Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Southridge 6-0 at Heritage Hills 6-0

1 hour ago, HHPatriot5757 said:

IMO Heritage Hills rolls in this one. All the credit so far goes to the boys up front. Big Mark Doyle and company are aggressive, physical, and nasty at the point of attack. I’m looking for another game of 400 plus rushing yards for the boys in blue. Nice to see the wishbone back in its former glory, 42-21 Patriots, in a game that never feels close.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........yes give credit to the big boys up front, but I think you are crazy to think this game isn't a heavy weight bout!!!!  SR is very good.  SR has made deep tournament runs the last couple years.  They are well coached.  This will be a great game.  I believe HH wins.  But it will be a dog fight!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........yes give credit to the big boys up front, but I think you are crazy to think this game isn't a heavy weight bout!!!!  SR is very good.  SR has made deep tournament runs the last couple years.  They are well coached.  This will be a great game.  I believe HH wins.  But it will be a dog fight!!

Yeah I thought last week was going to be a dog fight. HH rolls in this one. Not sure any 3A team in the south can stop them. 

8 minutes ago, Sacked said:

Yeah I thought last week was going to be a dog fight. HH rolls in this one. Not sure any 3A team in the south can stop them. 

Okay let me be clear about this.  HH rolled against GS, but they rolled last year too.  And look what happened in week 7.  A very physical, very close, right down to the end kind of game.  Maybe last year vs SR was due to a hang over from week 6, maybe it was because SR played 8 in the box, maybe it was because HH couldn't throw in the ocean from a row boat last year and allowed SR to play 8 in the box, I don't know.  I just don't think that this game will be a blow out either way.  Both teams run it......clock runs.  Both teams are disciplined (no penalties)....clock runs.  Shorter game equals less scoring.  IMO this game will be won by HH just no a run away, AND I am fine with that.  The Patriots ARE good, but they need to concentrate on getting better every week.  Fixing the things that need it, and the rest will  take care of itself.

6 hours ago, Cat02 said:

I don't if you would call it a wing T maybe, maybe not., but its a lot of misdirection. I felt both SR and HH had similar offenses against us. If I were to compare both teams HH seemed like the better team. They  came off the line harder and stayed on their blocks a bit better than SR, but SR threw the ball more than HH did.

I wonder if there is any chance the SR QB will be back for this game ?? Injured in week 3 and had surgery the next week I believe, Paper said 4-6 weeks but maybe a quick healer.

According to MaxPreps Taylor was 19 out of 32 for 470 yards with 7 touchdowns and 4 Interceptions in 3 games,

His replacement Niehaus is 12 out of 26 for 324 yards with 4 touchdowns and no interceptions.

4 hours ago, Bcaster said:

Just can’t help scratching my head at that “HH” helmet...

Very South Spencer-esque. 

It only takes a few HH mistakes early for Southridge to force HH into a different style of offensive play. I'm not sure if HH has had its "bad" regular season game, but if it's going to happen, , it'll likely be this week after a huge win against a familiar and disciplined foe in the Raiders. 

5 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

It only takes a few HH mistakes early for Southridge to force HH into a different style of offensive play. I'm not sure if HH has had its "bad" regular season game, but if it's going to happen, , it'll likely be this week after a huge win against a familiar and disciplined foe in the Raiders. 

The Jasper game was the "bad" HH game.

1 hour ago, Patriot 74 said:

The Jasper game was the "bad" HH game.

I don't know if you would call that a bad game. More of an eye opener. HH still got the W. With SR offense , they run so much misdirection. If every man on HH does their job and is disciplined you will be successful. 

32 minutes ago, Cat02 said:

I don't know if you would call that a bad game. More of an eye opener. HH still got the W. With SR offense , they run so much misdirection. If every man on HH does their job and is disciplined you will be successful. 

I wasn't trying to take anything away from Jasper.  They played a very good game.  My intention was this: four fumbles (not good), missed assignments defending the option (not good), relaxing after getting a 10-0 lead (not good)!  This was not a good game for the Patriots.  No slight to Jasper, just stating the truth.

30 minutes ago, Patriot 74 said:

I wasn't trying to take anything away from Jasper.  They played a very good game.  My intention was this: four fumbles (not good), missed assignments defending the option (not good), relaxing after getting a 10-0 lead (not good)!  This was not a good game for the Patriots.  No slight to Jasper, just stating the truth.

Sorry, I meant more  of an eye opener for HH. Like you said.. all the Turnovers is not HH like. I know they blocked better and got off the ball better than we did. Jasper, I thought kept up with HH well, but made plenty of mistakes themselves.

13 hours ago, hhpatriot04 said:

We had a 6 quarter period that was pretty bad, Patriot 74 already mentioned the Jasper game but the following Friday at North Posey we had 3 more turnovers all in the first half ( 2 fumbles and 1 interception ) In addition to the lost fumbles we had 2 or 3 other fumbles in those 2 games we recovered. If we had put the ball on the ground against the Titans like we did against Jasper and North Posey we probable wouldn't be talking about a unbeaten matchup.

43 minutes ago, Miner_Pride said:

Late to the party here.. but looking through stats I noticed Southridge QB Taylor has been out since week 3...   What happened?  Hate to see an injury... Will he be back at all?

Herald reported broken Collar Bone said surgery was successful and  expected  4-6 week recovery .

3 hours ago, Patriot 74 said:

Just throwing my two cents in, but I would hope anyone involved with that young mans situation would be very cautious with a broken collar bone that required surgery.  He is a fantastic baseball player, no need to jeopardize that.  JMO

I’m sure he appreciates your concern. For what it’s worth- it’s his non-throwing shoulder so you don’t have to be too worried about his baseball future as you seem to be. Awfully nice of you tho. 

Kid is the ultimate competitor - he’ll be just fine. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, jets said:

I’m sure he appreciates your concern. For what it’s worth- it’s his non-throwing shoulder so you don’t have to be too worried about his baseball future as you seem to be. Awfully nice of you tho. 

Kid is the ultimate competitor - he’ll be just fine. 

BTW, congrats to him on the verbal commitment to play baseball at the University of Evansville!  I love it when top southern Indiana talent stays close to home!

• Like 1

On 10/1/2019 at 1:59 PM, Patriot 74 said:

I was very impressed with Southridge in this game. Really played hard in that first half to keep it close, just to much power up front for the Patriots. I’ll be the first to admit it was a dog fight for a half but the Heritage Hills athletes were able to blow it out in the third quarter and never looked back.

On 10/1/2019 at 2:27 PM, Patriot 74 said:

Okay let me be clear about this.  HH rolled against GS, but they rolled last year too.  And look what happened in week 7.  A very physical, very close, right down to the end kind of game.  Maybe last year vs SR was due to a hang over from week 6, maybe it was because SR played 8 in the box, maybe it was because HH couldn't throw in the ocean from a row boat last year and allowed SR to play 8 in the box, I don't know.  I just don't think that this game will be a blow out either way.  Both teams run it......clock runs.  Both teams are disciplined (no penalties)....clock runs.  Shorter game equals less scoring.  IMO this game will be won by HH just no a run away, AND I am fine with that.  The Patriots ARE good, but they need to concentrate on getting better every week.  Fixing the things that need it, and the rest will  take care of itself.

I told you that you would roll.