Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Linton Miners vs North Knox Warriors

On 10/2/2019 at 9:54 PM, hick said:

No he doesn't...but he is kinda funny.  Tanka's post have made me giggle a few times.  His love for Brian Moore is heart warming. 

North Vermillion’s win tonight over the juggernaut Wolfs should put to rest any speculation of whether the Wolfs would beat the Linton Miners in a hypothetical game that won’t take place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ts32 said:

North Vermillion’s win tonight over the juggernaut Wolfs should put to rest any speculation of whether the Wolfs would beat the Linton Miners in a hypothetical game that won’t take place.

I'm confused. Brian The Great lost to a coach from Amishville?  I feel like everything I've been reading is just lies. What's next? The earth is flat?

8 minutes ago, hick said:

I'm confused. Brian The Great lost to a coach from Amishville?  I feel like everything I've been reading is just lies. What's next? The earth is flat?

Dude, I’m a proud son of Ohio, and my home is in Vermillion County. Those are the places I’m from. I love Amishville and the folks down there, but I’m not “from” there. Accuracy matters 😂

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Woody_Hayes said:

Dude, I’m a proud son of Ohio, and my home is in Vermillion County. Those are the places I’m from. I love Amishville and the folks down there, but I’m not “from” there. Accuracy matters 😂

Thanks for the correction.  Is it true that Brian Moore is from heaven?

6 minutes ago, Woody_Hayes said:

He’s from Fountain County I believe. Regardless, he’s a tough out.

Thanks & congrats to the Falcons on the great win. 

P.S. Tanka's going to be devastated when he finds this out.  

Edited by hick

Both teams left scores on the field.  Both teams were penalized beyond reasonable belief.  The Warriors seemed to play more inspired football than the Miners.  The Warriors passing game looked a lot better than advertised.  The short stuff seemed to work pretty well for them.  Then again, the Miners have had problems with that this year.  Best of Luck to the Warriors for the remainder of the season.

• Like 1

Just now, itiswhatitis said:

Both teams left scores on the field.  Both teams were penalized beyond reasonable belief.  The Warriors seemed to play more inspired football than the Miners.  The Warriors passing game looked a lot better than advertised.  The short stuff seemed to work pretty well for them.  Then again, the Miners have had problems with that this year.  Best of Luck to the Warriors for the remainder of the season.

agree...thought it was a real tough game...we had 2 of our best players get hurt in 2nd qt and didn't come back...tough officiating...just a real fun game to be a part of...score wasn't a indication of how close the game was...

16 minutes ago, NorthKnox94 said:

agree...thought it was a real tough game...we had 2 of our best players get hurt in 2nd qt and didn't come back...tough officiating...just a real fun game to be a part of...score wasn't a indication of how close the game was...

Sorry I forgot to mention about the players getting hurt.  Seemed like there was a lot of cramping going on.  Are they going to be okay?

Hamstrings are sometimes tricky.  They can heal up quick or become nagging and drag on for a while.  Hopefully the shoulder thing is just a stinger or jammed and not separated.  Never had a shoulder injury but did have a couple of hammy issues over the years.  Used a topical thing the trainers had called "Atomic Balm" with a wrap.  Worked great.  Only took a few days and was able to get back to full practice and played the next game.  That was back in the 70's.  That topical I used is probably illegal these days.   LOL  They probably don't even make it any more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/5/2019 at 7:49 AM, itiswhatitis said:

Hamstrings are sometimes tricky.  They can heal up quick or become nagging and drag on for a while.  Hopefully the shoulder thing is just a stinger or jammed and not separated.  Never had a shoulder injury but did have a couple of hammy issues over the years.  Used a topical thing the trainers had called "Atomic Balm" with a wrap.  Worked great.  Only took a few days and was able to get back to full practice and played the next game.  That was back in the 70's.  That topical I used is probably illegal these days.   LOL  They probably don't even make it any more.

Atomic Balm oohh the pranks we used to play with that stuff. Great memories!!

🔥🔥🔥

• Haha 1

I wanted to offer up a congrats to the Warrior effort on Friday.  The difference in this game from how they've gone in the past is that NK had that passing game, and it worked for them.  Hitting Boyles out of the backfield in the flat worked several times, Noland from TE several times, and then Doades for the  39 yard leaping catch over our CB who was right there.  NK wasn't going to stay in this game running the ball.  Even had Richter been able to play past the 2nd, I don't think the run game was working consistently.   The other thing was that NK"s defense made key stops.  Seniors up on that line were physical and made big plays on 3rd and 4th downs.... we haven't seen this good of defense since Southridge in week 1.  Yeah, I do think the Miners didn't come out enthusiastic.. didn't play with the same intensity or whatever the word is I'm looking for... but some of that may be that NK came right down the field and scored.  Course we answered right back, but then NK scored again.  This was an undecided game until mid 4th.  A one score affair... and I just kept waiting to the Warriors to hit on the big play and score.  I think Linton shot itself in the foot on a couple occasions with a snap way over  Goodman's head...  and a botched handoff that went sailing for a big loss.   Penalties??  well what can I say.. I was told there were 27 flags the week before in the Lincoln-NK game.  I don't have the numbers in front of me.. but both teams were over 100 yards in penalties.  Miners got hit with a couple facemasks, a couple hits that were ruled out of bounds, ...  NK was hit with a leading with the helmet call that I just don't understand what the heck the defender is supposed to do... and of course the much talked about Pass Interference all mid 4th that would have prolly had the Miners punt and NK have a chance down 21-13. Instead the Miners move the ball pretty easily on outside sweeps finally putting the game away late.  I know the Warriors have a lot of seniors... in fact it seems almost all their line on both sides are big seniors kids... and the skill guys are good...   As for my Miners... I think 16-18 year olds can't help but see things like... Linton has beaten NK 14 straight times, 26 of 27 etc and it doesn't play in their psyche....then you find yourself in a battle on the road with an enthusiastic crowd and the home team playing with momentum.  I like that they responded and pulled this game out.  I still worry about the pass defense.  A lot of Warriors were wide open... and really there were a few times Hammelman  just missed on passes on some key plays.. plus a couple drops didn't help... but I can't help but feel in NK could develop that passing into an equal threat every week Hammelman could be a weapon.. .and he can run as well.  Linton has to improve on that for sure.... because NK isn't a passing team.   I doubt we see any test next week with Eastern... and I don't know what PRovidence does now that their big RB is graduated.. they beat us up pretty good last year... ...   Best of luck to the Warriors.. they should win out... and depending on the blind draw.. we could very well see them again.... 

1 hour ago, Miner_Pride said:

I wanted to offer up a congrats to the Warrior effort on Friday.  The difference in this game from how they've gone in the past is that NK had that passing game, and it worked for them.  Hitting Boyles out of the backfield in the flat worked several times, Noland from TE several times, and then Doades for the  39 yard leaping catch over our CB who was right there.  NK wasn't going to stay in this game running the ball.  Even had Richter been able to play past the 2nd, I don't think the run game was working consistently.   The other thing was that NK"s defense made key stops.  Seniors up on that line were physical and made big plays on 3rd and 4th downs.... we haven't seen this good of defense since Southridge in week 1.  Yeah, I do think the Miners didn't come out enthusiastic.. didn't play with the same intensity or whatever the word is I'm looking for... but some of that may be that NK came right down the field and scored.  Course we answered right back, but then NK scored again.  This was an undecided game until mid 4th.  A one score affair... and I just kept waiting to the Warriors to hit on the big play and score.  I think Linton shot itself in the foot on a couple occasions with a snap way over  Goodman's head...  and a botched handoff that went sailing for a big loss.   Penalties??  well what can I say.. I was told there were 27 flags the week before in the Lincoln-NK game.  I don't have the numbers in front of me.. but both teams were over 100 yards in penalties.  Miners got hit with a couple facemasks, a couple hits that were ruled out of bounds, ...  NK was hit with a leading with the helmet call that I just don't understand what the heck the defender is supposed to do... and of course the much talked about Pass Interference all mid 4th that would have prolly had the Miners punt and NK have a chance down 21-13. Instead the Miners move the ball pretty easily on outside sweeps finally putting the game away late.  I know the Warriors have a lot of seniors... in fact it seems almost all their line on both sides are big seniors kids... and the skill guys are good...   As for my Miners... I think 16-18 year olds can't help but see things like... Linton has beaten NK 14 straight times, 26 of 27 etc and it doesn't play in their psyche....then you find yourself in a battle on the road with an enthusiastic crowd and the home team playing with momentum.  I like that they responded and pulled this game out.  I still worry about the pass defense.  A lot of Warriors were wide open... and really there were a few times Hammelman  just missed on passes on some key plays.. plus a couple drops didn't help... but I can't help but feel in NK could develop that passing into an equal threat every week Hammelman could be a weapon.. .and he can run as well.  Linton has to improve on that for sure.... because NK isn't a passing team.   I doubt we see any test next week with Eastern... and I don't know what PRovidence does now that their big RB is graduated.. they beat us up pretty good last year... ...   Best of luck to the Warriors.. they should win out... and depending on the blind draw.. we could very well see them again.... 

The Miners should win out also.  Providence will be the only test of the 2 remaining games.  Providence currently has a 3 - 4 record with 2 of their 3 wins against lower tier 2A teams (Clarksville and Mitchell).  Their other win is against Bethlehem, Kentucky.   At the beginning of the season I predicted the Miners would be 7 - 2.   By all appearances, they will be 8 - 1.  I still say sectional 40 is between the Miners and Mater Dei.  One of those 2 will make it to at least semi-state if not the title game.