren't you paying attention in 1998?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TrojanDad said:

I don't know IO.....after all Nancy prays for the president.....she has a heart of gold......

Such a beautiful smile signing the articles.....and then sharing all her pens.  What character.  Maybe her style will permeate through all the Senators.  So this might be different IO.......😜

image.png.66cc073c26b9df2d3a29205d5369a85c.png

I'm not going to lie, I'm a little disappointed Maxine Waters didn't make the tournament team. She would have added a lot of entertainment value.

Does anyone think Nadler suffers from a touch of Napoleon Syndrome? 

1 hour ago, TrojanDad said:

I don't know IO.....after all Nancy prays for the president.....she has a heart of gold......

Such a beautiful smile signing the articles.....and then sharing all her pens.  What character.  Maybe her style will permeate through all the Senators.  So this might be different IO.......😜

I never understood the deal with the pens. Knowing what we know about government waste those things are probably procured for about $100 a pop or so.  How many thousands of taxpayers dollars has that wasted over the years?

• Thanks 1
  • Disdain 1

2 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I never understood the deal with the pens. Knowing what we know about government waste those things are probably procured for about $100 a pop or so.  How many thousands of taxpayers dollars has that wasted over the years?

I heard someone say when Trump was signing the China deal (while Pelosi was signing the impeachment papers) he should have looked up and said "How did this pen with Nancy Pelosi's name on it get in here?"

Trump - "I don't know Parnas, other than I guess I had pictures taken, which I do with thousands of people, "I don't know him at all, don't know what he's about, don't know where he comes from, know nothing about him. ... I don't believe I've ever spoken to him."

Parnas Lawyer - Posts video of Trump and Parnas talking at Maralago with another crook.

Trump apologists - "There is no audio....you can't prove he was talking"

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Howe said:

The Democrats have Trump right where they want him. With all of this evidence from their new super hero it will be easy to get 20 GOP Senators to convict Trump.🤣

Is Trump going to defend himself or hide behind Turkey Neck Mitch.

I will give you 20-1 odds he hides like the cuck he is.

• Like 1