Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Southwestern Indiana Top 10 Power Rankings - Midseason 2019

11 hours ago, hick said:

I would flip GS and Southridge. GS has beat no one and lost by multiple scores twice.  Southridge has defeated the #8 & #9 teams. Actually, are we sure GS should be ahead of Jasper, Castle, or Mater Dei?

Lost by multiple scores once*

and was looking to make it 21-28 vs Heritage Hills in the 3rd before a tipped pass became an interception and the very next drive a reception became a fumble.

• Haha 2

Southridge is definitely in front of us until we play each other.  Maybe a few others as well.  Still time to improve before the post season.  
   Meaning after we play southridge head to head the victor will be ahead. 

Edited by Titan54
  • Like 1

I believe that putting Jasper behind GS is looking at the body of work each team has done.  Jasper has done nothing yet to this point to warrant being ahead of GS.  On the flip-side, GS hasn't officially done anything to put themselves ahead of Jasper yet other than having a better record currently, so at this point, its just one man's opinion with his top 10 rankings.

13 hours ago, sr1 said:

hhpatriot04,   Jasper and Gibson Southern have one common opponent. Jasper lost to Heritage Hills by 3. Gibson Southern lost to Heritage Hills by 35. I just don't see putting Jasper behind Gibson Southern at this point.

They also both played Princeton and had blow-out wins. 

2 minutes ago, 2017statechamps said:

I believe that putting Jasper behind GS is looking at the body of work each team has done.  Jasper has done nothing yet to this point to warrant being ahead of GS.  On the flip-side, GS hasn't officially done anything to put themselves ahead of Jasper yet other than having a better record currently, so at this point, its just one man's opinion with his top 10 rankings.

Maybe that is where SOS comes into play?  Jasper's 54.65 puts them at 88 and GS's 30.53 puts them at 220.  I think there are 3 teams in the top tier (Central, Memorial & HH), 5 in the second tier (Castle, MD, Southridge, Jasper & GS) and then the rest.  Linton is too far removed to be able to accurately rank IMO.

• Thanks 1

I wouldn't move Jasper's ranking at all. Jasper has played 3 of the undefeated teams on there and 2 of them they played close. I can say we played HH a little better than GS did, but that would be the only argument of putting us maybe at a high ranking than whats suggested. 

1) Memorial

2)Heritage Hills

3) Ev. Central

4) Southridge

5)Gibson Southern

6) Castle

7)Mater Dei

8 Jasper

9) North

10) Mt Vernon

HM) Linton, North Knox, 

My two cents:  Memorial is king until they are dethroned in the area by someone.  HH get credit this week for a statement win.  Central is good, waiting for the match up!!  SR is SR man, good quality discipline physical team.  GS will be fine.

Edited by Patriot 74
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Titan20 said:

Going to ruffle some feathers here...

1. Heritage Hills

2. Central

3. Gibson Southern

4. Memorial

5. Southridge

6. Castle

7. Jasper

8. Mater Dei

9. North

10. Mount Vernon

Since were telling jokes....

1. Gibson Southern

2. Gibson Southern

3. Gibson Southern

4. Gibson Southern

5. Gibson Southern

6. Gibson Southern

7. Gibson Southern

8. Gibson Southern

9. Gibson Southern

10. Gibson Southern

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RoadRunner said:

Since were telling jokes....

1. Gibson Southern

2. Gibson Southern

3. Gibson Southern

4. Gibson Southern

5. Gibson Southern

6. Gibson Southern

7. Gibson Southern

8. Gibson Southern

9. Gibson Southern

10. Gibson Southern

Wait I don't get it???  Why is this a joke???

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Wait I don't get it???  Why is this a joke???

In what world is Gibson Southern the 3rd best team in Southern Indiana... ABOVE Evv Memorial!? this is absurd. Not taking anything away from HH. The top 3 teems on any given day are HH, Central, and Memorial. I'm not sure Gibson has proven themselves to be in the top 7 on this list yet. They have ZERO notable wins this year. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

So what happens with the rankings if there is a 5 way SIAC conference title?  How do we rank them then?  Heritage Hills # , 5 SIAC teams tied for #2 and then the winner of GS/SR #3? Lol

Sadly, with Memorial and Southridge getting bumped up, most of the questions won't get answered this year because the PAC & SIAC won't meet in the tournament.  No Memorial v. GS or HH.  No Southridge v. MD.  Kind of stinks in terms of GID banter, but a couple of questions will get answered this Friday. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tango said:

Sadly, with Memorial and Southridge getting bumped up, most of the questions won't get answered this year because the PAC & SIAC won't meet in the tournament.  No Memorial v. GS or HH.  No Southridge v. MD.  Kind of stinks in terms of GID banter, but a couple of questions will get answered this Friday. 

Agreed. Bosse right now is the closest hope to that.  Other than that, we either wait 2 years and see memorial back in 3A or we could see HH/GS/SR in 4A if they can get 2 deep runs going.  

unfortunately I think it’s more likely memorial stays up in 4A and nobody bumps up to 4A out of the PAC.

im actually curious to see how 2020 pans out. GS and HH will lose a TON of kids to graduation.  GS has a bunch of WRs and defense graduating as well a RB and others.  I’m not too sure who HH loses all together but I know they have a special senior class too. 

1 hour ago, DumfriesYMCA said:

Agreed. Bosse right now is the closest hope to that.  Other than that, we either wait 2 years and see memorial back in 3A or we could see HH/GS/SR in 4A if they can get 2 deep runs going.  

unfortunately I think it’s more likely memorial stays up in 4A and nobody bumps up to 4A out of the PAC.

im actually curious to see how 2020 pans out. GS and HH will lose a TON of kids to graduation.  GS has a bunch of WRs and defense graduating as well a RB and others.  I’m not too sure who HH loses all together but I know they have a special senior class too. 

A perfect reason why the "Success Factor " cycle should be 4 years.  Just think what the S32 and S40 brackets would look like with Memorial in 3A and Southridge in 2A.